scootabug

9-Week Delay Between NOA2 and NVC, Second NOA2 Received

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

wow i thought i was the only one, i recently started going through the same thing, our NOA 2 was dec 4 , and i called nvc twice a week from after christnas to jan 10th, the nvc said they never recieved, i called uscis to make sure it was mailed, i spoke to a tier 2 agent who took info for a search inquiry. on the 16th of jan a tier 2 officer told me an agent was assigned the case. this is so stressful and frustrating. i also reiceved the same email from nvc when i sent all the details in, the email stated they never recieved the case and will work with uscis to locate it and keep it moving forward. i hope to hear soon any details 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
10 hours ago, sunshinefemi2014 said:

wow i thought i was the only one, i recently started going through the same thing, our NOA 2 was dec 4 , and i called nvc twice a week from after christnas to jan 10th, the nvc said they never recieved, i called uscis to make sure it was mailed, i spoke to a tier 2 agent who took info for a search inquiry. on the 16th of jan a tier 2 officer told me an agent was assigned the case. this is so stressful and frustrating. i also reiceved the same email from nvc when i sent all the details in, the email stated they never recieved the case and will work with uscis to locate it and keep it moving forward. i hope to hear soon any details 

It's relieving to see that we're not the only couple this is happening to at the moment. I kept searching through threads and timelines to see if anyone else was in our boat. That's one of the main reasons I created this thread! Anyone else who is going through this, feel free to share. I'd love to see your progress.

I hope that you hear something back soon. Just make sure to continue calling and emailing! If we stay on top of it, we'll all get through this eventually.

K1                                                                                 AOS

I-129F Filed: 05/17/2018                                                         AOS Mailed: 06/28/2019

NOA-1 Received: 05/23/2018

NOA-2 Received: 11/16/2018 [177 days]

NVC Received: 1/17/2019 [63 days] 😕

Second NOA-2 Received: 01/19/2019 [65 days] 😖

New Case # Assigned: 01/22/2019 [5 days]

NVC Left: 02/05/2019

Embassy Received: 02/08/2019

Medical: 02/16/2019

Interview: 03/01/2019 APPROVED 🎉

Visa Received: 03/11/2019

POE: 04/13/2019

Married: 06/12/2019 🎊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello, same thing happened to us it was 64 days before NVC received it. NOA2 November 21 and NVC received January 17. I had to get a senator involved to get my petition forwarded and USCIS. CSC email lied to me saying it was in transit and it was not. So it is important to track your case because they don’t care. Clearly they forgot about my case and did not forward it. Of course they will never admit why it took that long to forward my petition. 

Edited by Gulsah90

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, scootabug said:

It's relieving to see that we're not the only couple this is happening to at the moment. I kept searching through threads and timelines to see if anyone else was in our boat. That's one of the main reasons I created this thread! Anyone else who is going through this, feel free to share. I'd love to see your progress.

I hope that you hear something back soon. Just make sure to continue calling and emailing! If we stay on top of it, we'll all get through this eventually.

I would suggest this because honestly on this site for 8 years I have seen this happen many times. You need to be calling USCIS when they answer demand to talk to a Tier 2 Supervisor.

When the supervisor answers says these words exactly, "When did my I-129F petition leave the service center for NVC?"

This happened to me way back in 2012 and I was with like 8 people n this site for Nigeria who all arrived at NVC within 2 weeks, but my petition  no where to be found until TXbone told me what to do. I called and the Supervisor said "Oh your petition is still right here (It had been a month),", she then says "Did you want me to send it to NVC". Like duhhhh

So call first thing tomorrow so you at least know it was sent and sent to correct place.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Update: just called the NVC and we have a case number!!! 🤩

Anyone else have any progress on their cases?

K1                                                                                 AOS

I-129F Filed: 05/17/2018                                                         AOS Mailed: 06/28/2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, scootabug said:

Update: just called the NVC and we have a case number!!! 🤩

Anyone else have any progress on their cases?

It always feels SO great when there is progress. 

Your time is coming!! 

Timeline

@Missanna221 see this thread about my NOA -> NVC, I hope it helps you! ❤️

Sharing my experience here as a member of the double NOA2 club:

12/03/18:  NOA2 notice date, 179 days after “Received Date,” within the normal timeline.

1/16/19 [44 days after NOA2]:  It’d been about six weeks and we hadn’t heard anything, so I emailed NVC (NVCINQUIRY@state.gov) to see if they had a case number yet.

1/22/19 [50 days after NOA2]:  I received a response to my email (identical to the one in the original post), stating that they had not yet received my petition:

Thank you for your inquiry. We do not have a record of receiving your petition.

It can take at least six weeks for the National Visa Center (NVC) to receive an approved petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and enter it in the U.S. Department of State's database system. If it has been less than six weeks since USCIS approved your petition, you don't need to take any action at this point.

If USCIS approved your petition more than six weeks ago, please send us a scanned copy of your I-797 or I-171 Notice of Action - Approval Notice. You can attach the scanned copy to an email, and send it to nvcresearch@state.gov.

In the subject line of your email, please type the original receipt number from your I-130 Approval Notice. If you have more than one petition, send a separate email for each petition. Once we receive the copy of your approval notice, we will contact USCIS to find your petition.

Before you send us an email, please check your Notice of Action and make sure it says your petition was approved. If it says that USCIS kept your petition, or if it is a notice other than an approval, you should contact USCIS for more information. You can contact them on their website at uscis.gov, or by telephone at 1-800-375-5283.

