brightfuture78

Sputum Test & Visa Interview

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do allow enough time for the medical file to be transferred to the embassy, as that is not hand carried with SPUTUM or DOT.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Another thing I want to mention - From reading other people's experiences, I was under the impression that SLEC gave people a date to call in via phone for their SPUTUM results. They actually gave my fiancee an appointment to show up in person on a specific date and time, and mentioned nothing to her about calling in first. Is this new?

Timeline
34 minutes ago, brightfuture78 said:

Another thing I want to mention - From reading other people's experiences, I was under the impression that SLEC gave people a date to call in via phone for their SPUTUM results. They actually gave my fiancee an appointment to show up in person on a specific date and time, and mentioned nothing to her about calling in first. Is this new?

Yours is the first that I have heard of that.  So I would go with  .. Yup that sounds new. :)  

I wonder if the culture starts to grow if SLEC calls early 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

Yours is the first that I have heard of that.  So I would go with  .. Yup that sounds new. :)  

I wonder if the culture starts to grow if SLEC calls early 

If SLEC calls early, that means, something has been born in the culture.. If they don’t, don’t bother contacting them.., just show up in the date they gave for you to comeback.. I am not from around Manila, so a week before my scheduled day (April 12, 2018) my petitioner rescheduled my interview appointment. I did not show up in the date of my return to St Luke’s.., Instead, I went back there on (April 16, 2018) the day before my interview (April 17, 2018).. it all turned well.. 

03/30/17: I-129F sent USCIS Dallas Lockbox

04/03/17: Delivered to USCIS

04/06/17: NOA1 date, assigned to CSC

04/07/17: Received a text from USCIS

04/12/17: Received our NOA1 hardcopy via mail.

11/21/17: NOA2 Date and email received
01/11/18: NVC Received I-129F 
xx/xx/18: Case Status Ready

xx/xx/18: Embassy Received. 
xx/xx/18: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
xx/xx/18: Medical

xx/xx/18: Interview 
xx/xx/18: APPROVED!
xx/xx/18: Visa in Hand =)

xx/xx/18: CFO
xx/xx/18: Bound to my Fiance's Arms

xx/xx/18: Marriage Day

Timeline
1 hour ago, JosephRose said:

If SLEC calls early, that means, something has been born in the culture.. If they don’t, don’t bother contacting them.., just show up in the date they gave for you to comeback.. I am not from around Manila, so a week before my scheduled day (April 12, 2018) my petitioner rescheduled my interview appointment. I did not show up in the date of my return to St Luke’s.., Instead, I went back there on (April 16, 2018) the day before my interview (April 17, 2018).. it all turned well.. 

Exactly.     If they call.   

You got lucky with the going back to SLEC for vaccinations the day before you got your interview.   Did SLEC let you hand carry your medical file to the embassy?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
20 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Exactly.     If they call.   

You got lucky with the going back to SLEC for vaccinations the day before you got your interview.   Did SLEC let you hand carry your medical file to the embassy?

No.. SLEC did not let me carry my medical file.. they just gave me a one sheet copy of my vaccine and CD, that sheet of paper is the one I attached in my adjustment of status. The guy who released my medical told me I made the right decision of rescheduling my interview because I must be out of the country by July. I think I got lucky indeed. My interview was on Tuesday, I was put on hold for a few minutes during the pre-interview, told to wait for my name to be called.. I was literally freaking out inside until I saw some people from St. Luke’s, then I realized it was my medical..

Timeline
1 hour ago, JosephRose said:

No.. SLEC did not let me carry my medical file.. they just gave me a one sheet copy of my vaccine and CD, that sheet of paper is the one I attached in my adjustment of status. The guy who released my medical told me I made the right decision of rescheduling my interview because I must be out of the country by July. I think I got lucky indeed. My interview was on Tuesday, I was put on hold for a few minutes during the pre-interview, told to wait for my name to be called.. I was literally freaking out inside until I saw some people from St. Luke’s, then I realized it was my medical..

That is what I thought .. you were cutting it really close for having the medical file there for the interview.   You did get lucky for sure.  :)  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Hello. I have my interview on february 14 and I was just diagnosed with pneumonia. I am currently taking antibiotics. Will that affect my medical on the 11th? 

Timeline
On 1/17/2019 at 1:26 PM, JosephRose said:

Same with me, I did exactly what you did.

