72 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Just now, Lil bear said:

Which clinic ? William St Melbourne or Bridge rd Richmond ? Has he picked up the sealed envelope or are they sending it direct to the Consulate 

Sonic HealthPlus which I believe is on Williams Street. They are sending the sealed envelope directly to the consulate (he confirmed this yesterday, they sent it express to Sydney). Unfortunately I didn't think of the DS-3025 issue until they were closed for the day. 

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

4 hours ago, PaulMac said:

In a nutshell. Yup. He'll have to get his medical transcribed, get flu shot done and THEN they'll issue i-693 here, not DS-3025 (as someone mentioned, only can be issued abroad). Yes he will have to redo his medical here in the US or if he's lucky he'll be able to find a CS that transcribes Vaccination Records only, which is rare and get an I693. 
They WILL have flu shot here definitely. Walgreens, CVS, family docs, anywhere. But in the end he'll have to go to civil surgeon to get his shot documented properly. Not sure if you can do the email thing. His medical results are in the package he's bringing for border too, so it's not gonna line up when You send AoS and what they have, and i think it would make more issues (NOT SURE ON THIS ONE, MAYBE SOMEONE WILL CHIME IN).

Once the overseas medical is complete at the panel physician appointment, you cannot add any documentation to it. 

That is why it is always recommended to determine what vaccinations you will require based on your age and previous vaccines received long before your PP medical exam so that all you have to do is attended the PP medical exam with a completed vaccination record on hand and the PP will transcribe it to the DS3025. 

4 hours ago, americaninlove said:

Ugh this sucks. Trust me he tried to get the flu shot. No one had it. His doctor told him there was an issue with the supplier. I guess he’ll just do it all over again here. Just hope it doesn’t delay it too much. His sister is getting married and he needs to be able to get back there this summer. Ahhhhh

The PP could have given him a waiver if the vaccine was unobtainable and marked his DS3025 as complete. That is the PPs error.

3 hours ago, PaulMac said:

i'm not sure if you REALLY need a whole new medical. I think he might need just vaccinations transcribed to i-693 aand add the Influenza. Not 100% on that.

True but Civil Surgeons in the US rarely if to only transcribe the vaccination record. They want to charge you fully to redo the whole thing. THAT is the issue with waiting to di your vaccines in the US. 

1...you would have to redo everything in the exam

2...you would be paying for everything again and in the US can cost up to 3x's as much as it did abroad.

2 hours ago, beloved_dingo said:

I have a question related to this..

My fiance's doctor did not give him back the DS-3025 form either (he had his medical in Melbourne, Australia last week). It is not currently flu season there, so they did not give him a flu shot. However, he is not returning to the U.S. on his K1 until May (after flu season here). 

So..should the lack of flu shot affect receiving his DS-3025 or not? I had assumed previously that he would just have a waiver for that particular requirement. He is calling tomorrow to find out why he was not given back the form but it seems silly to me that the flu shot would have prevented it in his case, as flu season is March - October there, from what I recall. 

Lastly, if the issue IS the flu vaccine, would he be able to get the shot in March/April whenever it becomes available and then the doctor in Melbourne would be able to give him the filled out DS-3025? NO.

Hopefully what I said makes sense. Australia having opposite seasons to U.S. makes it a bit..odd. Haha

This topic has been posted hundreds of times if you search the search bar for "flu shot".

If your DS3025 is marked complete, it is complete. What matters is that it's complete on the date it is signed. It doesn't matter when it gets submitted for AOS

If you submit the DS3025 or are interviewed during flu season and you did not get the flu shot, your vaccination record is still complete because at the moment you did your medical exam, you did not need the flu shot to make the VR complete as it was not flu season.

What matters is the day of the exam. Not in the future. If it was complete that day, its complete any date in the future regardless of if the vaccination requirements change, your age changes, you become not pregnant, the season changes etc.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

3 hours ago, americaninlove said:

My fiance called the doctor today who did the exam and they said they would email him a copy of the DS-3025 if he can show them proof of flu vaccine.

The PP cant because the copy of the DS3025 he would have emailed to him wouldnt match the one that is in the sealed medical packet. Everything has not be finalized at the medical exam. It cannot be done afterwards after the medical packet has been sealed.

Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

This topic has been posted hundreds of times if you search the search bar for "flu shot".

If your DS3025 is marked complete, it is complete. What matters is that it's complete on the date it is signed. It doesn't matter when it gets submits for AOS

If you submit the DS3025 or are interviewed during flu season and you did not get the flu shot, your vaccination record is still complete because at the moment you did your medical exam, you did not need the flu shot to make the VR complete as it was not flu season.

