AmandaandChayne

Is “additional administrative processing” normal

23 posts in this topic

Hi sent a question to the embassy today and got the mostly standard response below just concerned about the words “additional administrative processing”  is this normal or is the additional something to be concerned about? 

Thank you for your email.

Embassy records show that your application remains subject to additional administrative processing at this time. Such processing is mandatory and cannot be waived or expedited.

Please note, there is no mechanism for routine status updates while additional administrative processing is underway. As soon as the processing of your application is complete and the outcome of your case is known, you will be contacted using the email address provided when your visa interview appointment was scheduled. Please, therefore, make sure your email address is up-to date on your Visa Appointment Service account at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv.

As processing varies in each and every case, timescales are given for guidance only and we cannot guarantee an outcome on or before any given date. This is one reason why we advise all applicants against booking tickets, resigning from employment, relinquishing property or making final travel plans unless they have received their passport containing a valid U.S. visa appropriate for their purpose of travel.

Sincerely,

Consular Information Unit
U.S. Embassy, London
CONS/CIU/JM”

Late 2016: Met playing Clash of Kings the West

Feb 2017: Started online "dating"

May 2017: Met in Orlando

July 2017: Arkansas and Seminole (1 night) visit

October 2017: Washington DC visit.

December 2017: Seminole OKC home visit and Amanda  met Chayne's kids and dad.

January 2018:  York England visit Chayne met Amanda's son.

April 2018: London/Paris/York visit we got engaged on April 6th!!

April 19th 2018: packet sent

April 23rd 2018: USPS say packet signed for.

April 25th 2018: Electronic NOA1 received 

April 26th 2018: Cheque Cashed

April 30th 2018: hard copy NOA1 received

June 2018: Seminole visit, Amanda met Chayne's  adult son

event.png

2 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

Lots and lots of people have gone through AP. There is no way to tell how long it will take. It could be days, months, weeks, even a year plus, it would be tomorrow. Nobody knows. It's the old cliche "It will be done when it's done".

This I know I just wondered if it’s anything beyond normal ap with the words additional being added.

i know everyone goes through ap just wondered if it was a standard response 

Edited by AmandaandChayne

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 minutes ago, AmandaandChayne said:

This I know I just wondered if it’s anything beyond normal ap with the words additional being added.

i know everyone goes through ap just wondered if it was a standard response 

it could be pending any number of things such as but not limited to background checks

AP can take days, weeks, months, or in some have seen years.

it sucks trust me I know my husband was in AP for 48 days before he got the call to turn the passport back to the embassy for completion, nothing additional was requested he simply got handed a 221G with AP checked on the page, the unknown is what makes it worse IMO.

Just now, Khallaf said:

it could be pending any number of things such as but not limited to background checks

AP can take days, weeks, months, or in some have seen years.

it sucks trust me I know my husband was in AP for 48 days before he got the call to turn the passport back to the embassy for completion, nothing additional was requested he simply got handed a 221G with AP checked on the page, the unknown is what makes it worse IMO.

Again I know ap is normal and everyone goes through it just wondered if the words “additional administrative processing” is normal or something additional 

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
8 minutes ago, AmandaandChayne said:

Again I know ap is normal and everyone goes through it just wondered if the words “additional administrative processing” is normal or something additional 

Hey! Wouldn't worry too much about this. It's normal and a part of the process. Everyone goes through this. London are relatively quick at issuing visas normally. Try not to overthink it and just enjoy the rest of your remaining time in the UK as it'll be good few months before you can go back :) 

Edited by jakejon

4 minutes ago, jakejon said:

Hey! Wouldn't worry too much about this. It's normal and a part of the process. Everyone goes through this. London are relatively quick at issuing visas normally. Try not to overthink it and just enjoy the rest of your remaining time in the UK as it'll be good few months before you can go back :) 

Thanks lovely!! They took my passport and no 221g so just the word additional that made me worry 

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 minutes ago, AmandaandChayne said:

Thanks lovely!! They took my passport and no 221g so just the word additional that made me worry 

Your golden!  I'd say your status more than likely will change to issued next week! Don't worry! Your life is going to change very soon!! :) :) x

5 minutes ago, jakejon said:

Your golden!  I'd say your status more than likely will change to issued next week! Don't worry! Your life is going to change very soon!! :) :) x

Aww you boys are lovely!! Thanks I hope so 🥰

event.png

10 minutes ago, AmandaandChayne said:

They took my passport and no 221g so just the word additional that made me worry 

It's generic wording. It could be something out of the ordinary like extensive background checks or verification of documents, but most likely it's just normal processing.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
29 minutes ago, AmandaandChayne said:

it said that on the email I got from the embassy when I inquired on my husbands so nothing to be alarmed about

You could be fine and going through regular AP, has your case on CEAC been updated at all lately? does it say immigrant or nonimmigrant at the top of the box when you check it? You could be like us and just get put into AP for 60 exact days for no apparent reason (and will never know why) only to have the visa issued on the 60th day. All I can say is, accept the process for what it is, don't stress about ifs and maybes it won't help anything as you cannot control this part of the process. It will all work out in the end. :)

Just now, moreadore said:

You could be fine and going through regular AP, has your case on CEAC been updated at all lately? does it say immigrant or nonimmigrant at the top of the box when you check it? You could be like us and just get put into AP for 60 exact days for no apparent reason (and will never know why) only to have the visa issued on the 60th day. All I can say is, accept the process for what it is, don't stress about ifs and maybes it won't help anything as you cannot control this part of the process. It will all work out in the end. :)

Immigrant and it’s had case updated date changes every day except yesterday 

event.png

Just now, AmandaandChayne said:

Immigrant and it’s had case updated date changes every day except yesterday 

Then it sounds like you're in normal processing not like what we went through at all but of course nobody can say for sure. Monday is a holiday so don't expect any updates or movement for a few days now though.

1 hour ago, AmandaandChayne said:

They took my passport 

Nothing to worry about. The fact they have your passport is good. 

The card I got at interview said 'Please allow 7-10 working days for your application to be processed'

10 days would be the 25th from your interview. You should stop worrying!

Edited by thatguyuknow

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.