mangy

221 G after K1 Interview in Mumbai

691 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I forgot to do a Mumbai consul review lol I'll be posting one shortly. People tend to lose faith while in AP or 221g and it brightens their day knowing there is still Hope! We are proof lol 

Timeline

My fiance is also they said they issued 221g. What happened to us was. After NOA2 it went to NVC. NVC was supposed to send us some kit for submitting the document. But, nothing came. When I went online to submit it I needed INVOICE number. So, I called NVC and one lady said our file has been moved to Embassy and you will get information from them. So, I sent all my documents to her to take it to the embassy. 

The interviewer then asked her all the  questions and handed over this 221g and said she wanted more photos and my travel documents. My Fiance instead of handing over my Itinerary to visit her in India and the boarding passes, she got confused where she kept all the  papers, which she had it with her. I sent her all 8 boarding passes from my 2 visits and also my 2 itineraries. Now, we have prepared and arranged all the documents almost 35 documents including my tax for 4 years as I am giving more proof. My paystubs, and so many other documents. Our wedding is also planned to be on March 11th and I am worried now that if she submits on Monday 25th, will she be able to get the visa within 4 days as  her to leave on March 2nd. 

How long you guys who got 221g take to get it approved any ideas? I have just 4 days for her flight, if not all our plans will be ruined and our wedding plan is doomed and we have to plan it again.

Timeline
On 2/22/2019 at 2:24 AM, kvalam said:

I got notification my visa has been issued! 

How long did it take you all? As, I am submitting 221g and other documents tomorrow. They just asked for my airline tickets and more photos and submitting all my documents. We have our wedding planned on March 11th and I am not sure whether they will issue it within 4 days or how long the NVC will take to go through it.

13 minutes ago, Emily2015 said:

My fiance is also they said they issued 221g. What happened to us was. After NOA2 it went to NVC. NVC was supposed to send us some kit for submitting the document. But, nothing came. When I went online to submit it I needed INVOICE number. So, I called NVC and one lady said our file has been moved to Embassy and you will get information from them. So, I sent all my documents to her to take it to the embassy. 

The interviewer then asked her all the  questions and handed over this 221g and said she wanted more photos and my travel documents. My Fiance instead of handing over my Itinerary to visit her in India and the boarding passes, she got confused where she kept all the  papers, which she had it with her. I sent her all 8 boarding passes from my 2 visits and also my 2 itineraries. Now, we have prepared and arranged all the documents almost 35 documents including my tax for 4 years as I am giving more proof. My paystubs, and so many other documents. Our wedding is also planned to be on March 11th and I am worried now that if she submits on Monday 25th, will she be able to get the visa within 4 days as  her to leave on March 2nd. 

How long you guys who got 221g take to get it approved any ideas? I have just 4 days for her flight, if not all our plans will be ruined and our wedding plan is doomed and we have to plan it again.

@Emily2015,  Had you already sent it when you filed I 129 application & are they still asking for more ? 

Edited by ujones

Timeline
1 minute ago, ujones said:

@Emily2015,  Had you already sent it when you filed I 129 application & they still is asking for more ? 

Well, during I-129 nobody asked me for my tax documents and other documents. I-129 was approved and then it went to NOA2 from there to NVC- NVC did not take our documents and they sent our file to Embassy directly. So, when we went to the Embassy after the interview they issued 221g. So, NVC should have taken or instructed us to send the documents, nothing was received just a confirmation email stating our file went to NVC from NOA2. 

Embassy sent the letter and we thought we will have to take our documents to the Embassy but they did not ask for any documents except photos. So, please, am not sure we are submitting it again tomorrow with all the additional documents etc.. and hoping that it can be received based on our urgency?

On 2/22/2019 at 2:24 AM, kvalam said:

I got notification my visa has been issued! 

So it took almost 30 days approximately? Since you went for the Interview on Jan 18th?

5 minutes ago, Emily2015 said:

Well, during I-129 nobody asked me for my tax documents and other documents. I-129 was approved and then it went to NOA2 from there to NVC- NVC did not take our documents and they sent our file to Embassy directly. So, when we went to the Embassy after the interview they issued 221g. So, NVC should have taken or instructed us to send the documents, nothing was received just a confirmation email stating our file went to NVC from NOA2. 

Embassy sent the letter and we thought we will have to take our documents to the Embassy but they did not ask for any documents except photos. So, please, am not sure we are submitting it again tomorrow with all the additional documents etc.. and hoping that it can be received based on our urgency?

@Emily2015, NVC do  not take any documents nor do they give you instructions for documents. It’s when you get the packet 3 from embassy that you will find the instructions for documents. Tax & income documents are submitted at the interview by everyone. Some people front load I 129 application with all the relationship proofs but some get asked for more at interview. From what I hve seen by following this gp it depends on embassy when they would approve visa after receiving documents per 221g.i hve seen some cases that got all cleared in a few weeks to months. So I guess it depends. I hope yours get approved soon 

Edited by ujones

Timeline
1 minute ago, ujones said:

@Emily2015, NVC do  not take any documents nor do they give you instructions for documents. It’s when you get the packet 3 from embassy that you will find the instructions for documents. Tax & income documents are submitted at the interview by everyone. Some people front load I 129 application with all the relationship proofs but some get asked for more at interview. From what I hve seen by following this gp it depends on embassy when they would approve visa after receiving documents per 221g.i hve seen some cases that got all cleared in a few weeks to months. So I guess it depends. I hope yours get approved soon 

Well, the officer knows that our marriage is on the 11th and she was flying out next Saturday. As, our expectation was if she was approved on the 21st, wait for a week for getting the visa and we did premium processing, so thought she should receive it by 27th, so she can leave on March 2nd. That was my plan as I planned to have our wedding by the 11th. We already booked our tickets to Hawaii where our marriage is going to take place and looks like now this won't and can't happen. As, all our wedding plans will be screwed and all money that was put into this plan is all gone. :(

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Emily2015 said:

How long did it take you all? As, I am submitting 221g and other documents tomorrow. They just asked for my airline tickets and more photos and submitting all my documents. We have our wedding planned on March 11th and I am not sure whether they will issue it within 4 days or how long the NVC will take to go through it.

We submitted our 221g proof on Jan 25th and they approved it Jan 29th. We got email to submit passport on Feb 2nd but we never got the email so we didn't submit passport until Feb 15. We got issued on Feb 22. We are going to pick up visa this week. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Emily2015 said:

Congrats buddy. Wow it took at least a month.

It would have been less than 30 days had we submitted our passport on Feb 2nd! Sucks but I'm just glad it's all over. 

Golden rule of visas: never put money down or make firm plans until the visa is in hand.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
2 hours ago, geowrian said:

Golden rule of visas: never put money down or make firm plans until the visa is in hand.

This has always been my thought. Quotes ideas ok. Complete arrangements are a risk. Even if they approve it CAN take up to 10 business days to receive the visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.