Filipi

Shutdown influence on J1 Waiver 2019

33 posts in this topic

On 1/22/2019 at 7:08 PM, JWaiver_2019 said:

Strange! Your status really fulfilled their timeline and should be updated. I will suggest you keep sending them emails since this is the only available option to get response and keep us posted too.

We do pray, that you see status update soon!

Hey, my case number status has just updated (what a relief). The no objection certificate is not there yet. My embassy sent the NOC a few weeks ago, maybe it take some time for them to add to the status (I've just sent a email to my Embassy to have it sent again, just in case).

Thanks for the support. Hope your case is updated soon.

No_obj_selected.gif
  Department of State Advisory Opinion Finding: Pending

Item Action Date
Fee Received January, 24 2019
Form DS-3035 Received January, 24 2019
Form DS-2019 Received January, 24 2019
Passport Data Page Received January, 24 2019
Statement Of Reason Received January, 24 2019

42 minutes ago, Filipi said:

Hey, my case number status has just updated (what a relief). The no objection certificate is not there yet. My embassy sent the NOC a few weeks ago, maybe it take some time for them to add to the status (I've just sent a email to my Embassy to have it sent again, just in case).

Thanks for the support. Hope your case is updated soon.

No_obj_selected.gif

Item Action Date
Fee Received January, 24 2019
Form DS-3035 Received January, 24 2019
Form DS-2019 Received January, 24 2019
Passport Data Page Received January, 24 2019
Statement Of Reason Received January, 24 2019

Wow, this is great news Filipi! Happy for you!

Yes, fingers crossed for my case and my Embassy has also sent NOS and, I agree it may take some additional time for NOS update but no harm in requesting Embassy to resend and is safe action.

Keep us posted on NOS status update as well!

Thanks again for sharing! :)

On 1/25/2019 at 12:07 PM, JWaiver_2019 said:

Wow, this is great news Filipi! Happy for you!

Yes, fingers crossed for my case and my Embassy has also sent NOS and, I agree it may take some additional time for NOS update but no harm in requesting Embassy to resend and is safe action.

Keep us posted on NOS status update as well!

Thanks again for sharing! :)

Visa status just updated indicating they received the NOC. How it's going for you? Any news?

11 hours ago, Filipi said:

Visa status just updated indicating they received the NOC. How it's going for you? Any news?

Hi Filipi,

Congrats again! Great news and wish you all the best for next step of favorable recommendations by DoS!

No, mine is not updated yet. Embassy sent my NOS last week by mail. So waiting for both documents update and NOS update. Fingers crossed!

Hi All  

I need some suggestions in my case. I have sent my  j1 waiver application on the basis of no objection on 3rd dec 2018. Usps tracking says it was delivered. My embassy has already sent the NOS on 18th of dec 2018. It’s been 3 months and there is no update of my status . Now I am in lots of stress. Is there any contact no to call DOS regarding my matter?

On 2/5/2019 at 3:37 PM, JMohapatra said:

Hi All  

I need some suggestions in my case. I have sent my  j1 waiver application on the basis of no objection on 3rd dec 2018. Usps tracking says it was delivered. My embassy has already sent the NOS on 18th of dec 2018. It’s been 3 months and there is no update of my status . Now I am in lots of stress. Is there any contact no to call DOS regarding my matter?

I am also waiting for status update since December 28th 2018 for 'No Objection waiver'. Some people got status update last week (they submitted documents around Dec 18th). 

You may send also questions about your case to 212ewaiver@state.gov and expect response in 2 weeks by providing following information in email: 

•            Case number
•            Last name
•            First name
•            Date of birth
•            Basis under which you are applying for a waiver, and
•            A brief explanation of your inquiry

I have not tried but you can check at J1 waiver Public Inquiries numbers too:

603-334-0700 (immigrant visas only)
603-334-0888 (nonimmigrant visas only)
7:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m. EST
Monday through Friday
(excluding holidays)

Please keep us posted if you hear good news! Good luck!

14 hours ago, JMohapatra said:

Hi j Waiver_2019,

Thank you for your reply. Still there is no update in my case. I have called in the number given by you but they said they have no information regarding the issue. I am just waiting for a reply of  my email. What is the status of your case?

Hi JMohapatra,

I have just got my status updated. So it took over 6 weeks for my case status update since documents were delivered by the USPS. I wish you all the best and hope it gets updated soon too.

Waiver tracking.jpg

I applied for "no-objection" J1 waiver. Here is my timeline.

Any suggestions? Do I need to submit other documents?

Thank you!

Item Action Date
No Objection Statement Received January, 08 2019
Fee Received August, 15 2018
Form DS-3035 Received August, 15 2018
Form DS-2019 Received August, 15 2018
Passport Data Page Received August, 15 2018
Statement Of Reason Received August, 15 2018

10 minutes ago, J1waiver19 said:

Hello all.

Any suggestions? Do I need to submit other documents or contact DOS ?

Thank you!

Item Action Date

19 minutes ago, J1waiver19 said:

Thank you!

Item Action Date

Hi,

The processing time starts after they receive all documents, so I believe it still too early for any news on that, it may still take 6~8 weeks. Note that it started only after they received the NOS in January. If you do not need sponsor views, this should be enough. If they need any other document they will ask you to send them.

Regards,

Filipi

1 hour ago, Filipi said:

Hi,

The processing time starts after they receive all documents, so I believe it still too early for any news on that, it may still take 6~8 weeks. Note that it started only after they received the NOS in January. If you do not need sponsor views, this should be enough. If they need any other document they will ask you to send them.

Regards,

Filipi

Thanks, I will cross fingers and wait for 2 more weeks.

Edited by J1waiver19

2 hours ago, J1waiver19 said:

Thank you!

Item Action Date

Other documents are basically any other supporting document that you believe could support your waiver decision. For example, in my case, I submitted support letter from my employer for waiver clearance as other document.

This is optional and vary person to person. In my case, I thought it may help decision making process since I am on government funding so I checked 'others' option during online application to submit these additional documents with application packet.

Can I ask one question, why it took so long to update statement of reason, I am curious. When did embassy sent it to DOS and was there any delay?

Let's keep posted on our cases! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.