abum

Cohen Hired IT Firm to Rig Early CNBC, Drudge Polls to Favor Trump

71 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, abum said:

1. so would consistently lying be the best for is?

2. and you are fine having someone with no integrity holding positions  in the current administration?

3. HE CAUSED THE SHUTDOWN. It is like saying someone who had said he would purposely drive a car,  to hit a pedestrian PROUDLY, and then claiming he would be responsible for it , is taking responsibility for it. That goes without saying! And even what he had said he would own it, he and his supporters kept trying to shift the blame onto others. (i can imagine if there were no evidence of him saying "I am proud to shutdown the government", what tantrum he would unleash on Twitter House. 

Phony evidence? okay, you know better than people that dealt with the matter it seemed. Maybe you can correct the knowledge of others then. 

Trump and Pelosi are causing the shutdown. No reasonable argument can be made that both are not acting in the best interest of the country. 

Filed: Other Timeline
Just now, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Trump and Pelosi are causing the shutdown. No reasonable argument can be made that both are not acting in the best interest of the country. 

haha, this is tough, even after giving proof that it was Trump who single handedly caused the shutdown PROUDLY, him and his supporter would still want to point finger at others. Now sure how many times it can be repeated but if one chose to not understand, what can i do.

Maybe i can just share this sequence of event:

A QUICK CIVICS LESSON:

Just before the government shutdown began, the Senate, led by Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (a Republican) overwhelmingly passed a bipartisan bill that would have kept the government open. (Dec 20)

The then-Speaker of the House Paul Ryan (a Republican) refused to allow the House to even vote on that bill knowing it would likely pass with a veto-proof majority.

For those who might not know, if a president vetoes a bill, if two-thirds of both the House and the Senate vote against that president’s veto, they can override it, thus enacting that bill.

That’s called “checks and balances,” a key component our Founding Fathers put into our Constitution.

Fast forward a few weeks to when Democrats took power in the House of Representatives. They passed essentially the same exact veto-proof bill the Senate had overwhelmingly approved just a couple of weeks earlier that would reopen the government.

Only now, the same Sen. McConnell who let the passage of that bill before, won’t allow the Senate to vote on it — because he knows it would pass, thus forcing Trump to veto it, which would embarrass the party and expose their incompetence.

Keep in mind, this all centers around a lie Trump repeatedly told during his campaign (and even now) that Mexico was going to pay for his stupid wall, a wall he now wants the American taxpayer to fund.

Republicans controlled all of Congress and the White House for the past two years. If funding this wall was such a major issue, they would have done it — they didn’t. Repeatedly, his own party refused to pass spending bills that gave Trump money for that pointless wall.

This isn’t about border security, no matter how many time Trump tells that lie. This is about his ego and his pathetic attempt to distract people from the constantly-growing list of scandals, legal troubles, and embarrassing administration departures he’s been dealing with over the last several weeks.

If our government was functioning how our Founding Fathers meant for it to, our government would have never shut down.

First it was a Republican, Paul Ryan, refusing to let the House vote on the bill the Senate passed. Now it’s hypocritical Sen. Mitch McConnell, a Republican, doing the same thing with the recently-passed House bill.

Two frauds who refused to allow a bill to be voted on to keep the government open/reopen it, not because they opposed it, but because they were afraid it would pass and embarrass their party’s “president.”

This is not how democracy works. This is not how our government is supposed to work.

Donald Trump and the GOP are the only ones to blame for this political stunt.

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, abum said:

1. so would consistently lying be the best for is?

2. and you are fine having someone with no integrity holding positions  in the current administration?

3. HE CAUSED THE SHUTDOWN. It is like saying someone who had said he would purposely drive a car,  to hit a pedestrian PROUDLY, and then claiming he would be responsible for it , is taking responsibility for it. That goes without saying! And even what he had said he would own it, he and his supporters kept trying to shift the blame onto others. (i can imagine if there were no evidence of him saying "I am proud to shutdown the government", what tantrum he would unleash on Twitter House. 

