trinitylc

I-751 transferred to National Benefits Center without filing N-400, what to expect?

173 posts in this topic

Hello,

Anyone had their I-751 transferred to National Benefits Center in Lee Summit, MO without filing N-400? The letter says the case was transferred for a standard processing. No RFE or interview mentioned. Can anyone tell me what to expect?! Totally losing sleep here. 😢

Edited by trinitylc
Important detail added

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
9 minutes ago, trinitylc said:

Hello,

Anyone had their I-751 transferred to National Benefits Center in Lee Summit, MO without filing N-400? The letter says the case was transferred for a standard processing. No RFE or interview mentioned. Can anyone tell me what to expect?! Totally losing sleep here. 😢

Yes, apparently they are helping with the backlog.

I'm so sorry for being a pain in the neck but, my case wast first received at CSC on July 17, 2017, then transferred to NSC on September 18, 2018. And just recently on January 4, 2019 it was transferred to NBC. So, about that backlog - does it mean they are helping with cases in general (like issuing RFE, etc.) or helping with approvals and printing green cards?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, trinitylc said:

I'm so sorry for being a pain in the neck but, my case wast first received at CSC on July 17, 2017, then transferred to NSC on September 18, 2018. And just recently on January 4, 2019 it was transferred to NBC. So, about that backlog - does it mean they are helping with cases in general (like issuing RFE, etc.) or helping with approvals and printing green cards?

They are helping processing in general.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hmm, I thought that files were transferred to the NBC so they could be subsequently sent to a local office for interview.  Additionally, I have been hearing that I751s were also being called for interviews at this time even without a pending N400, so it may be possible that your I751 transfer to NBC may result in your being called for an interview.

Good Luck!

Edited by Bill & Katya

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline

Mine (divorce waiver) was transferred to NBC 8 months ago apparently to prepare for an interview. Since then have heard nothing from them.

9 minutes ago, AlexNY said:

Mine (divorce waiver) was transferred to NBC 8 months ago apparently to prepare for an interview. Since then have heard nothing from them.

Did your transfer notice letter you've got by mail say it was sent there to schedule an interview? They usually state the reason for transferring your case, like 'as a part of standard processing', or 'for faster processing' or 'to schedule an interview'.

Edited by trinitylc
Grammar mistake

Timeline
1 minute ago, trinitylc said:

Did your transfer notice letter you've got by mail say it was sent there to schedule an interview? They usually state the reason for transferring your case, like 'asca part of standard processing', or 'for faster processing' or 'to schedule an interview'.

It didn't mention an interview. It was something very general like for standard processing. Then when I had a request 2 month after transfer I was told in response that my case had been waiting to be scheduled for an intervew

Mine has this standard processing reason, I also have a divorce waiver. Did you have RFE? And did you submit a lot of documents? 

Timeline
6 hours ago, trinitylc said:

Mine has this standard processing reason, I also have a divorce waiver. Did you have RFE? And did you submit a lot of documents? 

I had RFE in February. They asked me for divorce decree and other proofs. In total I didn't submit a lot of documents.

Since your case had a divorce waiver and transferred to NBC you'll be called for an interview too.

11 hours ago, AlexNY said:

Called USCIS this morning, so far they are swearing that it's a standard workload processing, no RFE or interview needed. I submitted like about 300 pages of different dociments, lots of paperwork indeed! You know, I'd be happy if it's an interview, just not that endless waiting again! 😢

Timeline
1 hour ago, trinitylc said:

Called USCIS this morning, so far they are swearing that it's a standard workload processing, no RFE or interview needed.

I don't remember if I've ever seen anyone's I-751 being transferred for any purpose rather than for following interview. Hope they told you the truth.

I hope they are just overloaded. But even if it's an interview, I'll be happy to answer all their questions to get that nightmare over with. Good luck, Alex.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.