Sciencedaan

Interview CR1 Islamabad Pakistan (January 17th , 2019)

21 posts in this topic

Hi VJ members, I had an interview today for CR1 in Islamabad. Everything was very smooth the interview was hardly 5 minutes and at the end, that lady gave me this 1-page white form, initially I was not sure that what this form is and I didn't even read it at the counter. I asked her to what to do with this form and she said just keep it with yourself and the form title is Immigrant Visa Section (Modernized Immigrant Visas) and it says you visa has been refused under the provision of the immigration and nationality act and also section 221g (your visa application is refused for AP) is tick marked. Under this, there is General Requirements and Evidence of economic solvency and they both are highlighted with yellow ink.
Also about the passport, she said that you will get it after 1 month. 

My wife was also there with me and we went together to the counter but the lady asked her to stay there in the waiting area. 

Now I don't know what to do or what to upload and the status of my case is not changed on CEAC website.

1 more thing that initially we submitted the birth certificate from the hospital with my SSC certificate to USCIS and then NVC wasn't accepting it then we uploaded the FRC from Nadra and now on interview we took the original birth certificate from Union Council and we also gave them FRC and the hospital issued birth certificate.

Please share your thoughts. Thanks alot!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Sciencedaan said:

Hi VJ members, I had an interview today for CR1 in Islamabad. Everything was very smooth the interview was hardly 5 minutes and at the end, that lady gave me this 1-page white form, initially I was not sure that what this form is and I didn't even read it at the counter. I asked her to what to do with this form and she said just keep it with yourself and the form title is Immigrant Visa Section (Modernized Immigrant Visas) and it says you visa has been refused under the provision of the immigration and nationality act and also section 221g (your visa application is refused for AP) is tick marked. Under this, there is General Requirements and Evidence of economic solvency and they both are highlighted with yellow ink.
Also about the passport, she said that you will get it after 1 month. 

My wife was also there with me and we went together to the counter but the lady asked her to stay there in the waiting area. 

Now I don't know what to do or what to upload and the status of my case is not changed on CEAC website.

1 more thing that initially we submitted the birth certificate from the hospital with my SSC certificate to USCIS and then NVC wasn't accepting it then we uploaded the FRC from Nadra and now on interview we took the original birth certificate from Union Council and we also gave them FRC and the hospital issued birth certificate.

Please share your thoughts. Thanks alot!

if they only marked the AP on the 221G must mean they have not finished the background check, if they asked for no other papers all you can do now is wait it out.

AP can take days, weeks, months, and even years.

at the interview my husband had in Egypt he was also given a 221G and check mark at AP nothing was asked nothing he could do but wait, at day 48 he got a call to return his passport to the embassy in 10 days it updated to issued and he was sent text to pick up his passport at Aramex.

be patient most AP cases are resolved in 60-90 days.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

It might be helpful for you to upload a picture

Based on what you have written, your wife does not make enough money for financial support

additionally it sounds like there may be additional background checks needed

any "red flags" with your relationship?

could you detail what questions were asked and how you answered

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

@Kastrs 

57 minutes ago, Kastrs said:

It might be helpful for you to upload a picture

Based on what you have written, your wife does not make enough money for financial support

additionally it sounds like there may be additional background checks needed

any "red flags" with your relationship?

could you detail what questions were asked and how you answered

Where on CEAS and the wedding pictures? (The interviewer didnt even ask for the pictures :( )

My wife makes enough money we checked it so we are good, 

Our marriage is an arranged marriage. 

Interview:
She asked about how long you been married?
Was it arrange marriage?
How did you guys meet?

What do your wife do?

what you do?

since she was with me in the embassy so she asked when she came and I told her infact her flight was on 12th Jan but she delayed it due to the interview so I told her this thing as well.

and then she gave me this paper and asked nothing to upload or send she said to just keep it with you -_- . It was hardly 5 minutes I would say like 2/3 minutes and the gave me nikkah nama, birth certificate and kept the passport.

My original birth certificate from Union Council is not uploaded to CEAC, I uploaded the FRC and they approved it while at interview I showed them Original birth certificate from Union Counicl, FRC and the hospital certificate as I aleardy send FRC (to CEAC) and hospital certifcate to (USCIS).

Now I am not sure to upload anything like Birth certificat eo rpictures or anything since they asked for nothing and if I upload some extra they even dont like it 😕

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Sciencedaan said:

@Kastrs 

Where on CEAS and the wedding pictures? (The interviewer didnt even ask for the pictures :( ) I was referring to a picture of the form the embassy provided 

Perhaps your wife could come on this forum to ask and answer the questions?

