EllisAndRenz

Fees everywhere ... now BPI

91 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, payxibka said:

Ok.  Cuz we never got one

It seems to be hit or miss in all honesty these days on wither people get them. They certainly are not needed at all as you know. 

6 minutes ago, juggy_11 said:

Because in the Philippines there are fees everywhere. 

There's even a fee to use the public restroom (CR) on some places. 

I know this and some public restroom now has a new policy "wear their provided shoe" so the floor wont get so dirty. My thought was what if the last person has a gross feet 😅 i always wore my shoe anyway😂

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Cyberfx1024 said:

It seems to be hit or miss in all honesty these days on wither people get them. They certainly are not needed at all as you know. 

The infamous P3 with link to the website came via email but not by post.   Haven't heard anyone getting anything via post

YMMV

1 hour ago, EllisAndRenz said:

That theory actually makes sense.

My fiance *ALWAYS* uses 50 to 1 for exchange rate.  Even when it's different.  (Even when it's NOT in her favor.)  It's annoying.

That's a hell of a lot better than we were doing this and it was 40 to 1. 

CFO and Airport Tax are hopefully all that is left.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

CFO and Airport Tax are hopefully all that is left.

He also will have that 17k peso fee at St. Lukes for the medical

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

Timeline
2 hours ago, juggy_11 said:

Because in the Philippines there are fees everywhere. 

There's even a fee to use the public restroom (CR) on some places. 

The shrine in Cebu:

p1 3 pesos

p2 5 pesos

only farting is free.

Edited by TandSarahJane

~~Moved to Philippines regional forum from K1 process and procedures.  Topic is regionally specific~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, icanbenobody said:

We dont have to criticize the OP..we are here to help and im sure they are aware of the future circumstances. He already mentioned it.

OP is just confuse about the payments,opening a bank account which bank seems threatened them that they will get denied if they dont open one lol

I still want to know about the p3 that OP mention though.. i never heard about the p3 in k1 maybe it's new? I dunno

OK, here is the deal.  P3 is the note from the embassy that tells you what's next.  I never got an email.  Turns out she did.  

her mail goes to a home that's not where she lives.  I've verified the one package is the one that I sent her with my financials and all that happy hoopla.  (and now I'll be flying there anyway for the interview, so I wasted $195 on Fedex)  

The other package, she *assumed* was something from the embassy.  It could be the JC Penney idea book for all I know.  (Do they exist in the Philipines?)  So ignore my P3 comments.  

The small fees I don't care about.  I'm *SURE* she isn't scamming me over 500 pesos here and there.  (Are we REALLY that jaded guys?)  

I agree with this poster that the bank was trying to force her to open an account.  (You DO need one for a tourist visa)  So either the bank had a misunderstanding, or they were strong arming her.  Not happy.  Combine that with the bank taking an extra 500 pesos sounds like someone lining their pocket at the branch.  But it's $10 ... whatever.    (I was actually robbed of 4000 pesos by a policeman at a traffic stop in Manila, so I know crazy things happen there.)  

Anyway thanks for the help.  I confirmed with the Visa agency (and all of you here, THANK YOU) that we don't need a bank account.  

Thank you all for your concern.  (If she was going to take advantage of me, it would be for much more than 500 pesos ...  we've been together for 2.5 years ... I know her very well ... )  

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, EllisAndRenz said:

I ship a package (at expense) and there is a fee at the door for delivery.  (1000 peso).  The embassy ships her P3 packet, and they charge fee for delivery (500 peso). 

She pays Visa fee at the bank, and the bank charge her 500 pesos. 

Why so many fees?

Also the bank teller told her she needs to open a bank account or they will deny the visa.  (She doesn't have a bank account)

Do I need to have her open a bank account?   Why was none of this ever explained before?  (I am very concerned about this bank account requirement)

Sounds like the teller at BPI was trying to scam your fiancee ...  zero need to open a bank account.

I would also suggest you email the embassy regarding BPI/teller  charging a P500 fee .. that is a big NO.  And probably wouldn't hurt to add the "open a bank acct" comment too.  Make sure to mention which BPI branch did this.

How did you ship the package?  FedEx, UPS and such will not charge an additional fee.  

Embassy doesn't ship a packet 3, everything is online .   so .. no fee!

Something is fishy with all these fees ...

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 hours ago, EllisAndRenz said:

OK, here is the deal.  P3 is the note from the embassy that tells you what's next.  I never got an email.  Turns out she did.  

her mail goes to a home that's not where she lives.  I've verified the one package is the one that I sent her with my financials and all that happy hoopla.  (and now I'll be flying there anyway for the interview, so I wasted $195 on Fedex)  

The other package, she *assumed* was something from the embassy.  It could be the JC Penney idea book for all I know.  (Do they exist in the Philipines?)  So ignore my P3 comments.  

The small fees I don't care about.  I'm *SURE* she isn't scamming me over 500 pesos here and there.  (Are we REALLY that jaded guys?)  

I agree with this poster that the bank was trying to force her to open an account.  (You DO need one for a tourist visa)  So either the bank had a misunderstanding, or they were strong arming her.  Not happy.  Combine that with the bank taking an extra 500 pesos sounds like someone lining their pocket at the branch.  But it's $10 ... whatever.    (I was actually robbed of 4000 pesos by a policeman at a traffic stop in Manila, so I know crazy things happen there.)  

Anyway thanks for the help.  I confirmed with the Visa agency (and all of you here, THANK YOU) that we don't need a bank account.  

Thank you all for your concern.  (If she was going to take advantage of me, it would be for much more than 500 pesos ...  we've been together for 2.5 years ... I know her very well ... )  

Again, "with all due respect".  My fiancé (girlfriend at the time) was approved for 2 tourist visas.  She NEVER was told she had to open a bank account.  Where did you get that information from?  My fiancé (girlfriend at the time) never had a job, no bank acct, she does not own land or a business.  We did all the paperwork and prayed.  We traveled as a family to the US twice along with our daughter.  I will admit we were lucky because I've heard other stories about Filipinos who do own land and a business who are denied.  When you do arrive you should go to that BPI branch and speak with the manager and  ask the manager why are the tellers telling people this erroneous information.  

Again, I have been living here for going on 4 years so I personally know about the policemen doing those traffic stops and accusing you of some driving infraction.  I've had numerous confrontations over the years.

On a lighter side I do pray your fiancé is a needle in the haystack and everything works out for you.

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

P3 is packet 3.  It's the email or mail from the embassy or consulate telling your what you need to do before you can schedule your interview etc...  P4 or Packet 4 is the email or letter from the embassy or consulate confirming your appointment.  Every embassy or consulate is a little different in how they proceed with the K1 but the steps will be similar. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

4 hours ago, EllisAndRenz said:

That make sense..i did receive some mails from embassy too..those are a hard copy of their email instructions on how to proceed to the next step but i received those after my interview and already had my passport with visa.. 

Things seems clear now. Good luck on your upcoming interview God bless

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, icanbenobody said:

That make sense..i did receive some mails from embassy too..those are a hard copy of their email instructions on how to proceed to the next step but i received those after my interview and already had my passport with visa.. 

Things seems clear now. Good luck on your upcoming interview God bless

Thank you.  Can't wait for us to be together.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.