bucksy

Vaccinations for IR1

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

One part of my VISA application that I am confused by is which vaccinations I require. The "chart" that I found on the uk embassy website is in Medical-ise. 

Will any vaccines I am missing be administered as part of the medical. I don't mind if there's a fee, just wondering if I need to get any I am missing prior to the medical.

Edited by bucksy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, bucksy said:

Hi all,

One part of my VISA application that I am confused by is which vaccinations I require. The "chart" that I found on the uk embassy website is in Medical-ise. 

Will any vaccines I am missing be administered as part of the medical. I don't mind if there's a fee, just wondering if I need to get any I am missing prior to the medical.

They will administer any you need at the medical for an extra fee. See the price list here http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/us-price.htm

Here are the shots needed for 19 through 59 years of age. You may already have had some of them. Get your records and check.

• Td or Tdap - Tetanus/diptheria/pertussis or get DT, DTP or DtaP and it will be accepted The latest shot must be no longer than 10 years ago or you need a booster. If you have a record of receiving pertussis, then the Td is okay for the booster. NOTE: P in Tdap does not stand for polio however many in the U.K. got tetanus/diptheria/pertussis + polio (a 4 in 1 shot) which meets the requirement because the other three were covered.
  • MMR - (if born in 1957 or later)-Mumps/measles/rubella. It's two doses in your life, but if you get the first dose, and 4 weeks haven't passed by your medical, they will waive the second dose for "insufficient time interval". If you only had one dose as a child, get a second one before the medical.
  • Varicella - Not routinely given in the UK . A history of having chickenpox excuses you from the shot. They take your word for it at the visa medical exam. Also IR1/CR1 aplicants get a waiver (no shot required) for "not routinely available".  That does not work for K1s who can get the shot in the US.
  • Influenza – Required of anyone older that 6 month during flu season only, October 1 through March 31. Your GP may not give it to you because NHS gives it only to children and the elderly. Go to Boots, a travel clinic, or any store like Tesco's that has a clinic on site. Or pay at the medical exam.
Edited by Wuozopo

Excellent thanks. I've got my vaccination report already. Looks like I'll need a TD booster, and flu. I'll get it done on site at Knightsbridge, they probably need the money.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.