abum

Cohen Hired IT Firm to Rig Early CNBC, Drudge Polls to Favor Trump

71 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Did you notice the press blamed the last one on Congress and this one on the president . Wonder why

And the minute Chuck saw he was getting the blame he caved big time.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I am reading a book about Deep Work and I feel this is definitely shallow work  posting here:

There is very little return in participation. 

The mods are overwhelming bought into the Ann Counter/Rush Limbaugh narrative and play that out in censorship of progressive views.

Name calling and labels are the norm.

Moderate and Progressive views need not apply.

We dont have Discussion that leads to common understanding, because that is not the goal.

It is very much a symptom of our public dialog and larger breakdown of social norms that ask us to be civil.

55 minutes ago, abum said:

i do not follow your premise but that is just me.

Good you quoted Politifact! Might worth to then do a comparison between the 2.

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

image.thumb.png.66cef2f40e84e9144d0496f43761008a.png

One even got awards TWICE for Lie of the year.

and one, majority of the statements were found to be  false , somehow that is acceptable as a leader eh? Okaaay.

Anyway, i spent too much of my time here, kinda tired replying with the same points but never gotten through, so wont spent much time replying again.

And the last comment - that is a clear case of a "manipulated american's gullible a____  " :D 

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, refugee said:

I am reading a book about Deep Work and I feel this is definitely shallow work  posting here:

The mods are overwhelming bought into the Ann Counter/Rush Limbaugh narrative and play that out in censorship of progressive views.

We dont have Discussion that leads to common understanding, because that is not the goal.

It is very much a symptom of our public dialog and larger breakdown of social norms that ask us to be civil.

So blame the refs?  I bet the Saints will be doing that for the next year or so.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, refugee said:

You top posted

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

You top posted

I learned everything about posting here from watching you my friend.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

45 minutes ago, refugee said:

I learned everything about posting here from watching you my friend.

if you did you would be a posting Ninja.

As for shallow posting,,, well you know I admit I get directly to the point and I am a kind of one liner man. Some might consider that shallow or lazy posting. I would not argue

Oddly enough it use to drive a certain statistic obsessed long winded poster nuts, as did posting any source that was not current. You guys have that in common.  Not accusing you of being him, because most of your posts are brief enough I read them  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

It’s not that you don’t get thru, it’s that you will rarely change someone’s opinion on most topics.  I haven’t changed yours, so we’re even, right?  Even though my opinion is more righter than yours.  😜

The point is not to change the minds of those you disagree with, but to present your arguments coherently and let others come to their own conclusions.   Which you do fairly well, overall.  Your TDS gets in the way from time to time, but that’s understandable.  No one here really likes everything Trump is doing.  Especially his tweeting.  I think everyone in CEHST has indicated they hate that part of his presidency. 

As to his lies... no one likes those, either.  I value honestly in my friends, and based on his level of honesty, Trump would never be in my circle of friends.  However, I realize that many of his false claims are just the windbag in him.  I’ve seen it in others who have an inflated sense of self-worth.  And as I said before, ALL politicians do it; sometimes, I think they mean it when they say it (like Obama’s “you can keep your doctor” fib), but circumstances out of their control prevent them from making good on it.  Now, when Obama said his admin had no scandals under his watch.... now that one is a downright whopper.  And I am sure Trump tells many of those as well.

As for going away, take a break.  But you’ll be back.  It does get tiring sometimes, but it’s also fun, and a good way to see what others who may not agree with your POV are thinking.  Again, not to change what you believe, but to give you a different perspective on things.  Your perspective is just as important as anyone else’s, and interesting to read.

Not me. I love it. He can send out corrections to fake news stories as fast as he sees them. Plus we get real time info on how he is thinking about any given subject. Plus the lying media has a much harder time taking what he tweets out of context. As far as calling a hooker horserace and others losers and pathetic....well those are just pure gold.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

if you did you would be a posting Ninja.

As for shallow posting,,, well you know I admit I get directly to the point and I am a kind of one liner man. Some might consider that shallow or lazy posting. I would not argue

Oddly enough it use to drive a certain statistic obsessed long winded poster nuts, as did posting any source that was not current. You guys have that in common.  Not accusing you of being him, because most of your posts are brief enough I read them  

Well you know, in the spirit of embracing diversity, including those of various learning styles, we really should post more in concise terms. I don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable with reams of useless data when we should boil it down to a catch phrase like tipacayo and Tyler too, or MAGA or audacity of Hope.

Filed: Timeline
8 hours ago, refugee said:

Meh, you cant blame the mods.  Years ago, the mood was much farther to the left.  Bans happend weekly, if not daily.  Things are much more relaxed here in CEHST.  And never have I seen a model censoring anyone's opinions, as long as it is posted properly. Even if they don't agree with a position, they certainly don't seek to suppress it at all.  I dare you to show us where a mod "censored a progressive view".  Doodle dawg dare ya!

Truth of the matter is, nothing we say here means much at all.  Just a bunch of opinions being tossed about.  Don't agree with Obama? Didn't matter, cuz he was president and we couldn't change what he did.  Don't like Trump?  Same thing applies... he's in charge for awhile and will do things his way in spite of our feelings on any topic. CEHST is nothing more than a sounding board (or bored, if ye prefer?). To really make a difference,  one would have to stop whining and run for office. 

As for name calling, not towards other posters.   Public figures are fair game. Trump gets bad-named quite often (I try to avoid it out of respect for the office, same as I did under Obama), but not everyone feels that way.  Occasional Cortex and Fauxahontas are fair game as well.  (But not the Escobars, apparently.  😘)

At the end of the day, most folks here are good people with good intentions I suspect.  Except that one guy who advocates for open borders

.. gotta watch out for him!

6 hours ago, refugee said:

Well you know, in the spirit of embracing diversity, including those of various learning styles, we really should post more in concise terms. I don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable with reams of useless data when we should boil it down to a catch phrase like tipacayo and Tyler too, or MAGA or audacity of Hope.

You have come into oneness with your inner posting spirit animal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Tippecanoe and Get Wet, Too!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).