PurelyRavage

RFE proof of meeting in last 2 years

30 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Letters and pics are not solid primary evidence.

She does not have passport stamps or flights...so this will work for her and she has proof of her travel history...smh

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
12 hours ago, PurelyRavage said:

Hi everyone. My NOA1 was August 7, 2018. RFE January 14, 2019. Just received notice in mail it was due to not providing enough proof for meeting (only included photos). I am arranging my stuff now including my hotel booking, bank statements and signed affadavit from family member. As we only live 30 minutes away across border I use my nexus pass so I never had a passport stamped or a flight needed - same with my fiance. Is it okay to just include this evidence? I also included a wedding invitation with both our names and photos of us at the wedding, as well my I-94 info online showing that I cross mutiple times a week. 

One other question, do the bank statements need to have our name on them? I just print screened where the transactions showed what I needed and pasted it. Not the entire page to save space. Thanks. 

Also does anyone know the usual length of time lately to approve noa2 after rfe for additional evidence?

We got RFE in the mail last week, the lady handling our case didn't deem $10,000 worth of flights, receipts of hotels etc we stayed, passport stamps or our vacation confirmation details with both our names on it deemed us a real couple. We got sent a list of things we should send that would make it more believable, we sent everything and more on her list- we resubmitted all our flight details with a minimum of 2 photos for each trip, receipts, tickets of activities we've done, 2 of our friends who know us as a couple wrote an affidavit and my fiance wrote a statement detailing the last 2 and half years of our relationship-when we saw each other, where we went, what we did etc. I have no idea what more they could want.  I have wedding invitations too, but we decided to keep them for the interview. 

From what I've read about RFE's, there doesn't seem to be a certain amount of time they respond by, I've seen some got their NOA2 in a few days and some a few weeks. it says online USCIS have up to 60 days to reply. The new site was updated saying they got our RFE reply 

35 minutes ago, Loo1 said:

We got RFE in the mail last week, the lady handling our case didn't deem $10,000 worth of flights, receipts of hotels etc we stayed, passport stamps or our vacation confirmation details with both our names on it deemed us a real couple. We got sent a list of things we should send that would make it more believable, we sent everything and more on her list- we resubmitted all our flight details with a minimum of 2 photos for each trip, receipts, tickets of activities we've done, 2 of our friends who know us as a couple wrote an affidavit and my fiance wrote a statement detailing the last 2 and half years of our relationship-when we saw each other, where we went, what we did etc. I have no idea what more they could want.  I have wedding invitations too, but we decided to keep them for the interview.

All the items noted in bold above are frontloading for the K-1 interview. They have absolutely no bearing on the I-129F. The I-129F does not have any requirement to submit evidence of having a bona fide relationship. I have yet to see a single RFE requesting this for an I-129F, nor anybody denied an I-129F for not being a real couple.

Most likely the RFE was either requested evidence of meeting in person at least once in the past 2 years, or evidence of intent to marry (or both).

If it was for intent to marry, then this would generally be covered via signed letters of intent (1 from each of you) stating that you intend to marry within 90 days of entry on the K-1 visa.

The reason flight details is highlighted is because this does not mean you actually went on the flight. The passport stamps do cover this, though.

Photos are almost impossible to verify a date unless there's like a newspaper headline with the date showing in it.

Affidavits, evolution of relationship letter, how much was spent on flights, etc. don't matter at this stage. They are fine to include so the CO sees them beforehand and can help convince them of having a bona fide relationship, but will have no impact on the I-129F.

From what I've read about RFE's, there doesn't seem to be a certain amount of time they respond by, I've seen some got their NOA2 in a few days and some a few weeks. it says online USCIS have up to 60 days to reply. The new site was updated saying they got our RFE reply 

They aim for 60 days for response to an RFE, but there is no hard time limit and it depends on many various factors. Usually it's a matter of weeks for most RFEs.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
54 minutes ago, geowrian said:

All the items noted in bold above are frontloading for the K-1 interview. They have absolutely no bearing on the I-129F. The I-129F does not have any requirement to submit evidence of having a bona fide relationship. I have yet to see a single RFE requesting this for an I-129F, nor anybody denied an I-129F for not being a real couple.

Most likely the RFE was either requested evidence of meeting in person at least once in the past 2 years, or evidence of intent to marry (or both).

