Dashinka

Hoyer says border walls 'obviously' work, rejects Pelosi's suggestion that barrier is 'immorality'

51 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

Oh do grow up.  Taking my wisecrack about an infamous drug kingpin seriously... just don't.  Your grandma will be just fine with our without my corny jokes.

Also, you cannot say that more illegals are overstays than walk across the border, since you have no idea what the number of each actually is, especially the walkers.  No.  Idea.

One of  my Family surnames is Sherouse., which is obviously German/Austrian heritage.  That's just a fact. Not a stereotype or racist  or as my crazy father use to call them when mad at my mothers side " Those dam Nazis from South Ga "

When we get a lead and the last name is Patel we assume they are of Indian heritage.  Not racist just factual. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

lol. I don't know where this "we all know walls don't work" BS started from or came from honestly. I guess maybe they decided if they say it enough times it will make it true and now everyone just automatically repeats it like a parrot without even checking? Walls do work and Israel has already proven that.

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
2 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

Oh do grow up.  Taking my wisecrack about an infamous drug kingpin seriously... just don't.  Your grandma will be just fine with our without my corny jokes.

Also, you cannot say that more illegals are overstays than walk across the border, since you have no idea what the number of each actually is, especially the walkers.  No.  Idea.

I need to grow up because I am offended by your inappropriate jokes? Well here is some feedback: it wasn't funny and offensive at the same time.

For 7th Consecutive Year, Visa Overstays Exceeded Illegal Border Crossings

January 16, 20197:02 PM ET
ap_17124733103586-70b1557486cbee9d2596b3

Pedestrians crossing from Mexico into the United States at the Otay Mesa Port of Entry wait to use biometric kiosks in San Diego. A new study says visa overstays exceeded illegal border crossings.

Denis Poroy/AP

As the Trump administration demands funding for a border wall to stop illegal immigration, a new study finds that for the seventh consecutive year, visa overstays far exceeded unauthorized border crossings.

The report released Wednesday by the Center for Migration Studies of New York finds that from 2016-2017, people who overstayed their visas accounted for 62 percent of the newly undocumented, while 38 percent had crossed a border illegally.

"It is clear from our research that persons who overstay their visas add to the US undocumented population at a higher rate than border crossers. This is not a blip, but a trend which has become the norm," said Donald Kerwin, CMS' executive director, in a statement."As these numbers indicate, construction of hundreds of more miles of border wall would not address the challenge of irregular migration into our country, far from it."

Edited by refugee

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Timeline
1 hour ago, OriZ said:

lol. I don't know where this "we all know walls don't work" BS started from or came from honestly. I guess maybe they decided if they say it enough times it will make it true and now everyone just automatically repeats it like a parrot without even checking? Walls do work and Israel has already proven that.

And Israel has never been breached by tunnels.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

1 hour ago, refugee said:

I need to grow up because I am offended by your inappropriate jokes? Well here is some feedback: it wasn't funny and offensive at the same time.

January 16, 20197:02 PM ET
ap_17124733103586-70b1557486cbee9d2596b3

Pedestrians crossing from Mexico into the United States at the Otay Mesa Port of Entry wait to use biometric kiosks in San Diego. A new study says visa overstays exceeded illegal border crossings.

Denis Poroy/AP

As the Trump administration demands funding for a border wall to stop illegal immigration, a new study finds that for the seventh consecutive year, visa overstays far exceeded unauthorized border crossings.

The report released Wednesday by the Center for Migration Studies of New York finds that from 2016-2017, people who overstayed their visas accounted for 62 percent of the newly undocumented, while 38 percent had crossed a border illegally.

"It is clear from our research that persons who overstay their visas add to the US undocumented population at a higher rate than border crossers. This is not a blip, but a trend which has become the norm," said Donald Kerwin, CMS' executive director, in a statement."As these numbers indicate, construction of hundreds of more miles of border wall would not address the challenge of irregular migration into our country, far from it."

ok lets start actively deporting them also. Typical MDL false equivalency 2 wrongs make a right absurdity 

another fake MDL equivalency. They had to dig tunnels because of a wall. Proof walls work 

Filed: Timeline

, people who overstayed their visas accounted for 62 percent of the newly undocumented, while 38 percent had crossed a border illegally.

."

As to the first part, thin skin won't last long in CEHST.  My joke was not directed at you nor at grandma, so stop trying to make it about you.

As to the second part...

There is no way to know how many people walk across the border illegally!!

Edited by ALFKAD

Timeline
22 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

As to the first part, thin skin won't last long in CEHST.  My joke was not directed at you nor at grandma, so stop trying to make it about you.

As to the second part...

There is no way to know how many people walk across the border illegally!!

Are you gonna NB me on the font? Extra !!!! Prove your point.

There are fairly reliable estimates

3 minutes ago, refugee said:

I just cut and paste. VJ should have an automatic font adjuster. Its the mods fault.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, refugee said:

And if /when Trump tries to crack down on visa overstays, will the left oppose it?  

Of course they will....

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Filed: Timeline
36 minutes ago, refugee said:

Actually, I was trying to size up to your font in post # 9535738.  

If, by fairly reliable, you mean an error spread of 2-3 million, then I agree with you.  But as an engineer, prefer tighter tolerances.  Or at least throw in the disclaimer that “there is no way of knowing for sure, but xxxx is a commonly-believed number”.

Truth of the matter is, more illegals have probably crossed the border in the pat 24 hours than either of us know.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Its the mods fault.

Leniency (or not) to posts with legible fonts

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

3 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

Actually, I was trying to size up to your font in post # 9535738.  

If, by fairly reliable, you mean an error spread of 2-3 million, then I agree with you.  But as an engineer, prefer tighter tolerances.  Or at least throw in the disclaimer that “there is no way of knowing for sure, but xxxx is a commonly-believed number”.

Truth of the matter is, more illegals have probably crossed the border in the pat 24 hours than either of us know.

Engineers are the worst customers ever. People run from them. Over analyze everything. Torture themselves with decisions. I was talking to a customer one day, and asked him, what kind of engineer are you ? I swear you can tell them everytime after 5 minutes of talking to them. Of course you need people like that building bridges, airplanes etc 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
7 hours ago, refugee said:

Not sure what exactly you're trying to say. Israel is proof that you can also detect and destroy tunnels.

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

Timeline
1 minute ago, OriZ said:

Not sure what exactly you're trying to say. Israel is proof that you can also detect and destroy tunnels.

but tunnels were built and smuggling did occur for some time

Also the Israel border is not 2000 miles long