refugee

Judge Blocks Trump Administration From Adding Citizenship Question To The Census

119 posts in this topic

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
Just now, Randyandyuni said:

I discount most of what you day because of your contentious nature, go find some more big words to impress everyone with your intellectualism

ad ho·mi·nem
/ˌad ˈhämənəm/
adjective
  1. 1.
    (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.
13 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

The majority of the studies I see either based on crime, finances, or taxes mixes both groups together in order to make Illegals look better on paper. Usually when I point this out to people they go quiet on me. 

And the data I cited broke it out.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

I am not attacking your world view in any way shape or form, you claim benefits of non citizens from a liberal sources, I see you knock counter opinions from conservative sources to the contrary, my point was you can't live on an extreme while declaring a different extreme cannot be trusted because it's extreme.

If you can't see the lunacy in that don't accuse me of attacking your world view

I wouldn't call CIS a conservative source. It was founded by a man who believes in eugenics. I don't equate conservatives with racism.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, spookyturtle said:

I don’t get the paranoia so many people have about the Census. It has a lot to do with where your tax dollars get spent. Just answer how many people live in your house and skip the rest of it bothers you. 

You actually believe this?  I guess my view of Washington and all the politicians, lobbyists, and politico hanger-oners of all parties is a bit more jaded.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, refugee said:

I wouldn't call CIS a conservative source. It was founded by a man who believes in eugenics. I don't equate conservatives with racism.

Interesting, similar to Margaret Sanger, did her organization get labeled as a hate group?  You may not fall back to the racism argument, but there are many on the left that do, and the interesting thing is that many on the left are actually just as racist as some on the right.

32 minutes ago, refugee said:

No, in response to my statement about the contributions of "non Citizens" another poster said they didn't pay taxes. That is not true.

You should count to ten before posting

Some of the other data you have posted previously did not. I will look at the source you posted and respond at a later time today. 

3 hours ago, abum said:

we  all know what it means, but you totally missed the point .It was the word attack that was used inappropriately. A reasonable person could describe it as a fallacy 

Filed: Other Timeline
Just now, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

we  all know what it means, but you totally missed the point .It was the word attack that was used inappropriately. A reasonable person could describe it as a fallacy 

have a read of the excerpt from Merriam Webster of the use of Ad Hominem "Attack" there - i pasted there as well, twice it got cited by Merriam Webster.

and if you really dislike it sure, i can retract the word "attack" from that comment of mine, still my comment about it being fallacious with the ad-homimen comment.

1 hour ago, refugee said:

ad ho·mi·nem
/ˌad ˈhämənəm/
adjective
  1. 1.
    (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.

if burying one head's in the sand works, feel free to practice it.

i am fine being proven wrong, but fact remains fact even if one dislikes it (call me out if i got my facts wrong).

Though, reading the tweets from the sitting President, one can clearly see he is contentious in nature (along with other issues like name-calling, and many more), but surprising as well one can still put up with "contentious nature" like that. Something to ponder. 

7 minutes ago, abum said:

have a read of the excerpt from Merriam Webster of the use of Ad Hominem "Attack" there - i pasted there as well, twice it got cited by Merriam Webster.

and if you really dislike it sure, i can retract the word "attack" from that comment of mine, still my comment about it being fallacious with the ad-homimen comment.

if burying one head's in the sand works, feel free to practice it.

i am fine being proven wrong, but fact remains fact even if one dislikes it (call me out if i got my facts wrong).

Though, reading the tweets from the sitting President, one can clearly see he is contentious in nature (along with other issues like name-calling, and many more), but surprising as well one can still put up with "contentious nature" like that. Something to ponder. 

I think most of his supporters here do not approve of his bombastic tweets. Certainly his tweets attacking Mattis are cringe worthy 

Edited by Nature Boy 2.0

2 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

You actually believe this?  I guess my view of Washington and all the politicians, lobbyists, and politico hanger-oners of all parties is a bit more jaded.

I know there is a lot of bs in Washington. But the Census was created with good intent by the founding fathers. And it probably served  its purpose well until WWII when the 1940 Census information was used against Japanese in America, even US born citizens. 

I say anwer how many live live in your household. Massachusetts actually lost a seat in Congress because of population shifts. I vote and I want to be counted. I want my state to get its fair share of Federal Funds. I’m not so paranoid that I worry about answering a few question and suddenly everyone is out to get me, but to each their own. 

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

3 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

we aint talking bout non citizens. we are talking bout illegal criminals

and that is exactly what we have said we are doing ??? Your point ?

No, there are some who avoid the Census like a plague, and it has nothing to do with citizens or illegals. 

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline
1 minute ago, spookyturtle said:

I know there is a lot of bs in Washington. But the Census was created with good intent by the founding fathers. And it probably served  its purpose well until WWII when the 1940 Census information was used against Japanese in America, even US born citizens. 

I say anwer how many live live in your household. Massachusetts actually lost a seat in Congress because of population shifts. I vote and I want to be counted. I want my state to get its fair share of Federal Funds. I’m not so paranoid that I worry about answering a few question and suddenly everyone is out to get me, but to each their own. 

I am fine with telling the census how many folks live in the house, but to be honest I have never received a census in the three previous censuses since I have been independent.  I am not really certain why they don’t want to count me, but apparently they do not.  I also agree the census was created with good intent just like a lot of laws are created with good intent, but lately, well at least the last 20 years or so, it seems most things in that city are turned to political purposes.

2 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

I am fine with telling the census how many folks live in the house, but to be honest I have never received a census in the three previous censuses since I have been independent.  I am not really certain why they don’t want to count me, but apparently they do not.  I also agree the census was created with good intent just like a lot of laws are created with good intent, but lately, well at least the last 20 years or so, it seems most things in that city are turned to political purposes.

It does seem like most of it is politically motivated. The people are more important than the party. Too bad we don’t elect politicians who have this view. I’m the odd man out here. I think a good idea is a good idea regardless of which party came up with it. 

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

1 hour ago, spookyturtle said:

No, there are some who avoid the Census like a plague, and it has nothing to do with citizens or illegals. 

who in this forum said they would not give how many people lived in the house?