If it was for intent to marry, then this would generally be covered via signed letters of intent (1 from each of you) stating that you intend to marry within 90 days of entry on the K-1 visa.

The reason flight details is highlighted is because this does not mean you actually went on the flight. The passport stamps do cover this, though.

Photos are almost impossible to verify a date unless there's like a newspaper headline with the date showing in it.

Affidavits, evolution of relationship letter, how much was spent on flights, etc. don't matter at this stage. They are fine to include so the CO sees them beforehand and can help convince them of having a bona fide relationship, but will have no impact on the I-129F.

They aim for 60 days for response to an RFE, but there is no hard time limit and it depends on many various factors. Usually it's a matter of weeks for most RFEs.

We thought the exact same, we had prepared all the highlighted items for the interview but when the RFE came last Monday, these were the specific things they requested, we didn't have to send them all, but we chose too as we didn't want any further issues with getting the I-129f approved. We had included an intent to marry letter which we both signed when we organically sent the application, this wasn't a request on the RFE.  We were extremely confused when we saw the request as like you have said, we thought it wasn't needed until the interview stage, this is why we didn't send them. 

7 hours ago, Loo1 said:

We thought the exact same, we had prepared all the highlighted items for the interview but when the RFE came last Monday, these were the specific things they requested, we didn't have to send them all, but we chose too as we didn't want any further issues with getting the I-129f approved. We had included an intent to marry letter which we both signed when we organically sent the application, this wasn't a request on the RFE.  We were extremely confused when we saw the request as like you have said, we thought it wasn't needed until the interview stage, this is why we didn't send them. 

Would you mind sending a copy of the RFE (with any personal details masked)? You can do so via PM if you would prefer.

Thank you in advance.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

12 hours ago, MsNina said:

She does not have passport stamps or flights...so this will work for her and she has proof of her travel history...smh

You may be shaking your head, but YOU suggested photos together and letters from family, and I am here to tell you that those are not solid primary evidence of meeting within the past two years.

The I-94 will suffice.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Nice manners.  No, she does not.  The 129f petition requires that the couple have met once within the preceding two years.  Unless someone can produce a date-stamped photo, it is not evidence of that requirement.

We sent NO photos together and my fiancé was from a similarly low-fraud country.

And since date stamping can be added after the fact so even a dated photo doesn't cut it 

YMMV

2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

And since date stamping can be added after the fact so even a dated photo doesn't cut it 

It is so funny how the myth of photos as "proof" required for the 129-f persists.........

Timeline
Just now, Jorgedig said:

It is so funny how the myth of photos as "proof" required for the 129-f persists.........

Not to mention chat logs, emails, etc...

YMMV

5 minutes ago, PurelyRavage said:

I already sent in 14 photos. They stated on my RFE that while it shows we have met they need proof of the time that we met is all. 

Exactly this.  Photos may show you HAVE met, but not that you met in the immediate two years preceding. 

I have read countless admin decisions on the USCIS site rejecting petitions submitted by people who obviously HAD met, but couldn't show evidence that it was within the two years prior to filing.

Just now, payxibka said:

Not to mention chat logs, emails, etc...

And Expedia flight itineraries.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

And Expedia flight itineraries.

I think I saw on the YouTube immigration service that Kayak is the "official" travel website of the uscis.   Maybe that's all it takes 

YMMV

4 hours ago, PurelyRavage said:

I already sent in 14 photos. They stated on my RFE that while it shows we have met they need proof of the time that we met is all. 

I wish you well. I just meant all of it together would be good ..for those that did not send pics of them together.good 4 them..but i would not risk that. Im thinking you i 94 will be good but i would also send an explanation since tgese thingz are not self explanatory for uscis 🤦🏾‍♀️

5 hours ago, geowrian said:

Would you mind sending a copy of the RFE (with any personal details masked)? You can do so via PM if you would prefer.

Thank you in advance.

Id like to be cc'd on this too...becuz if you submitted passport stamps...thats crazy. 

I just wanted to include the instructions for proof of meeting...it clearly says plane tickets and "other evidence" and there is no limitations..so saying sumbmitting photos is wrong...is very incorrect. Thank you...next.

20190121_155716.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Inappropriate post removed along with those that quoted.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.