What matters is the day of the exam. Not in the future. If it was complete that day, its complete any date in the future regardless of if the vaccination requirements change, your age changes, you become not pregnant, the season changes etc.

That was my understanding of the situation beforehand. But the issue is that the DS-3025 was not given to my fiance, and I don't know why. My concern is that they did NOT mark it complete because of the flu shot.

Regardless there is nothing else that can be done until the clinic opens. 

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

12 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

True but Civil Surgeons in the US rarely if to only transcribe the vaccination record. They want to charge you fully to redo the whole thing. THAT is the issue with waiting to complete your vaccines in the US. 

1...you would have to redo everything in the exam

2...you would be paying for everything again and in the US can cost up to 3x's as much as it did abroad.

3 minutes ago, beloved_dingo said:

That was my understanding of the situation beforehand. But the issue is that the DS-3025 was not given to my fiance, and I don't know why. My concern is that they did NOT mark it complete because of the flu shot.

Regardless there is nothing else that can be done until the clinic opens. 

If it was not flu season when he did his medical then he would have gotten a waiver and his DS3025 would have been marked complete. 

You'll need a copy though, and it's an obligation of the PPs to issue the patient a copy. 

Get a ahold of them asap.

Timeline

Just an update - my fiance contacted the clinic as soon as they opened, and they have put a copy of the DS-3025 in the mail to him. Hopefully it is filled out correctly, but hey we can fight that battle another time if they didn't. I feel better knowing that he'll have it at least :) 

4 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

The PP cant because the copy of the DS3025 he would have emailed to him wouldnt match the one that is in the sealed medical packet. Everything has not be finalized at the medical exam. It cannot be done afterwards after the medical packet has been sealed.

Well the doctor said he would....so you're saying he shouldn't even bother getting a flu shot now in  Germany because it's useless and he's going to have to get another one in the USA anyway with a civil surgeon?

7 minutes ago, americaninlove said:

Well the doctor said he would....so you're saying he shouldn't even bother getting a flu shot now in  Germany because it's useless and he's going to have to get another one in the USA anyway with a civil surgeon?

Yes. Unless the PP is willing to fill out a new DS3025 and submit that in his sealed medical packet to be sent to or be presented at the embassy interview. Not sure if hes been interviewed yet but if he has, filling out a new DS3025 would mean nothing because that would not match what is in his sealed packet.

2 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Yes. Unless the PP is willing to fill out a new DS3025 and submit that in his sealed medical packet to be sent to or be presented at the embassy interview. Not sure if hes been interviewed yet but if he has, filling out a new DS3025 would mean nothing because that would not match what is in his sealed packet.

Yes, he was interviewed and approved and is flying here in 12 days! This is so frustrating. So...how much does a civil surgeon charge for all of this lol? And more importantly, are they hard to get an appointment with?

1 minute ago, americaninlove said:

Yes, he was interviewed and approved and is flying here in 12 days! This is so frustrating. So...how much does a civil surgeon charge for all of this lol? And more importantly, are they hard to get an appointment with?

CS's can charge whatever they want. Mostly because they know it's not covered by insurance and that the medical exam is a requirement for the GC. If you're lucky you will be able to find a CS that will simply transcribe his updated vaccines to the I693. More often than not they will milk your status and require you to complete (and pay for) a whole new medical. You CAN shop around the official  USCIS CS list and see if you can find one that will transcribe the vaccination record only. You can do the shopping now but I would not suggest actually redoing the medical until you have your actual AOS interview appt. That appt can take a year or two to get and with the i693 only being valid for two years, its recommended to wait until then. 

I've seen CS's charge anywhere from $300 to $1000 USD. 

Here is the list to search through:

https://my.uscis.gov/findadoctor

1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

CS's can charge whatever they want. Mostly because they know it's not covered by insurance and that the medical exam is a requirement for the GC. If you're lucky you will be able to find a CS that will simply transcribe his updated vaccines to the I693. More often than not they will milk your status and require you to complete (and pay for) a whole new medical. You CAN shop around the official  USCIS CS list and see if you can find one that will transcribe the vaccination record only. You can do the shopping now but I would not suggest actually redoing the medical until you have your actual AOS interview appt. That appt can take a year or two to get and with the i693 only being valid for two years, its recommended to wait until then. 

I've seen CS's charge anywhere from $300 to $1000 USD. 

Here is the list to search through:

https://my.uscis.gov/findadoctor

Thanks that's so helpful. The urgent care a block from my house that has a doctor I know well is on the list, so that's helpful. They are not cheap but at least it's easy to get an appointment. BUT...can you clarify what you mean by not redoing the medical until having the AOS appointment? Don't you need it completed to send in with the AOS paperwork?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.