Jump to content
Nardz

F2A moved to F2B!!!

25 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hey guys, so my mom is a LPR . She filed my sister on March 14,2017. My sister was 19y and 11months.  Her birthday is April 7,1997. 

Priority date - March 14, 2017

Approval date- Sept. 25, 2018 (my sister is 21y and 5 months)

 

So by nov, 26 2018 her info is in nvc system  in the Philippines. I paid all the fees . And submitted the ds-260. In the middle of process . They froze me to upload paperwork on ceac website. I called the nvc . They said my sister category move to F2B. Now, my mom is very worried.  Is there anything u guys can help? The lady on the phone said try to email the nvc and ask for a dispute. But no guarantee.  My sister is about to be 22yrs old in April. Does she have chances for f2a? 

 

Thank you! Hope somebody will help explain based on their experience or knowledge. 

Edited by Nardz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The clock doesn’t stop ticking for LPR’s children. Once they turn 21, they move to F2B category as unmarried child over 21. No CSPA applies in this case. 


Removal of Conditions Journey

3/3/2009 - Removal of conditions - sent off packet to CSC

3/5/2009 - I-751 received in CSC

3/9/2009 - Check cashed

3/20/2009 - Biometrics notice received (no NOA1)

4/2/2009 - Biometrics

4/9/2009 - NOA1 date (first undelivered one is 3/5)

4/3/2009 - Touch?

5/6/2009 - ROC Approval - 65 days

6/22/2009 - CRIS Card production ordered email

7/7/2009 - GC arrived!

Naturalization Journey

3/03/2010 N400 sent to Arizona Lockbox

3/15/2010 Check cashed

3/17/2010 NOA1

3/18/2010 - Biometrics notice sent

3/26/2010 Early biometrics done at an ASC different from the one assigned to (Original BIO date was 4/15)

4/30/2010 Yellow letter received and info from USCIS mil line they are working on my interview letter (6/17 appt)

5/1/2010 Text and email interview letter sen

5/6/2010 Interview letter received - scheduled for 6/17/2010 at 10:05am

6/17/2010 Interview appointment - PASSED

6/29/2010 US Citizen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, milimelo said:

The clock doesn’t stop ticking for LPR’s children. Once they turn 21, they move to F2B category as unmarried child over 21. No CSPA applies in this case. 

Omg!!!  For real. Such a bad a news. All the money has been spent are just go to waste. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, milimelo said:

The clock doesn’t stop ticking for LPR’s children. Once they turn 21, they move to F2B category as unmarried child over 21. No CSPA applies in this case. 

WRONG!  YOU HAVE NO IDEA IF CSPA APPLIES TO THIS CASE SINCE YOU HAVE NO IDEA IF HER PD WILL BE CURRENT BY THE TIME SHE IS 22 1/2 YEARS OLD.

7 minutes ago, Nardz said:

Omg!!!  For real. Such a bad a news. All the money has been spent are just go to waste. 

WRONG.  THE MONEY HAS NOT GONE TO WASTE.  SEE ABOVE.

Edited by aaron2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Nardz said:

Hey guys, so my mom is a LPR . She filed my sister on March 14,2017. My sister was 19y and 11months.  Her birthday is April 7,1997. 

Priority date - March 14, 2017

Approval date- Sept. 25, 2018 (my sister is 21y and 5 months)

 

So by nov, 26 2018 her info is in nvc system  in the Philippines. I paid all the fees . And submitted the ds-260. In the middle of process . They froze me to upload paperwork on ceac website. I called the nvc . They said my sister category move to F2B. Now, my mom is very worried.  Is there anything u guys can help? The lady on the phone said try to email the nvc and ask for a dispute. But no guarantee.  My sister is about to be 22yrs old in April. Does she have chances for f2a? 

 

Thank you! Hope somebody will help explain based on their experience or knowledge. 

It took USCIS about 1 1/2 years to approve the I-130, so CSPA will protect your sister and preserve her place in the F2a category until she is about 22 1/2.  

The problem is that her PD is not yet current in the F2a category.  CSPA will be applied once her PD becomes current.  It can not be applied now since her PD is not current.  

If your sister's PD becomes current in the F2a category and her CSPA age is under 21, then contact the NVC to continue the case with retention in the F2a category.

 

If your sister's PD becomes current in the F2a category and her CSPA age is above 21, then she ages out and will have to wait until her PD is current in the F2b category.  

Best of luck that your sister's PD will be current in the F2a category by October 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

WRONG!  YOU HAVE NO IDEA IF CSPA APPLIES TO THIS CASE SINCE YOU HAVE NO IDEA IF HER PD WILL BE CURRENT BY THE TIME SHE IS 22 1/2 YEARS OLD.

WRONG.  THE MONEY HAS NOT GONE TO WASTE.  SEE ABOVE.

Okay, I'll send the nvc an email. I'll update u guys .thank you for helping me out here. I appreciate it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

It took USCIS about 1 1/2 years to approve the I-130, so CSPA will protect your sister and preserve her place in the F2a category until she is about 22 1/2.  

The problem is that her PD is not yet current in the F2a category.  CSPA will be applied once her PD becomes current.  It can not be applied now since her PD is not current.  

If your sister's PD becomes current in the F2a category and her CSPA age is under 21, then contact the NVC to continue the case with retention in the F2a category.

 

If your sister's PD becomes current in the F2a category and her CSPA age is above 21, then she ages out and will have to wait until her PD is current in the F2b category.  

Best of luck that your sister's PD will be current in the F2a category by October 2019.

Okay. Is there anyway u can send me the link so I'll check it often! Thank you so much for responding and helping . I really appreciate you. Cross fingers for my sister.  .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Struck me as a long time for the  1 130 to be approved for a F2a, just thought I would check the dates.


“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Google "CSPA Calculator."

So I just checked the Visa bulletin . They processing the dec 2016. My sister 's PD is March 2017. That means 3 months from now,  it will be available.  I assume. So that's gonna this coming May. So that's  gonna my visa bulletin date in the cspa calculator?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not know they were taking so long, good news for your Sister, sounds like she will be OK.


“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Boiler said:

I did not know they were taking so long, good news for your Sister, sounds like she will be OK.

I hope so. I'm still nervous tho. I'll update u guys. I hope these will help people who are in the same position as my sister . Thank you very much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nardz said:

So I just checked the Visa bulletin . They processing the dec 2016. My sister 's PD is March 2017. That means 3 months from now,  it will be available.  I assume. So that's gonna this coming May. So that's  gonna my visa bulletin date in the cspa calculator?

You would be guessing.   You have no idea how the PD will move in the coming months. 

The best you can do is figure out when your sister's CSPA age will be over 21.  Her PD has to be current by then.  That's all you can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

You would be guessing.   You have no idea how the PD will move in the coming months. 

The best you can do is figure out when your sister's CSPA age will be over 21.  Her PD has to be current by then.  That's all you can do.

 

Screenshot_20190118-150214_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Nardz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×