Phony evidence? okay, you know better than people that dealt with the matter it seemed. Maybe you can correct the knowledge of others then. 

1. It worked for Obama.  Did you get this worked up for those 8 years?

2. It worked for Obama.  Did you get this worked up for those 8 years?

3.  You already told us you don't care about the previous 22 shutdowns under multiple presidents because you weren't affected, so I won't even ask how you felt.

1 hour ago, abum said:

Two frauds who refused to allow a bill to be voted on to keep the government open/reopen it, not because they opposed it, but because they were afraid it would pass and embarrass their party’s “president.”

This is not how democracy works. This is not how our government is supposed to work.

Donald Trump and the GOP are the only ones to blame for this political stunt.

Since you have this AMAZING ability to predict the future, and to see into the minds of our elected officials, why did you not warn America of this impending doom back in early 2016?

I really hope you're not one of those people who just project their personal beliefs onto the actions of others, trying to manipulate circumstances to fit your personal beliefs?

You must be right.  Pelosi and crowd have nothing to do with the shutdown.  It's all Trump's fault.

Edited by ALFKAD

On 1/19/2019 at 9:23 AM, jg121783 said:

Politics. As they say a ham sandwich could be indicted.

maybe what you say here is true, and i believe a lot of people wanting to see "Lock her up" chants coming true, 2 years already passed, kinda slow to "lock her up", or indicted, and surprising amount of people from that team chanting "lock her up" got locked up. Funny right?

On 1/19/2019 at 9:21 AM, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

If I gave a big team of investigators unlimited access to dig thru every detail of everything everyone you know has ever done, how would it end you think ?

People CONVICTED under whitewater. Wrong then and wrong now

so we should trust Mueller or not? based on Trump recent tweet in the last 2 days, Mueller and his team has the credibility (and their statements can be . And trump's pick for Session's replacement have said Mueller is not involved in Witch Hunt (against what Trump had been ranting on Twitter).

23 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

1. It worked for Obama.  Did you get this worked up for those 8 years?

2. It worked for Obama.  Did you get this worked up for those 8 years?

3.  You already told us you don't care about the previous 22 shutdowns under multiple presidents because you weren't affected, so I won't even ask how you felt.

1,2: by repeatedly saying Obama this and Obama that without bringing any proofs, that felt very similar to the guy and his people in the current administration on twitter throwing accusations here and there with no facts to back it up, got proven wrong countless of times. not gonna entertain this.

3: hurm i am not that interested to share my feelings here too so thank you for not asking ;) - though i have been sharing facts on the shutdown that kept being twisted repeatedly (you have to admire the effort to twists facts) and how many lives had been impacted - poor those Americans , their livelihood being taken hostage, for a Wall that had the chance for at least 2 years to be get the funding approved - but no actual plans, budget, projections had been made for the past 2 years, considering the Wall was soooooo important to cause the shutdown now)

As for that comment of yours, might be worth to quote our previous comments:

"Should i be outrage for the past shutdowns? 

On 1/7/2019 at 5:29 PM, ALFKAD said:

Of course not.  You seem to think like a liberal (millennial, perhaps?) and those in the past did not affect you, so why would you care?  Having lived thru them, and being affected by them, I wasn’t outraged, I just did the best I could.  Today, I am not affected by the shutdown, and am similarly not outraged.  It’s simply political posturing and chest thumping.  Yes, it affects us little people.  But if you really want to be upset at someone, be mad at congress... why are THEY getting paid, when they are not reaching an agreement?  Trump isn’t getting paid either, for the record.

And yes, I know exactly how many days the shutdown has lasted.  It sucks, but I’m still not worried the end of the world is nigh.

Which i clearly asked:

"So in order to feel outraged for something, you have to go way back in history, read everything up, feel outrage for all of seemingly similar events and then the current outrage is justified?" 

