icanbenobody

First time seeing filipino in my area

29 posts in this topic

I live in a very small town. I was at Walmart and told my wife, hey I think that's a Filipina. I continued shopping and my wife had talked to her and sure enough she was! She ended up meeting a ton of friends through that one person. 

Crazy how it happens. 

29 minutes ago, Redheadguy03 said:

I live in a very small town. I was at Walmart and told my wife, hey I think that's a Filipina. I continued shopping and my wife had talked to her and sure enough she was! She ended up meeting a ton of friends through that one person. 

Crazy how it happens. 

Its just really amazing that i meet one and get to talk to a Filipino for the first time 😂😂

38 minutes ago, Redheadguy03 said:

Crazy how it happens. 

That's funny right there because I am the same way with my asawa as well. I am always the one telling her "Hey I think she is Filipina" and I am the one to actually have the courage to ask "Where in the Philippines are you from". 

1 hour ago, icanbenobody said:

After i pick up my kiddo from school we decided to go to doughnuts place nearby and also we went to the asian store next door.. While walking in the store i heard an old person talking on his phone in"tagalog"so i know he is a Filipino.. I followed what other members here (who has a Filipino spouse)advice about talking first lol Usually most filipino i seen in other store they have this"masungit" attitude luckily this guy was smiling ..well most costumer in that store always smile(maybe because there are so many asian people?) 😂😂I talk to the guy first asking him what he was looking for and he was like Wow you are my kababayan i thought you are Japanese 😂😂

And the conversation start and it was a small world he knows the only Filipina that my husband used to work with..

This is part of my life here in america.

Meeting a person who speak your original language is like a gift of god and you were like wow for the first time in my 5 months in america i get to talk to a person from my home country hahah

Just sharing with excitement 😂😂

My asawa has felt the same way when we moved from Los Angeles to NC. We literally moved from a place that had a Filipino store at the end of the street to a place where the closest Asian store is 30 minutes away. What really helped my wife is we found a Filipina in our subdivision that knew alot of the other Filipinas in this area so she has met alot more of them in the past couple of months, we even were amazed because we were invited to a Filipino Christmas celebration last month. Also what is amazing is that we have ended up meeting alot of Bisaya so my wife is really loving that since she is from Mindanao. 

What I found out that has helped us meet new pinays and other people to know your a Filipino is having this sticker on your car. It is a nice sticker and really stands out. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0048WKGBE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

That's funny right there because I am the same way with my asawa as well. I am always the one telling her "Hey I think she is Filipina" and I am the one to actually have the courage to ask "Where in the Philippines are you from". 

Thats sweet of you guys with your spouse.

Unlucky me i married a man who loves to tease me and Everytime we saw a filipino look he will be like i think s/he is filipino i can tell by their nose..or he will be like look she look like you short,brown,small nose and FAT face..he loves teasing me when i gain a lil weight.

4 minutes ago, icanbenobody said:

Thats sweet of you guys with your spouse.

Unlucky me i married a man who loves to tease me and Everytime we saw a filipino look he will be like i think s/he is filipino i can tell by their nose..or he will be like look she look like you short,brown,small nose and FAT face..he loves teasing me when i gain a lil weight.

That's how you know you have a good asawa hehehe. I do that with mine as well and she does it with me too. But I do not really do that with her because she is really harsh with herself after having 2 kids. She misses her body that she had when she came here in 2012 with. But my 12 year old who is from my ex-wife can wear her clothes now that she wore back then which I find funny. 

Edited by Cyberfx1024

2 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

My asawa has felt the same way when we moved from Los Angeles to NC. We literally moved from a place that had a Filipino store at the end of the street to a place where the closest Asian store is 30 minutes away. What really helped my wife is we found a Filipina in our subdivision that knew alot of the other Filipinas in this area so she has met alot more of them in the past couple of months, we even were amazed because we were invited to a Filipino Christmas celebration last month. Also what is amazing is that we have ended up meeting alot of Bisaya so my wife is really loving that since she is from Mindanao. 

What I found out that has helped us meet new pinays and other people to know your a Filipino is having this sticker on your car. It is a nice sticker and really stands out. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0048WKGBE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I mention about getting Philippines and America flags to my husband but he always like you dont need friends that you cant trust.

I understand my hubby because he experience being fooled by a filipina who he thought his best friend but the lady seems to lie all the time. And owe us thousands that its been forgotten for almost two years.

2 minutes ago, icanbenobody said:

I mention about getting Philippines and America flags to my husband but he always like you dont need friends that you cant trust.

I understand my hubby because he experience being fooled by a filipina who he thought his best friend but the lady seems to lie all the time. And owe us thousands that its been forgotten for almost two years.

That's why we don't loan money to anyone. I got lucky in that regard with my asawa because she doesn't loan out money past the alloted monthly amount unless it is a verified emergency of something special like a birthday or christmas.

2 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

That's how you know you have a good asawa hehehe. I do that with mine as well and she does it with me too. 

Hehehe i know the feeling. I learn to do it to him too and sometimes he will just you learn to be you a jerk its my fault 😂😂

I forgot that she does have a niece that was here on a J1 visa and is now TNT. My BIL had a stroke this time last year so she begged and pleaded to my wife(her Tita) to help go home to see her Tatay before her visa ran out, and she would pay us(me) back. So she found a R/T ticket from Washington through Singapore to Davao for basically $1000usd. So I paid for it and she has sent us only $200 since then to pay it back. She is here na in our house staying for 2 weeks and I was told not to bring it up. 

1 minute ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

That's why we don't loan money to anyone. I got lucky in that regard with my asawa because she doesn't loan out money past the alloted monthly amount unless it is a verified emergency of something special like a birthday or christmas.

I wasn't my husband wife back then so i never monitor his expenses.. he got fooled by "Filipino" drama. 

I wanna grow old like your asawa @Cyberfx1024   ..i need to be strong and not just loan people some money.

3 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I forgot that she does have a niece that was here on a J1 visa and is now TNT. My BIL had a stroke this time last year so she begged and pleaded to my wife(her Tita) to help go home to see her Tatay before her visa ran out, and she would pay us(me) back. So she found a R/T ticket from Washington through Singapore to Davao for basically $1000usd. So I paid for it and she has sent us only $200 since then to pay it back. She is here na in our house staying for 2 weeks and I was told not to bring it up. 

Maybe one day she will remember? But i doubt it 😂😂most Filipino who Barrow money always have a debt amnesia  😂😂

I wasn't my husband wife back then so i never monitor his expenses.. he got fooled by "Filipino" drama. 

I wanna grow old like your asawa @Cyberfx1024   ..i need to be strong and not just loan people some money.

That's funny because my asawa feels so old na even though she is a young 38. But I tease her and call her my "Sexy Lola" hahahahaha. 

We hate "Filipino drama" because it almost never ends if you don't stop it. 

21 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

That's funny because my asawa feels so old na even though she is a young 38. But I tease her and call her my "Sexy Lola" hahahahaha. 

We hate "Filipino drama" because it almost never ends if you don't stop it. 

Hahaha dont be mean geez 38 is still young

And yea yea im so agree with the last sentence.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.