Sparky223

Nigeria interview wait times

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Looking at your timeline, you just paid one of the fees

you still have the AOS fee to pay and to fill out the I 864

then you will download the supporting documents to CEAC

right now many wait for the IRS to reopen so they can get IRS tax transcripts to support the I 864

so much of this depends on how fast you complete the NVC process

it is not when NVC receives the packet but when NVC sends it to embassy for interview

in Morocco the interview is scheduled at NVC level for CR1

it appears that a cc packet when approved one quarter can expect interview the next quarter or close to 75 to 85 days later (but this is Morocco)

Nigeria is about the same but none of us can really state it "for fact"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
18 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

Looking at your timeline, you just paid one of the fees

you still have the AOS fee to pay and to fill out the I 864

then you will download the supporting documents to CEAC

right now many wait for the IRS to reopen so they can get IRS tax transcripts to support the I 864

so much of this depends on how fast you complete the NVC process

it is not when NVC receives the packet but when NVC sends it to embassy for interview

in Morocco the interview is scheduled at NVC level for CR1

it appears that a cc packet when approved one quarter can expect interview the next quarter or close to 75 to 85 days later (but this is Morocco)

Nigeria is about the same but none of us can really state it "for fact"

I understand I still have things to do but I'm just trying to gauge how long we will have to wait for an interview

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Sparky223 said:

I understand I still have things to do but I'm just trying to gauge how long we will have to wait for an interview

we see that

and from what VJ members are writing (and many don't)

about 75 to 85 days from time cc and sent to embassy

ones completed in october and november were set to January interviews

4th quarter cc/   1st quarter of the year for interview

so much of this is not dependent on whether or not people can get supporting IRS documents from IRS for supporting income levels

there are other ways to support income but most high fraud countries do not accept them as readily as do "for say" European countries 

and Nigeria is high fraud

Timeline
3 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

we see that

and from what VJ members are writing (and many don't)

about 75 to 85 days from time cc and sent to embassy

ones completed in october and november were set to January interviews

4th quarter cc/   1st quarter of the year for interview

so much of this is not dependent on whether or not people can get supporting IRS documents from IRS for supporting income levels

there are other ways to support income but most high fraud countries do not accept them as readily as do "for say" European countries 

and Nigeria is high fraud

I'm really not that worried about the income part. I more that double the poverty level and have plenty of proof to support that. Like everyone else I'm just anxious to be together with my wife.

• 3 months later...
Timeline
On 1/18/2019 at 9:56 AM, Sparky223 said:

Any idea how long it is taking to get an interview after NVC Case completion?

4 to 8 weeks seems to be the average. One person posted they were NVC approved March 15, 2019 and are still waiting for an interview date. 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, CJO032418 said:

4 to 8 weeks seems to be the average. One person posted they were NVC approved March 15, 2019 and are still waiting for an interview date. 

LOL. you quoted an old post. My wife was approved and is here with me now

Timeline
3 hours ago, Sparky223 said:

LOL. you quoted an old post. My wife was approved and is here with me now

Oh. I just came across your posts today. I’m very happy for you! I’m sure you both are doing very well and are at peace now that you are together. 

My husbands docs were approved by the NVC last week. 

How long did it take your wife to get an interview at Lagos? And do you have any other insights about your immigration experience?

We have been waiting from the USCIS stage since May 28, 2018. And haven’t seen each other since March 2018. 😞. Can’t wait for him to be here. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.