At this point, my misplaced faith in the process had eroded and I called USCIS.  The rep I spoke to said our petition had not been mailed yet, and that they had sent a second NOA2 on 1/16/19.  I requested to speak to a Tier 2 Supervisor, who also said they had sent a second NOA2 on 1/16/19 – her tone as she saw this on their system seemed to imply she thought this was odd.  I asked her to confirm that our petition had not been physically mailed yet, and she responded that the system said that as of 1/16/19, the petition was still at CSC and being prepped to be sent to NVC.  She indicated that it could take “a couple of weeks” for petitions to be mailed, and when I pressed her on a best estimate, she said to call back if NVC hadn’t received it in 30 days.

Given the similarity of my experience with that of scootabug, sunshinefemi2014, and Gulsah90 above, I suspect there was a holdup at CSC around this timeframe, and around January 16th someone stepped in.  My hope is that things are moving along now.

I also emailed a scanned copy of my I-797 to nvcresearch@state.gov but haven’t gotten a response back yet.  I haven’t received a copy of the second NOA2 in the mail yet, but think I might get it today based on how long it took for me to get the first one.

Any advice on what else I can do at this point?

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Eaglenoodle said:

12/03/18:  NOA2 notice date, 179 days after “Received Date,” within the normal timeline.

1/16/19 [44 days after NOA2]:  It’d been about six weeks and we hadn’t heard anything, so I emailed NVC (NVCINQUIRY@state.gov) to see if they had a case number yet.

1/22/19 [50 days after NOA2]:  I received a response to my email (identical to the one in the original post), stating that they had not yet received my petition:

At this point, my misplaced faith in the process had eroded and I called USCIS.  The rep I spoke to said our petition had not been mailed yet, and that they had sent a second NOA2 on 1/16/19.  I requested to speak to a Tier 2 Supervisor, who also said they had sent a second NOA2 on 1/16/19 – her tone as she saw this on their system seemed to imply she thought this was odd.  I asked her to confirm that our petition had not been physically mailed yet, and she responded that the system said that as of 1/16/19, the petition was still at CSC and being prepped to be sent to NVC.  She indicated that it could take “a couple of weeks” for petitions to be mailed, and when I pressed her on a best estimate, she said to call back if NVC hadn’t received it in 30 days.

Given the similarity of my experience with that of scootabug, sunshinefemi2014, and Gulsah90 above, I suspect there was a holdup at CSC around this timeframe, and around January 16th someone stepped in.  My hope is that things are moving along now.

I also emailed a scanned copy of my I-797 to nvcresearch@state.gov but haven’t gotten a response back yet.  I haven’t received a copy of the second NOA2 in the mail yet, but think I might get it today based on how long it took for me to get the first one.

Thank you for sharing! It's comforting to not be alone in this.

Personally, I think that you should continue calling USCIS to see if your petition has been mailed. And then once they say it has, start calling the NVC to see if it has arrived. Submitting the research request is good, hopefully that ensures that there starts to be some movement with your case.

Since the NOA2 is mailed from the east coast, maybe it's taking a while to get to you, but it does seem strange that they would have sent one over a week ago and you still haven't gotten it. I got mine within a few days of the date printed on it.

Keep us updated! And best of luck ❤️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Eaglenoodle said:

I just yesterday received a new noa2. What I would do is contact your senator and congressional offices and fill out the privacy release forms. They helped my case move along. I tried to speak with a tier two sup and the line rang and went dead. Every rep I spoke with just gave me ridiculous wait times. One said 30 one said 60 and another said 90. I didn’t know who to believe. The senator offices have direct access to the service centers. Don’t lose track of your case. We all should have not even waited this long. This is part of the process that was suppose to be fast. 

Appreciate and agree with the advice!

I did receive the second NOA2 in the mail today, with a notice date of 1/15/2019. 

I also received responses from both NVCResearch (identical message as the original post)

The National Visa Center received your inquiry and the attached I-797 Notice of Action - Approval Notice. Unfortunately we do not have a record of receiving your approved petition from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

NVC will work with USCIS to determine the location of your petition. We will let you know when we have more information. You do not need to take any action at this time. Thank you for your patience as we work with USCIS to ensure your case is moving forward.

and surprisingly, USCIS (I submitted an online inquiry two days ago):

The status of this service request is:

On 01/22/2019,  you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your I-129F, to notify us that you believe your case is over normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved. 
What We Have Done

This case was approved on 01/15/2019 and a notification was mailed to the address of record at that time. 

Once an initial I-129F petition has been approved by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, it is forwarded to the National Visa Center, which is an entity of the State Department.  The State Department controls visa issuance.  Once with the State Department, USCIS no longer has jurisdiction or access to the petition.  

For questions regarding your petition, it is recommended that you contact the State Department regarding your concerns.  You can contact the National Visa Center for more information. 

I'd like to think things are on track now, but won't be giving them the benefit of the doubt anymore.  Hopefully there'll be an update when I call them tomorrow morning.

I'm flying to Tokyo next week to formally propose and give her the engagement ring (which should come in handy for the interview).  If nothing's changed by the time I get back, I'll have to escalate things.

The lack of transparency is what makes this so frustrating...my fiance and I joke that we got the laziest worker at CSC and he just moved his box of Krispy Kremes and noticed our case was under it 😒

Just got off the phone with USCIS - our petition was forwarded yesterday (1/24)!

That would put it at five business days after the second NOA2 notice date, so normal timing.  This seems to imply that receiving a second notice means the process is moving again after a period where they lost track of the case.

We'll never know...but I like to imagine it's something as silly as Bob opening a drawer and realizing, "oh #######, I forgot to forward these cases."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 minute ago, Eaglenoodle said:

We'll never know...but I like to imagine it's something as silly as Bob opening a drawer and realizing, "oh #######, I forgot to forward these cases."

I like the Krispy Kreme theory. 😂

Timeline
On 1/28/2019 at 6:28 AM, ZimboFire said:

thought i was the only one we  also received a 2nd NOA

You're not alone!

When did you get yours?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.