72 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Hi!

Long story short- My now wife got her medical abroad along with all the shots required. Doctor gave her ONLY I-693. Now, we're onto filing AoS and ran up to a dilemma. Will i-693 be enough (marked complete and signed), or need another visit to Civil Surgeon for DS-3025?

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
4 minutes ago, PaulMac said:

Hi!

Long story short- My now wife got her medical abroad along with all the shots required. Doctor gave her ONLY I-693. Now, we're onto filing AoS and ran up to a dilemma. Will i-693 be enough (marked complete and signed), or need another visit to Civil Surgeon for DS-3025?

Thanks

DS-3025 is what you get when you do your medical overseas, I-693 is what you get when you do your medical in the US. When her medical is not older then 1 year when you apply for AOS you do not need a new medical. Make sure to send a copy of the DS-3025 that she received in her visa package along with the AOS.

Edited by C90

Timeline
19 minutes ago, C90 said:

DS-3025 is what you get when you do your medical overseas, I-693 is what you get when you do your medical in the US. When her medical is not older then 1 year when you apply for AOS you do not need a new medical. Make sure to send a copy of the DS-3025 that she received in her visa package along with the AOS.

Thats the thing. She did medical in Europe, and got I-693, not DS. So i just include a copy of i-693 and should be good?

32 minutes ago, PaulMac said:

Hi!

Thanks

An I693 form is what US CS's use to record the medical results.

The DS30xx series of forms is what overseas Panel Physicians use to record the medical results. The DS3025 happens to be the Vaccination Record only. Your PP abroad should have given you a sealed medical packet PLUS a photocopy of the DS3025 Vaccination Record AND a copy of the XRay CD. She would have then brought the sealed medical packet to her consulate interview and they would have placed that medical packet inside of the yellow visa packet to be submitted at her POE. It would then be collected by CBP at her POE and transferred to DHS for safe keeping in her immigration file for when it comes time to be interviewed. 

Soooooooo the only thing she needs to submit with her AOS package is a photocopy of HER copy of the DS3025 Vaccination Record as the rest of her medical was already submitted at POE. It sounds like you might not realize what her DS3025 is. If she still does not have a copy she will need to contact her overseas PP as they were required to give her one plus   opt of the extra CD in a seperate encelope from the sealed medical packet.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

An I693 form is what US CS's use to record the medical results.

The DS30xx series of forms is what overseas Panel Physicians use to record the medical results. The DS3025 happens to be the Vaccination Record only. Your PP abroad should have given you a sealed medical packet PLUS a photocopy of the DS3025 Vaccination Record AND a copy of the XRay CD. She would have then brought the sealed medical packet to her consulate interview and they would have placed that medical packet inside of the yellow visa packet to be submitted at her POE. It would then be collected by CBP at her POE and transferred to DHS for safe keeping in her immigration file for when it comes time to be interviewed. 

Soooooooo the only thing she needs to submit with her AOS package is a photocopy of HER copy of the DS3025 Vaccination Record as the rest of her medical was already submitted at POE. It sounds like you might not realize what her DS3025 is. If she still does not have a copy she will need to contact her overseas PP as they were required to give her one plus   opt of the extra CD in a seperate encelope from the sealed medical packet.

Thanks for reply. Thats why i brought it up. The PP Sent the results, Xray straight to embassy, and gave her only the i-693. I'll ask her mom (who's in Europe) to call PP and ask for DS-3025 then.

Thats why i was weirded out. the I-693 shows all vaccinations with dates when administered, tells at the bottom that it's "complete" and signed. But she wasn't given DS-3025. Neither by the embassy, nor by PP.

Edited by PaulMac

How do you know she got an I693? It would have been in a sealed packet and would have to have been submitted as sealed at her interview. How do you know?

Timeline

That's what doctor gave her and she brought it here. i assume identical copy was in that "sealed" envelope that came with visa. But on the form itself, at the top it says "I-693". Its one page, double sided. 

EDIT: After medical, she wasn't given the sealed package, instead, THEY sent it straight to embassy. only thing she got, was that one paper which says "i-693"

Edited by PaulMac

4 minutes ago, PaulMac said:

Thats why i was weirded out. the I-693 shows all vaccinations with dates when administered, tells at the bottom that it's "complete" and signed. But she wasn't given DS-3025.

Sorry hunny but I'm pretty sure you are talking about her DS3025. I cannot upload a photo but if you look at the bottom left corner it left corner of the paper it should say DS3025. Will you look please?

Timeline
On 6/28/2017 at 1:43 AM, PhotoJ89 said:

After reading everything possible on the topic, I still don't know the answer re: Varicella. Is one of the series of Varicella (with insufficient time interval marked for second) sufficient for AOS application, without needing to go the I-693 route? Attached is a copy of my fiancee's DS-3025. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

DS3025.jpg

It's nearly identical to this one that i found on different topic.

6 minutes ago, PaulMac said:

That's a DS3025 in the photo. If even says "Panel Physician's signature" on it (Not Civil Surgeon). Can you please look at the bottom left corner of her form?

You will need to find out what you are dealing with because if it is an error that an overseas PP used an I693 (which form they cannot use) instead of the DS series of forms, you may have an expensive problem. 

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline

I'll look at it when i get home and grab it in hand. It's an atrocious copy they gave her.
Expensive as in.. Another visit for medical?

Timeline

I took a look at an actual copy of i-693 on USCIS website.. Looks nothing like the form they gave us. Vaccination table maybe, but not the rest of it. more to DS-3025, but that copy of the medical.. Holy moly.. I can see why i got it confused. The edges are cut out where it says ds-3025.. Yeah i believe they gave us the DS, but again. I'll DOUBLE CHECK once i get home. It's putting me on edge...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Just now, PaulMac said:

In the right bottom corner it should say DS-3025. If the panel physician really used the I-693 that's not good... Then (s)he's an incompetent panel physician.

Some countries give the sealt envelope to the beneficiary, some send it straight to the consulate. In the Netherlands they send it to the consulate and you get a copy of it with your visa. Double check your paperwork, can't imagine that no one (panel physician, consulate officer AND CPB) didn't see that the wrong form is used for overseas medical.

5 minutes ago, PaulMac said:

I'll look at it when i get home and grab it in hand. It's an atrocious copy they gave her.
Expensive as in.. Another visit for medical?

Yup. An actual US Civil Surgeon signed copy of an I693, including a complete redo of the medical simply because your Panel Physician didnt know which form to use.

Just now, C90 said:

Double check your paperwork, can't imagine that no one (panel physician, consulate officer AND CPB) didn't see that the wrong form is used for overseas medical.

Exactly. I cant believe it either....which is why I don't. I think the OP is confused on which form he actually has. Will await his reply.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.