Vianca

Anyone from ORLANDO i Need assistance assembling k1 packet

16 posts in this topic

Hello ,

To anyone reading this i am new to the blog , and as it has been wonderful with so much information. I am at the very start of the k1 process but am having the most difficult time assembling the actual packet to send out and I'm very fearful of making any errors.

If there is anyone from the orlando area , and is willing to help whom is futher along with the k1 visa process . Please contact me. I would truly appreciate any direct guidence as i have been so worried and stressed out and above anything confused with all the papers. 

Please help, and thank you for anyone whom has taken the time to read this post.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi.

Orlando filer here.

i used this link and has no issues when I had filed for the K1 visa https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Thank you so much , i am definitely going to use this as a guide. I was unsure as i ended hp request police clarence and my fiance's birth certificate.

So my other question  is , as far as right now just sending in the petition , i dont need to send her personal information, is that correct ? Like birth certificate and police clearance. And if i have my valid passport can i just send that vs. Having to get another new US birth certificate.

If we live in orlando , is pur drop box the TX address ?

Thank you again kind friend. 

Sorry , also i heard people saying on certain post not to send a binder. Is that true ? They are stating just to send it all together lose with strong clips holding it together. That they will reject anything sent in a binder or booklet form.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Vianca said:

Hello ,

To anyone reading this i am new to the blog , and as it has been wonderful with so much information. I am at the very start of the k1 process but am having the most difficult time assembling the actual packet to send out and I'm very fearful of making any errors.

Please help, and thank you for anyone whom has taken the time to read this post.

Read the guide, read the https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

Do not over think. Do not send more than needed. DO NOT LIE. Understand 129F is more about as petitioner than beneficiary.

Make sure following is included:

• Check for exactly $535 no more no less. Check should be clipped to the very top and should be the first thing they see when they open your packet.
  • 5cm by 5cm pictures, sign the backs with pencils. Make sure those pics satisfy US passport standards, no backshadow etc. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/photos.html
  • 2 letters of intent to marry is safest, individually written and signed,  the one from your beneficiary can be a printed copy.
  • Clear proof of 2 of you meeting within last 2 years. Pictures alone do not prove 2 year timeline. Passport stamps and boarding passes help.
  • Type out brief summary (one page) of your circumstances. This is your answer to Question 54.
  • Make sure box 55 is answered (IMB).
  • Everything else that is relevant to your case. You do not need to include beneficiary birth certificate. You do not need to include I-134.
  • You do need to include petitioner's proof of being US citizen.

Ultimately you are the one responsible for this but don't panic, it is not as complicated as some think. They are not out to get you, and looking for excuses to not approve. 

You are a life saver.....i will definitely update once i have assembled. Some post are just confusing and it gets intimidating. Sadly i have gathered all the incorrect paper work which has prolong me from sending in the petition. 

Thank you guys so much!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 hour ago, Shiran said:

Read the guide, read the https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

Do not over think. Do not send more than needed. DO NOT LIE. Understand 129F is more about as petitioner than beneficiary.

Make sure following is included:

• Check for exactly $535 no more no less. Check should be clipped to the very top and should be the first thing they see when they open your packet.
  • 5cm by 5cm pictures, sign the backs with pencils. Make sure those pics satisfy US passport standards, no backshadow etc. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/photos.html
  • 2 letters of intent to marry is safest, individually written and signed,  the one from your beneficiary can be a printed copy.
  • Clear proof of 2 of you meeting within last 2 years. Pictures alone do not prove 2 year timeline. Passport stamps and boarding passes help.
  • Type out brief summary (one page) of your circumstances. This is your answer to Question 54.
  • Make sure box 55 is answered (IMB).
  • Everything else that is relevant to your case. You do not need to include beneficiary birth certificate. You do not need to include I-134.
  • You do need to include petitioner's proof of being US citizen.

Ultimately you are the one responsible for this but don't panic, it is not as complicated as some think. They are not out to get you, and looking for excuses to not approve. 

Also, make a cover sheet of everything listed in your package in order of the first page to the last, Put your passport sized photos in a small sealing bag, put your photos of being together and check clipped together with  your passport photos in a sandwich bag.  Have that sandwich bag clipped to the main packet.  I have heard stories of people opening the envelopes and the pictures slipped out and went missing.  So make sure that nothing is lose like photos or even the check clip them together. 

Edited by Tidus992

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I put mine in a binder and didnt have problems. My i-129f just got accepted dec 17 2018. Make sure  you have the docs that it asks for all in the packet. As for question 54 you don't need your life story just tell them how  you met within the 2 years. I put exactly this "5/29/2018 - 6/17/2018 She visited me in the U.S. We went to Universal studios with my parents then alone to magic kindgom. After I had to go back to work so we stayed around my house for the remaining days"  and got approved without RFE's. I also used my passport as proof of US citizen.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
22 minutes ago, dxec said:

I put mine in a binder and didnt have problems. My i-129f just got accepted dec 17 2018. Make sure  you have the docs that it asks for all in the packet. As for question 54 you don't need your life story just tell them how  you met within the 2 years. I put exactly this "5/29/2018 - 6/17/2018 She visited me in the U.S. We went to Universal studios with my parents then alone to magic kindgom. After I had to go back to work so we stayed around my house for the remaining days"  and got approved without RFE's. I also used my passport as proof of US citizen.