On 1/17/2019 at 1:24 PM, JosephRose said:

I was sputumed too and I canceled my interview by calling us embassy. My 2nd and final interview was the next day of the day I went back to St. Luke’s to get my Culture results and get vaccines. I was vaccined on April 16, 2018 and interviewed on April 17, 2018.. Here’s few tips for your fiancée.., she must come to st.luke’s early as possible like around 2:30 am.. during my time, I was number 100, 1, 2,.. after her sputum, and if her smear is negative, she have to wait few weeks(I think it was 8 weeks) for the culture results, she don’t need to call St. Luke’s to find out about the results, must pray st. Luke’s will not contact her cause it will means something has formed in her saliva.., if they don’t contact her, then no virus was born. Also on the 3rd day of the sputum, they will tell her to comeback on a specific day.. If she’s not from Manila like me, have to take flight, she can show her a copy of her etinerary ticket so they will move her evaluation on the same day instead of another day.. My sputum days were Feb 7-9 and they told me to comeback on Feb 14 for evaluation but after show them my flight ticket, they moved my schedule on same day.. I was supposed to return to St. Luke’s on April 12, 2018 for the scheduled date of the release of my culture but I emailed them asking if it’s okay to comeback another time if I can’t make it on the scheduled day and they said yes.. My petitioner who is my hubby now rescheduled my interview and we were lucky enough to get the April 17, 2018 slot at 6:40 am (Tuesday).. I showed up in St. Luke’s and got vaccine.. during the release of vaccine record, they did not give me the brown envelope. They said, they will send medical directly to us embassy for all sputum applicants. They just gave me a page copy that has my vaccine records. They also told me that I did the right decision rescheduling my interview ahead of time because it’s very hard to get interview date and medical for sputum is only valid for 6 months and I need to be out of the country by July 16.. by the way, if your fiancée has old X-ray films and med certificate from other doctor, she should bring it with her.. they acknowledge them but still they will do their own test.. Sorry this is very long but I hope this will give you guys some perspectives.. and I almost forgot, she can go take CFO seminar instead of going to the interview..

Hello. I will have my interview on the 14th of february and I was planning to do my medical on the eleventh. I founda out today that I have pneumonia, i am currently on antibiotics. Will that affect my medical??

Timeline
1 hour ago, Dia pe said:

Hello. I will have my interview on the 14th of february and I was planning to do my medical on the eleventh. I founda out today that I have pneumonia, i am currently on antibiotics. Will that affect my medical??

Hello I am sorry to hear that sis.. I am sorry to say this but I think it will affect your medical sis, how many weeks or months are you prescribed to take antibiotics sis? If you still have have pneumonia during your medical, most likely you will get sputum.. cause like me, I was already cleared and just had scar at  upper part of my left lung and brought my medical certificate from my doctor and old x-ray films with me, they still undergo me with sputum. Keep me updated sis, everything’s gonna alright.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JosephRose said:

Hello I am sorry to hear that sis.. I am sorry to say this but I think it will affect your medical sis, how many weeks or months are you prescribed to take antibiotics sis? If you still have have pneumonia during your medical, most likely you will get sputum.. cause like me, I was already cleared and just had scar at  upper part of my left lung and brought my medical certificate from my doctor and old x-ray films with me, they still undergo me with sputum. Keep me updated sis, everything’s gonna alright.

One week worth of antibiotics. It was very mild. I did not even get sick. I just found out when I had my x ray today

Timeline
Just now, Dia pe said:

One week worth of antibiotics. It was very mild. I did not even get sick. I just found out when I had my x ray today

Oh Good.. as long as the X-Ray don’t show any abnormalities on your medical, then you’ll be fine.. just prepare your medical certificate from your doc sis.. they will asked you about past medications.. just answer them honestly sis..

Timeline
6 hours ago, Dia pe said:

Hello. I have my interview on february 14 and I was just diagnosed with pneumonia. I am currently taking antibiotics. Will that affect my medical on the 11th? 

Doubt it will be an issue.   Bring copies of your medical file from your current doctor.    Doctors at SLEC shouldn't issue distinguishing pneumonia in your x-ray.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
On 2/4/2019 at 5:23 AM, Hank_ said:

Doubt it will be an issue.   Bring copies of your medical file from your current doctor.    Doctors at SLEC shouldn't issue distinguishing pneumonia in your x-ray.

Thank you. But i heard people saying they had problems with their xray even if it’s just pneumonia

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Dia pe said:

Thank you. But i heard people saying they had problems with their xray even if it’s just pneumonia

I haven't never heard that ...  and as said the doctors will know the difference.  TB causes scars on the lungs .

Besides you stated it was a very mild case of pneumonia.  And do bring your medical records with you.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.