Michael1993

Why can't I pay the fees on the NVC website?

22 posts in this topic

Hello,

I just received my case number today. I am trying to pay the two fees on the NVC website. It says to click the "select" boxes to pay the AOS and IV application fee, but there are no select boxes. I have tried four internet browsers: chrome, IE, Firefox, and opera. I have tried clicking every part of the screen.

Thanks.

Capture.PNG

Thank you for your response H&T. Unfortunately, I'm having some trouble understanding what you mean. The website clearly says that step 1 is to pay the fees and step 2 is to submit the DS-260. It will not let me submit the DS-260 without first paying the fees.

• Step 1: Pay fees.
  • Step 2: Complete an Immigrant Visa (IV) Application (form DS-260).
  • Step 3:

Submit required financial and civil documents.

As you can see, the IV application (DS-260) buttons are grayed out.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Sory

15 minutes ago, Michael1993 said:

Thank you for your response H&T. Unfortunately, I'm having some trouble understanding what you mean. The website clearly says that step 1 is to pay the fees and step 2 is to submit the DS-260. It will not let me submit the DS-260 without first paying the fees.

• Step 1: Pay fees.
  • Step 2: Complete an Immigrant Visa (IV) Application (form DS-260).
  • Step 3:

Submit required financial and civil documents.

As you can see, the IV application (DS-260) buttons are grayed out.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

My mistake. You have to fill out choice of agent first(DS-261). After they review DS-261, another fees will be unlook and you can pay.

@Michael1993 @H&T

I've been looking on the webs for  a solution to this aswell. 

We also received our email last week (Thursday), it took a day or so before we could log in.

I have the exact situation, it seems there is no possibilty to fill in a form DS-261. 

If I look for how to fill in DS-261 i get directed to my login.

We filed directly, with no lawyer. NOA2 at 11-7-2018 (november 7th, over 2 months ago). 

Found this in a different post:

@Michael1993: Where are you from?

Correct - for cases being processed electronically through NVC's new PIVOT system for electronic processing, no DS-261 is required.  Montreal is using this PIVOT system and you just upload all the documents to the website per their instructions.  Hopefully you submitted that email alerts form with your I-130 initially. This online system is super slick and fast (see my timeline for the dates)  

3 hours ago, Dinheru said:

@Michael1993 @H&T

I've been looking on the webs for  a solution to this aswell. 

We also received our email last week (Thursday), it took a day or so before we could log in.

I have the exact situation, it seems there is no possibilty to fill in a form DS-261. 

If I look for how to fill in DS-261 i get directed to my login.

We filed directly, with no lawyer. NOA2 at 11-7-2018 (november 7th, over 2 months ago). 

Hello Dinheru, 

I called the number about this issue on Friday. Here is what I was told:

- No DS-261 is required

- There is a delay of several days between the case number being issued and the fees actually appearing on the website. 

I will try it again today and let you know what happens. 

I also filed directly without a lawyer in May 2018. I got the email saying my application was approved at the beginning of November. The notice that my case was sent to the NVC on Nov 19th, and my NVC case number about 8 weeks later. 

18 hours ago, Michael1993 said:

Hello Dinheru, 

I called the number about this issue on Friday. Here is what I was told:

- No DS-261 is required

- There is a delay of several days between the case number being issued and the fees actually appearing on the website. 

I will try it again today and let you know what happens. 

I also filed directly without a lawyer in May 2018. I got the email saying my application was approved at the beginning of November. The notice that my case was sent to the NVC on Nov 19th, and my NVC case number about 8 weeks later. 

Keep me posted about updates. I'll keep on checking and post it here if anything changes

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Interesting because I logged on the next day after receiving my case number and was able to pay both fees. I will say though it did not let me pay both fees at the same day. I paid the AOS fee and wasn't able to pay the IV fees until later in the day.

4 hours ago, Sparky223 said:

Interesting because I logged on the next day after receiving my case number and was able to pay both fees. I will say though it did not let me pay both fees at the same day. I paid the AOS fee and wasn't able to pay the IV fees until later in the day.

When was this? @Sparky223?

Any update @Michael1993?

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 1:37 PM, Dinheru said:

When was this? @Sparky223?

Any update @Michael1993?

Still no luck. I don't have the option to do anything other than update my email address or go to the fees page.

Looks like I'll have to call them again. I just hate waiting on hold for 1 hour...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.