Haha nice! We (husband and I) met at Universal Studios and then we became official at Magic Kingdom!

Thank you so much you have no idea how much all this information has help and calm me i appreciate the help so much to all whom have replied. 

THANK YOU!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, britishandusa said:

Haha nice! We (husband and I) met at Universal Studios and then we became official at Magic Kingdom!

Haha! That is awesome!

Good luck OP! Just make sure you have all the stuff they ask for and you will be just fine.

Those forms stressed me out, too.  I did not want to leave anything to chance.  I ended up using Rapid Visa and am glad I did.  I was able to complete all the paperwork online, step-by-step.  All I did was stuff all the paperwork into a big envelope and send it off to them.  They not only prepared a professional binder for me, but checked my application for errors.  They found one.  When I corrected that error, they found another. I couldn't believe it.  I corrected that one, too. Each time I corrected an error, they reviewed my paperwork again until everything was perfect.  I can't remember what it was, but I believe one of the mistakes I made was serious enough to cause a delay or a RFE.  As it turned out, we received our NOA-2 two weeks faster than we anticipated.  I don't know if using Rapid Visa had anything to do with that, but they claim to organize your petition exactly like USCIS wants to see it. Right now?  My fiance' is in Moscow waiting for her embassy interview on Jan. 24, 2019.  I hope to have her here in the states on Feb. 15.  I do plan on using Rapid Visa for filing her Green Card Petition when the time comes.  Their fair fees and payment plan made both our lives much easier.

Edited by Roy and Liliya
An omission

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
13 hours ago, Vianca said:

Sorry , also i heard people saying on certain post not to send a binder. Is that true ? They are stating just to send it all together lose with strong clips holding it together. That they will reject anything sent in a binder or booklet form.

They won't reject a binder but they ask NOT to send one. They have to scan EVERY page. A binder would make it difficult and time consuming.  From their website: 

In preparing your packet, remember:

• Do not use binders or folders that we cannot easily disassemble.

Reference: https://www.uscis.gov/forms-filing-tips

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hey there! You can read my blog on how I prepare and file my K1 visa, I have also made a template for the cover letter, intention to marry letter, and other stuff, you can visit my blog at: 

https://lifeofevesan.com/how-i-file-my-k1-visa-and-got-my-noa1-approved/

Hope this helps!

K1 Visa

9 May 2018 - Received Date for NOA1

3 November 2018 - Notice Date for NOA2 (on I-797)

5 November 2018 - Notice Date for NOA2 (USCIS website)

16 November 2018 - Received I-797 physical letter from USCIS

26 November 2018 - NVC received petition

8 December 2018 - Case Number Received!

26 December 2018 - In Transit

3 Jan 2019 - Case received by US Embassy Singapore

8 Jan 2019 - Packet 3 received!

23 Jan 2019 - Received Interview date 

30 Jan 2019 - Interview date and passed!

31 Jan 2019 - CEAC Status Changes from "Ready" to "Application Received"

1 Feb 2019 - CEAC Status Changes from "Application Received" to "Administrative Processing"

4 Feb 2019 - CEAC Status Changes from "Administrative Processing" to "Issued"

5 Feb 2019 - Received e-mail/SMS to pick passport up

7 Feb 2019 - Visa and Package to be surrendered to US Immigration in hand

AOS

30 April 2019 - Package sent with FedEx 

1 May 2019 - Package received my USCIS Chicago Lockbox 

5 May  2019 - Fees deducted from Credit Card

6 May 2019 - NOA1 received from text!

27 June 2019 - RFIE received via text/email

1 July 2019 - Letter for RFIE received

2 July 2019 - Sent back RFIE

3 July 2019 - USCIS changed status to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence Was Received

11 Sept 2019 - Testing and Interview 

30 Sept 2019 - EAD Card Produced

2 Oct 2019 - EAD Card is being Mailed to Me

13 April 2020 - EAD Renewal NOA1

28 July 2020 - Case was approved for EAD

3 August 2020 - Received NOA2 (I-797) form stating that my EAD and AP approved

10 August 2020 - Card was mailed to me

11 August 2020 - Card was picked up by the USPS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Also one thing to remember. Since your beneficiary is coming from the DR, you will need to translate all documents that are in Spanish into English. I did 38 pages of my fiance's divorce and it wasn't fun! Read all the information in the guides and take nuggets from those who have already done the same as you are doing. The one mantra I constantly hear is, "Front load!"

USCIS I-129F Petition:   image.png.5e26813a0fee6f4065ce829758e29731.png      

image.png.66176722dd07631b884c6730df9ff788.pngimage.png.63696e1e1440439256be59ac086d18bb.png

Dept of State K1 Visa:   image.png.9a78db6ac742a01a01d0b157963311c8.png       image.png.8b2371c75847cbfbc45e7dc896f8ba1f.pngimage.png.e0b583662f868174b3c52088da49263c.pngimage.png.7f70a1e5e353924875a93c2b082fbee0.png
USCIS I-485 Petition:   

image.png.465aaf5ca7c51799120b0fab7f99afe5.png

image.png.e0b583662f868174b3c52088da49263c.pngimage.png.7f70a1e5e353924875a93c2b082fbee0.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.