(not sure where you got the idea of "i don't care about the previous 22 shutdowns under multiple presidents because I wasn't affected") 

On 1/19/2019 at 11:16 AM, ALFKAD said:

Since you have this AMAZING ability to predict the future, and to see into the minds of our elected officials, why did you not warn America of this impending doom back in early 2016?

I really hope you're not one of those people who just project their personal beliefs onto the actions of others, trying to manipulate circumstances to fit your personal beliefs?

You must be right.  Pelosi and crowd have nothing to do with the shutdown.  It's all Trump's fault.

urm not sure what to respond to this - though i have seen any piece/news/comments that criticized Trump, will be met with the usual "Fake news" response, along with name calling, labels and shortform T something something. 

"You must be right.  Pelosi and crowd have nothing to do with the shutdown.  It's all Trump's fault."

thank you for admitting that. Maybe we all can help the effort in pushing and pressuring Trump to just approve the budget that had passed the House (have to push Mitch to do his job too).

31 minutes ago, abum said:

1,2: by repeatedly saying Obama this and Obama that without bringing any proofs, that felt very similar to the guy and his people in the current administration on twitter throwing accusations here and there with no facts to back it up, got proven wrong countless of times. not gonna entertain this.

3: hurm i am not that interested to share my feelings here too so thank you for not asking ;) - though i have been sharing facts on the shutdown that kept being twisted repeatedly (you have to admire the effort to twists facts) and how many lives had been impacted - poor those Americans , their livelihood being taken hostage, for a Wall that had the chance for at least 2 years to be get the funding approved - but no actual plans, budget, projections had been made for the past 2 years, considering the Wall was soooooo important to cause the shutdown now)

As for that comment of yours, might be worth to quote our previous comments:

"Should i be outrage for the past shutdowns? 

Which i clearly asked:

"So in order to feel outraged for something, you have to go way back in history, read everything up, feel outrage for all of seemingly similar events and then the current outrage is justified?" 

(not sure where you got the idea of "i don't care about the previous 22 shutdowns under multiple presidents because I wasn't affected") 

32 minutes ago, abum said:

Hurm, one doesn’t have to work too hard to prove to themselves that what others say is sometimes true, even if one doesn’t like to hear the truth.

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/barack-obama/statements/byruling/false/

All politicians lie.  Not all lies are intentional (I’d like to believe), but they all do it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Another case of TDS on display. ☢️  All over polls. Most of which are easily rigged and more often than not just created and used to create a narrative that may or may not be true. 

5 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

because you were trying to put words into my mouth - hence i have to quote what i had actually said here

and you quoting your own question ,  i am not sure how it proved the following claim you made

On 1/19/2019 at 11:10 AM, ALFKAD said:

so tell me which bit, based on the chain of comments there, where i said "i did not care about previous 22 shutdowns" ? 

And tell me the answer to the following "So in order to feel outraged for something, you have to go way back in history, read everything up, feel outrage for all of seemingly similar events and then the current outrage is justified?" 

5 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

Hurm, one doesn’t have to work too hard to prove to themselves that what others say is sometimes true, even if one doesn’t like to hear the truth.

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/barack-obama/statements/byruling/false/

All politicians lie.  Not all lies are intentional (I’d like to believe), but they all do it.

i do not follow your premise but that is just me.

Good you quoted Politifact! Might worth to then do a comparison between the 2.

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

image.thumb.png.66cef2f40e84e9144d0496f43761008a.png

One even got awards TWICE for Lie of the year.

and one, majority of the statements were found to be  false , somehow that is acceptable as a leader eh? Okaaay.

Anyway, i spent too much of my time here, kinda tired replying with the same points but never gotten through, so wont spent much time replying again.

And the last comment - that is a clear case of a "manipulated american's gullible a____  " :D 

32 minutes ago, abum said:

because you were trying to put words into my mouth - hence i have to quote what i had actually said here

and you quoting your own question ,  i am not sure how it proved the following claim you made

so tell me which bit, based on the chain of comments there, where i said "i did not care about previous 22 shutdowns" ? 

