15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

GOOD MORNIN, I SEND MY AOS PAPER WORK ON DECEMBER AND  RECENTLY TEXTED THAT MY APPLICATION WAS RECEIVE AND NOA1 WILL BE MAILED TO ME. THEY SEND ME A CASE NUMBER FOR FORM I485 AND I131 BUT I ALSO SENT WITH THE PACKET FORM I765 I DID NOT RECEIVE A CASE NUMBER FOR THAT I AM JUST A LITTLE CONFUSE

1 hour ago, Lilz said:

I JUST RECEIVE THE TEXT MESSAGE NOT AN EMAIL

Ok, this happened to me. You will recieve an email in a couple of days similar to the text messages. If you marked on the application that you want to recieve text messages/email for updates you will get the email. Also, really good idea signing up on the USCIS website to track your applications. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, CannonTop90 said:

Ok, this happened to me. You will recieve an email in a couple of days similar to the text messages. If you marked on the application that you want to recieve text messages/email for updates you will get the email. Also, really good idea signing up on the USCIS website to track your applications. 

THANK YOU

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
10 hours ago, Lilz said:

GOOD MORNIN, I SEND MY AOS PAPER WORK ON DECEMBER AND  RECENTLY TEXTED THAT MY APPLICATION WAS RECEIVE AND NOA1 WILL BE MAILED TO ME. THEY SEND ME A CASE NUMBER FOR FORM I485 AND I131 BUT I ALSO SENT WITH THE PACKET FORM I765 I DID NOT RECEIVE A CASE NUMBER FOR THAT I AM JUST A LITTLE CONFUSE

It happened to me also. I got the text messages for I485 and I131 but not the I765 And it only means that that specific form was rejected for some reason.and that’s why they didn’t assigned a case number for it.  In my case was that I was missing a page. In a couple of days you will get a letter on the mail explaining why it was rejected. Good luck. 

I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you ❤️

6A198021-A7C3-405C-A1FD-28C831D642CC.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

The same thing happened to me. I called the USCIS and submitted an inquire about it because I was afraid it got lost. Thankfully,  a few days after the inquire I received a text with the case number of the I765. You can try to call and ask.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Just curious how long did it take for you all to receive NOA 1?  Our AOS application was delivered to the Chicago PO Box on 1/9 and we haven't heard anything yet.  Wasn't sure what the typical wait time is...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
23 minutes ago, jess18 said:

Just curious how long did it take for you all to receive NOA 1?  Our AOS application was delivered to the Chicago PO Box on 1/9 and we haven't heard anything yet.  Wasn't sure what the typical wait time is...

Read multiple stories on here that NOA1 takes longer all of the sudden, prob cause it's right after the holidays. We filed september 2018 and got our NOA1 1 week later. Did you request to get updates by text? If not, I would wait a little longer, if you did you could always call USCIS. Idk if they're able to help you without any case number but I guess it's worth a shot.

Timeline
17 hours ago, Mara Liceth said:

It happened to me also. I got the text messages for I485 and I131 but not the I765 And it only means that that specific form was rejected for some reason.and that’s why they didn’t assigned a case number for it.  In my case was that I was missing a page. In a couple of days you will get a letter on the mail explaining why it was rejected. Good luck. 

It was rejected because i was missing a page. They kept everything that was attached with the form and they just sent me back the form to re do it again.. my question is when i send it again do i have have to provide all the supporting documents again and send in a new fee or just put the page that missing and just send it 

Timeline
22 hours ago, Lilz said:

THANK YOU

1 minute ago, Lilz said:

It was rejected because i was missing a page. They kept everything that was attached with the form and they just sent me back the form to re do it again.. my question is when i send it again do i have have to provide all the supporting documents again and send in a new fee or just put the page that missing and just send it 

was rejected because i was missing a page. They kept everything that was attached with the form and they just sent me back the form to re do it again.. my question is when i send it again do i have have to provide all the supporting documents again and send in a new fee or just put the page that missing and just send it 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Lilz said:

I never send mine again. But I will follow the instructions there and send copies again of the supporting documents just in case and the page that is missing. You don’t have to send any more fees. 

I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you ❤️

6A198021-A7C3-405C-A1FD-28C831D642CC.png

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2019 at 10:45 AM, jess18 said:

We are also filing through Kansas City, MO. I went for my biometrics appt mid December, we filed in November and we still haven't heard squat yet. I was under the impression the wait time through KCMO isn't that bad...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 hour ago, JunkTardis said:

We are also filing through Kansas City, MO. I went for my biometrics appt mid December, we filed in November and we still haven't heard squat yet. I was under the impression the wait time through KCMO isn't that bad...

Kansas is 12-23 months so you prob won't hear anything for a while. You can check the processing times for you local office via https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

EAD/AP takes 4-6 months, big chance you get that before you get your green card (if you filed for them)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
17 hours ago, JunkTardis said:

Yeah I thought KC was faster as well...we just had our biometrics on 2/15

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.