Nardz

F2A moved to F2B!!!

25 posts in this topic

Hey guys, so my mom is a LPR . She filed my sister on March 14,2017. My sister was 19y and 11months.  Her birthday is April 7,1997. 

Priority date - March 14, 2017

Approval date- Sept. 25, 2018 (my sister is 21y and 5 months)

So by nov, 26 2018 her info is in nvc system  in the Philippines. I paid all the fees . And submitted the ds-260. In the middle of process . They froze me to upload paperwork on ceac website. I called the nvc . They said my sister category move to F2B. Now, my mom is very worried.  Is there anything u guys can help? The lady on the phone said try to email the nvc and ask for a dispute. But no guarantee.  My sister is about to be 22yrs old in April. Does she have chances for f2a? 

Thank you! Hope somebody will help explain based on their experience or knowledge. 

Edited by Nardz

The clock doesn’t stop ticking for LPR’s children. Once they turn 21, they move to F2B category as unmarried child over 21. No CSPA applies in this case. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
9 minutes ago, milimelo said:

The clock doesn’t stop ticking for LPR’s children. Once they turn 21, they move to F2B category as unmarried child over 21. No CSPA applies in this case. 

WRONG!  YOU HAVE NO IDEA IF CSPA APPLIES TO THIS CASE SINCE YOU HAVE NO IDEA IF HER PD WILL BE CURRENT BY THE TIME SHE IS 22 1/2 YEARS OLD.

7 minutes ago, Nardz said:

Omg!!!  For real. Such a bad a news. All the money has been spent are just go to waste. 

WRONG.  THE MONEY HAS NOT GONE TO WASTE.  SEE ABOVE.

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Nardz said:

Hey guys, so my mom is a LPR . She filed my sister on March 14,2017. My sister was 19y and 11months.  Her birthday is April 7,1997. 

Priority date - March 14, 2017

Approval date- Sept. 25, 2018 (my sister is 21y and 5 months)

So by nov, 26 2018 her info is in nvc system  in the Philippines. I paid all the fees . And submitted the ds-260. In the middle of process . They froze me to upload paperwork on ceac website. I called the nvc . They said my sister category move to F2B. Now, my mom is very worried.  Is there anything u guys can help? The lady on the phone said try to email the nvc and ask for a dispute. But no guarantee.  My sister is about to be 22yrs old in April. Does she have chances for f2a? 

Thank you! Hope somebody will help explain based on their experience or knowledge. 

It took USCIS about 1 1/2 years to approve the I-130, so CSPA will protect your sister and preserve her place in the F2a category until she is about 22 1/2.  

The problem is that her PD is not yet current in the F2a category.  CSPA will be applied once her PD becomes current.  It can not be applied now since her PD is not current.  

If your sister's PD becomes current in the F2a category and her CSPA age is under 21, then contact the NVC to continue the case with retention in the F2a category.

If your sister's PD becomes current in the F2a category and her CSPA age is above 21, then she ages out and will have to wait until her PD is current in the F2b category.  

Best of luck that your sister's PD will be current in the F2a category by October 2019.

16 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

WRONG!  YOU HAVE NO IDEA IF CSPA APPLIES TO THIS CASE SINCE YOU HAVE NO IDEA IF HER PD WILL BE CURRENT BY THE TIME SHE IS 22 1/2 YEARS OLD.

WRONG.  THE MONEY HAS NOT GONE TO WASTE.  SEE ABOVE.

Okay, I'll send the nvc an email. I'll update u guys .thank you for helping me out here. I appreciate it!

12 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

It took USCIS about 1 1/2 years to approve the I-130, so CSPA will protect your sister and preserve her place in the F2a category until she is about 22 1/2.  

The problem is that her PD is not yet current in the F2a category.  CSPA will be applied once her PD becomes current.  It can not be applied now since her PD is not current.  

If your sister's PD becomes current in the F2a category and her CSPA age is under 21, then contact the NVC to continue the case with retention in the F2a category.

If your sister's PD becomes current in the F2a category and her CSPA age is above 21, then she ages out and will have to wait until her PD is current in the F2b category.  

Best of luck that your sister's PD will be current in the F2a category by October 2019.

Okay. Is there anyway u can send me the link so I'll check it often! Thank you so much for responding and helping . I really appreciate you. Cross fingers for my sister.  .. 

Timeline
Just now, Nardz said:

Okay. Is there anyway u can send me the link so I'll check it often! Thank you so much for responding and helping . I really appreciate you. Cross fingers for my sister.  .. 

Google "CSPA Calculator."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Struck me as a long time for the  1 130 to be approved for a F2a, just thought I would check the dates.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Struck me as a long time for the  1 130 to be approved for a F2a, just thought I would check the dates.

Nope.  Currently, it's taking about a year and half to approve an I-130 in the F2a category.  

11 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Google "CSPA Calculator."

So I just checked the Visa bulletin . They processing the dec 2016. My sister 's PD is March 2017. That means 3 months from now,  it will be available.  I assume. So that's gonna this coming May. So that's  gonna my visa bulletin date in the cspa calculator?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I did not know they were taking so long, good news for your Sister, sounds like she will be OK.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Nardz said:

So I just checked the Visa bulletin . They processing the dec 2016. My sister 's PD is March 2017. That means 3 months from now,  it will be available.  I assume. So that's gonna this coming May. So that's  gonna my visa bulletin date in the cspa calculator?

You would be guessing.   You have no idea how the PD will move in the coming months. 

The best you can do is figure out when your sister's CSPA age will be over 21.  Her PD has to be current by then.  That's all you can do.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.