EllisAndRenz

Fees everywhere ... now BPI

91 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jay Jones said:

Again, "with all due respect".  My fiancé (girlfriend at the time) was approved for 2 tourist visas.  She NEVER was told she had to open a bank account.  Where did you get that information from?  My fiancé (girlfriend at the time) never had a job, no bank acct, she does not own land or a business.  We did all the paperwork and prayed.  We traveled as a family to the US twice along with our daughter.  I will admit we were lucky because I've heard other stories about Filipinos who do own land and a business who are denied.  When you do arrive you should go to that BPI branch and speak with the manager and  ask the manager why are the tellers telling people this erroneous information.  

Again, I have been living here for going on 4 years so I personally know about the policemen doing those traffic stops and accusing you of some driving infraction.  I've had numerous confrontations over the years.

On a lighter side I do pray your fiancé is a needle in the haystack and everything works out for you.

Yeah, I'm not over the police thing.  Even after reporting it to the national police and losing 2 days of my life in investigations, I realized nothing was going to change.  ( "Oh, that guy you identified was off that day."  (Whatever) )

Moving on .... 

Yeah, it's rough.  I absolutely *DO* plan to deal with the bank and the US about this issue.  I don't think it will get any further than my issue with the criminal cop.  But ... I'll be an annoyance.  My fiancée is a bit on the trusting side, and that causes some issues.  

"Needle in the haystack"  wow.  I worked in Manila for a few years.  Granted, I didn't "play the field" (or whoever the kids call it today) but did things get that bad?  Based on comments here, you'd think every woman in Manila was a scammer.     I met mine on a job at a major company.  Maybe that means nothing?  No idea. Y'all are making me lose faith in people.  (gasp)

Lots of profiteering when it comes to them dealing with wife's of foreigners when they find out.. I have been living here in USA and the Philippines half and half 3-4 months at a time back and forth while waiting for her spouse visa. We were going to do fiance but when we looked at the extra costs we decided to get married there and do it all at once

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Heri4me2 said:

Lots of profiteering when it comes to them dealing with wife's of foreigners when they find out.. I have been living here in USA and the Philippines half and half 3-4 months at a time back and forth while waiting for her spouse visa. We were going to do fiance but when we looked at the extra costs we decided to get married there and do it all at once

Now in hindsight, I wish I would have done the spousal visa.  I use to hear so many horror stories about it so that's why I went the K-1 route.  Also, I wish I would have known about the Direct Consular Filing (DCF) and we would have been in the US already.  You file directly with the US Embassy in Manila.

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

1 minute ago, Jay Jones said:

Now in hindsight, I wish I would have done the spousal visa.  I use to hear so many horror stories about it so that's why I went the K-1 route.  Also, I wish I would have known about the Direct Consular Filing (DCF) and we would have been in the US already.  You file directly with the US Embassy in Manila.

No I have filed from here in the states

The k1 was the easy and fast way until last year no either is taking about the same time.  Only now it's just a little cheaper for the spouses 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 hours ago, EllisAndRenz said:

We didn't ask.  They just sent it.

The Embassy  sends an email/ letter "welcome letter" with a couple links to their website.   No packet of documents.    (if they find an email on the I-129F they use that)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

14 hours ago, Hank_ said:

The Embassy  sends an email/ letter "welcome letter" with a couple links to their website.   No packet of documents.    (if they find an email on the I-129F they use that)

Pretty normal of p3 right now. 

21 hours ago, Heri4me2 said:

The k1 was the easy and fast way until last year no either is taking about the same time.  Only now it's just a little cheaper for the spouses 

K1 almost always has involved more money and time to green card than the CR1.   

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, juggy_11 said:

In Simala shrine it was 20 PHP when I went last year. But it had AC and was well-maintained.

Simala is a cool place 

YMMV

On 1/19/2019 at 4:42 AM, Hank_ said:

Hmm..they sent my fiance' a letter (packet 3) via post that arrived about 3 weeks after the email.  

jj

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, 2018JNJ said:

Hmm..they sent my fiance' a letter (packet 3) via post that arrived about 3 weeks after the email.  

jj

Had you acted on the email instructions by setting up your account before it arrived?

YMMV

On 1/18/2019 at 9:27 PM, Heri4me2 said:

$1500 cheaper and less paperwork! LOL

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
33 minutes ago, 2018JNJ said:

jj

That is rather efficient for PhilPost ...     many never see the letter.

Had you sat around waiting for the letter you would be almost a month behind.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Just now, payxibka said:

Not for you! :)

OUCH!!!  LOL  😁  You know what they say, more dollars than sense.  The 3 CR visas do add up!  I'm so glad we did that K-1 practice run.  Now I know what to expect.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.