PurelyRavage

RFE proof of meeting in last 2 years

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone. My NOA1 was August 7, 2018. RFE January 14, 2019. Just received notice in mail it was due to not providing enough proof for meeting (only included photos). I am arranging my stuff now including my hotel booking, bank statements and signed affadavit from family member. As we only live 30 minutes away across border I use my nexus pass so I never had a passport stamped or a flight needed - same with my fiance. Is it okay to just include this evidence? I also included a wedding invitation with both our names and photos of us at the wedding, as well my I-94 info online showing that I cross mutiple times a week. 

One other question, do the bank statements need to have our name on them? I just print screened where the transactions showed what I needed and pasted it. Not the entire page to save space. Thanks. 

Also does anyone know the usual length of time lately to approve noa2 after rfe for additional evidence?

Edited by PurelyRavage

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
15 minutes ago, PurelyRavage said:

Hi everyone. My NOA1 was August 7, 2018. RFE January 14, 2019. Just received notice in mail it was due to not providing enough proof for meeting (only included photos). I am arranging my stuff now including my hotel booking, bank statements and signed affadavit from family member. As we only live 30 minutes away across border I use my nexus pass so I never had a passport stamped or a flight needed - same with my fiance. Is it okay to just include this evidence? I also included a wedding invitation with both our names and photos of us at the wedding, as well my I-94 info online showing that I cross mutiple times a week. 

One other question, do the bank statements need to have our name on them? I just print screened where the transactions showed what I needed and pasted it. Not the entire page to save space. Thanks. 

Also does anyone know the usual length of time lately to approve noa2 after rfe for additional evidence?

if you have credit card statements of use in the US or of your fiance when they crossed over to Canada...that would be a good evidence. 

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Alabamak1 said:

if you have credit card statements of use in the US or of your fiance when they crossed over to Canada...that would be a good evidence. 

I included that in the evidence as in I provided statements showing when we were in Niagra falls together as well as statements and photos for family dinners we went to. We go across multiple times a week so I'm not sure how much more I should include. 

Timeline

well in your specific case, because of the closeness to each other and being at the border does not help much. Other than the usual: hotels where you guys went together to visit?, credit cards, piece of mail sent to each other, venues, maybe the purchase of a ring, the letter of intent to marry, communication through social media, phone calls, logs from Skype, maybe trips to 3rd countries where you both went in these last 2 years, with passport stamps. There is a list, and you can choose which best suits to proof it. Multiples are best evidence. 

the i-94 records are your best proof that you guys met and meet regularly

Edited by Alabamak1

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

4 hours ago, Alabamak1 said:

well in your specific case, because of the closeness to each other and being at the border does not help much. Other than the usual: hotels where you guys went together to visit?, credit cards, piece of mail sent to each other, venues, maybe the purchase of a ring, the letter of intent to marry, communication through social media, phone calls, logs from Skype, maybe trips to 3rd countries where you both went in these last 2 years, with passport stamps. There is a list, and you can choose which best suits to proof it. Multiples are best evidence. 

the i-94 records are your best proof that you guys met and meet regularly

But these arent proof of meeting. She needs the passport stamps or pics with his family or letters from his family.

4 hours ago, PurelyRavage said:

What is a nexxus pass? Is there any documented proof that you were there? Maybe statements from bank transactions and statements from his family...i would avoid anything wedding related... hang in there😥

Timeline
8 minutes ago, MsNina said:

What is a nexxus pass? Is there any documented proof that you were there? Maybe statements from bank transactions and statements from his family...i would avoid anything wedding related... hang in there😥

there is a list of things you present as evidence....if you read the OP post, you would know. Canadians have a hard time proving the passport stamps, because they do not get one. Of course, how would you know what a Nexus card is and start criticizing other peoples post. Aside.....

the i-94 records are your best proof that you guys met and meet regularly. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, MsNina said:

Canada and us don't require stamps to cross. I have a Nexus pass which means I'm pre screened when I cross making it easier. I have my i-94 showing all my multiple crossings since April. I have a statement from his mom as well as photos of dinners with transactions showing we were there. 

1 minute ago, Alabamak1 said:

there is a list of things you present as evidence....if you read the OP post, you would know. Canadians have a hard time proving the passport stamps, because they do not get one. Of course, how would you know what a Nexus card is and start criticizing other peoples post. Aside.....

the i-94 records are your best proof that you guys met and meet regularly. 

Because in person meeting has nothing to do with chats...that wont help her...thats all..i dont know what a nex pass is but it should have some tracking mechanism and that should be sufficient proof thats all i am saying. You were telling his stuff that proves bonafides of a relationship. She has what she needs now.

3 minutes ago, PurelyRavage said:

Canada and us don't require stamps to cross. I have a Nexus pass which means I'm pre screened when I cross making it easier. I have my i-94 showing all my multiple crossings since April. I have a statement from his mom as well as photos of dinners with transactions showing we were there. 

That is perfect. I would go with that try to find pics with those dates of travel and write a brief explanation. No wedding stuff..that has backfired from what ive seen here.

5 hours ago, PurelyRavage said:

"I also included a wedding invitation with both our names and photos of us at the wedding" I'm a bit taken back with this sentence. Was this a wedding that you attended or was this YOUR wedding?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

"I also included a wedding invitation with both our names and photos of us at the wedding" I'm a bit taken back with this sentence. Was this a wedding that you attended or was this YOUR wedding?

Oh no sorry. His sister's wedding we attended. Turns out the invitation didn't have our names on it so I can't use that anyways

Just now, PurelyRavage said:

Oh no sorry. His sister's wedding we attended. Turns out the invitation didn't have our names on it so I can't use that anyways

Wow. You scarred me. Here is why. Having anything remotely showing that you could be at wedding (the CO doesn't know if it is yours or not) will raise suspicion and could end in a visa denial. There are many cases through out the years here on VJ that it has happened. So that is where I was going with that question.

I think your best proof is pictures together with his family or he with your family, pictures at recognizable landmarks (statue of Liberty as an example), I-94 history and any receipts you may have. I don't think you should need to worry. I think those items should be plenty. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

5 hours ago, MsNina said:

But these arent proof of meeting. She needs the passport stamps or pics with his family or letters from his family.

Letters and pics are not solid primary evidence.

5 hours ago, MsNina said:

Because in person meeting has nothing to do with chats...that wont help her...thats all..i dont know what a nex pass is but it should have some tracking mechanism and that should be sufficient proof thats all i am saying. You were telling his stuff that proves bonafides of a relationship. She has what she needs now.

Nexxus pass is a pre-vetted travel document for Americans and Canadians who frequently go back and forth across the land border.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.