My wife makes enough money we checked it so we are good, 

Our marriage is an arranged marriage. 

Interview:
She asked about how long you been married?
Was it arrange marriage?
How did you guys meet?

What do your wife do?

what you do?

since she was with me in the embassy so she asked when she came and I told her infact her flight was on 12th Jan but she delayed it due to the interview so I told her this thing as well.

and then she gave me this paper and asked nothing to upload or send she said to just keep it with you -_- . It was hardly 5 minutes I would say like 2/3 minutes and the gave me nikkah nama, birth certificate and kept the passport.

My original birth certificate from Union Council is not uploaded to CEAC, I uploaded the FRC and they approved it while at interview I showed them Original birth certificate from Union Counicl, FRC and the hospital certificate as I aleardy send FRC (to CEAC) and hospital certifcate to (USCIS).

Now I am not sure to upload anything like Birth certificat eo rpictures or anything since they asked for nothing and if I upload some extra they even dont like it 😕

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Why would they highlight "Evidence of Economic Solvency" when you say your wife makes enough to sponsor you?  This doesn't make sense.  I would suggest that you contact the embassy and clarify this.

@Kastrs @carmel34

Here is the picture of the page she gave me. I asked her if I am supposed to do anything, she said no just keep it with you.

Also, my status didn't change yet it's been 3 days I have given an Interview. My priority date on CEAC is 1st of Feb Is this something to do with status change or anything. Please help. 

11.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sciencedaan said:

@Kastrs @carmel34

Here is the picture of the page she gave me. I asked her if I am supposed to do anything, she said no just keep it with you.

Also, my status didn't change yet it's been 3 days I have given an Interview. My priority date on CEAC is 1st of Feb Is this something to do with status change or anything. Please help. 

11.jpg

Your case is in Administrative Processing.   No one can tell you how long it will take sometimes it take weeks, sometimes months and even sometimes years.  There is nothing you can do but as it says you can inquire about your visa every two months.  

8 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Your case is in Administrative Processing.   No one can tell you how long it will take sometimes it take weeks, sometimes months and even sometimes years.  There is nothing you can do but as it says you can inquire about your visa every two months.  

Thank you ---My main concern was if I am supposed to upload anything or I am missing anything as there are many options and they highlighted the 2 headings as well.  Let's hope for the best and if its only wait InshAllah this will over soon. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sciencedaan said:

Thank you ---My main concern was if I am supposed to upload anything or I am missing anything as there are many options and they highlighted the 2 headings as well.  Let's hope for the best and if its only wait InshAllah this will over soon. 

They are always highlighted.   Only if one of the items was checked underneath do you have to be concerned for sending anything in.   Did they mention anything about emailing you?   Be sure to keep an eye out for emails from the embassy (double check spam folder) for a questionnaire.  Sometimes after sometime in AP they send it out the questionaire it can hold things up even more.   

1 hour ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

They are always highlighted.   Only if one of the items was checked underneath do you have to be concerned for sending anything in.   Did they mention anything about emailing you?   Be sure to keep an eye out for emails from the embassy (double check spam folder) for a questionnaire.  Sometimes after sometime in AP they send it out the questionaire it can hold things up even more.   

Nope, that lady didn't mention anything about emailing. I asked her about what to do with this form she said just keep it with you. For the passport she said you will get in 1 month and when I was leaving the counter I confirmed again that I will get the passport in 1 month she said yes hopefully in 1 month but it can vary. 
Just check inbox and spam nothing is there but I will keep checking Thanks.

Also, do you have any idea why there is no change on CEAC website it's still the same the way it was before the interview---Do you have any idea 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Sciencedaan said:

Nope, that lady didn't mention anything about emailing. I asked her about what to do with this form she said just keep it with you. For the passport she said you will get in 1 month and when I was leaving the counter I confirmed again that I will get the passport in 1 month she said yes hopefully in 1 month but it can vary. 
Just check inbox and spam nothing is there but I will keep checking Thanks.

Also, do you have any idea why there is no change on CEAC website it's still the same the way it was before the interview---Do you have any idea 

Has the "date last updated' Date changed?  That would mean someone has touched your case.  CEAC is not 100% reliable it could be that they just have not update your case since you left but no one can really answer that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.