And tell me the answer to the following "So in order to feel outraged for something, you have to go way back in history, read everything up, feel outrage for all of seemingly similar events and then the current outrage is justified?" 

You can feel upset (or not) about whatever you choose to.  I just got the impression you were much more upset over this shutdown than previous ones, and your response supported that position.  Perhaps that is only because you were not here to talk about the others.

I also said I agreed with a lot of what you said about the current shutdown, minus the part that it’s all Trump’s fault. On that, we will continue to disagree, especially when the dems have plainly said that they won’t negotiate with Trump until the shutdown is over.  The negotiations are supposed to be a compromise to END the shutdown.

31 minutes ago, abum said:

i do not follow your premise but that is just me.

Good you quoted Politifact! Might worth to then do a comparison between the 2.

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

image.thumb.png.66cef2f40e84e9144d0496f43761008a.png

One even got awards TWICE for Lie of the year.

and one, majority of the statements were found to be  false , somehow that is acceptable as a leader eh? Okaaay.

Anyway, i spent too much of my time here, kinda tired replying with the same points but never gotten through, so wont spent much time replying again.

And the last comment - that is a clear case of a "manipulated american's gullible a____  " :D 

It’s not that you don’t get thru, it’s that you will rarely change someone’s opinion on most topics.  I haven’t changed yours, so we’re even, right?  Even though my opinion is more righter than yours.  😜

The point is not to change the minds of those you disagree with, but to present your arguments coherently and let others come to their own conclusions.   Which you do fairly well, overall.  Your TDS gets in the way from time to time, but that’s understandable.  No one here really likes everything Trump is doing.  Especially his tweeting.  I think everyone in CEHST has indicated they hate that part of his presidency. 

As to his lies... no one likes those, either.  I value honestly in my friends, and based on his level of honesty, Trump would never be in my circle of friends.  However, I realize that many of his false claims are just the windbag in him.  I’ve seen it in others who have an inflated sense of self-worth.  And as I said before, ALL politicians do it; sometimes, I think they mean it when they say it (like Obama’s “you can keep your doctor” fib), but circumstances out of their control prevent them from making good on it.  Now, when Obama said his admin had no scandals under his watch.... now that one is a downright whopper.  And I am sure Trump tells many of those as well.

As for going away, take a break.  But you’ll be back.  It does get tiring sometimes, but it’s also fun, and a good way to see what others who may not agree with your POV are thinking.  Again, not to change what you believe, but to give you a different perspective on things.  Your perspective is just as important as anyone else’s, and interesting to read.

26 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

It’s not that you don’t get thru, it’s that you will rarely change someone’s opinion on most topics.  I haven’t changed yours, so we’re even, right?  Even though my opinion is more righter than yours.  😜

The point is not to change the minds of those you disagree with, but to present your arguments coherently and let others come to their own conclusions.   Which you do fairly well, overall.  Your TDS gets in the way from time to time, but that’s understandable.  No one here really likes everything Trump is doing.  Especially his tweeting.  I think everyone in CEHST has indicated they hate that part of his presidency. 

As to his lies... no one likes those, either.  I value honestly in my friends, and based on his level of honesty, Trump would never be in my circle of friends.  However, I realize that many of his false claims are just the windbag in him.  I’ve seen it in others who have an inflated sense of self-worth.  And as I said before, ALL politicians do it; sometimes, I think they mean it when they say it (like Obama’s “you can keep your doctor” fib), but circumstances out of their control prevent them from making good on it.  Now, when Obama said his admin had no scandals under his watch.... now that one is a downright whopper.  And I am sure Trump tells many of those as well.

As for going away, take a break.  But you’ll be back.  It does get tiring sometimes, but it’s also fun, and a good way to see what others who may not agree with your POV are thinking.  Again, not to change what you believe, but to give you a different perspective on things.  Your perspective is just as important as anyone else’s, and interesting to read.

Did you notice the press blamed the last one on Congress and this one on the president . Wonder why