53 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
7 minutes ago, David & Zoila said:

Simple solution:  CANCEL TRIP.

I can't. I have to visit my parents there. Haven't back for 3 yrs. They are expecting me and my husband already. I am starting gathering more documents now. I will organize and double check all the documents together when I am back on March 2. Thank you for you all help. Really appreciate! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

@jaclynxf just do as much as you can before your trip. Regarding the utility bill, is it possible for them to add your name, so there will be 3 names. Not sure if that’s possible but give it a try.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Pengunista said:

@jaclynxf just do as much as you can before your trip. Regarding the utility bill, is it possible for them to add your name, so there will be 3 names. Not sure if that’s possible but give it a try.

conEdison can't do that. Have to close and reopen if any change to the account. Thank you though. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I would definitely do as much as you can before your trip. It will only circumvent the frustration and stress if you wait until the last minute (after you get back in March with a deadline of early April). Even if it just means collecting evidence now and not mailing it off until you get back and can do another once over on everything - that's better than doing nothing until you get back. Plus, you don't want this hanging over your head while you're visiting your parents. You should grant yourselves the opportunity to enjoy that trip as much as possible.

I agree with others about the bank statements - one or two statements a quarter (perhaps one towards the beginning and one somewhere in the middle) should suffice.

I definitely think this a good learning experience, as well, for those of us not yet at Removal of Conditions. It would definitely serve a great purpose to go ahead and start collecting evidence from the very beginning along the way so as to not have to back track as much once the time comes. I will definitely be taking that way from this, and starting a "Removal of Conditions" file in our filing cabinet alongside its cousins, I-129 and I-485. :)

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Wills, powers of attorney, medical powers of attorney, etc. are excellent pieces of evidence. Laws vary slightly by state but you can usually download forms online and fill them out pretty easily.

Timeline
1 minute ago, DSM said:

Wills, powers of attorney, medical powers of attorney, etc. are excellent pieces of evidence. Laws vary slightly by state but you can usually download forms online and fill them out pretty easily.

I submitted medical and property powers of attorney already. I can't resubmit those again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, jaclynxf said:

I was in F1 student visa back in 2014, I don't have income, so I didn't file the tax 2014. My husband's accountant files his tax as"marriage file separately". Can I write a short statement to explain why I didn't have tax 2014?? Otherwise, I don't know how to fix this one.

You and your husband should consider filing tax returns as married filing jointly.  You could file amended returns for the years since marriage as MFJ as it would strengthen your case for a bona fide marriage, as that's what most married couples do since it usually gives you a lower tax bill, unless you have an unusual situation where MFS is better overall for tax reasons.

Timeline
1 minute ago, jaclynxf said:

I submitted medical and property powers of attorney already. I can't resubmit those again.

Great. Submit a will. Or don't. Good luck.

Timeline
1 minute ago, carmel34 said:

You and your husband should consider filing tax returns as married filing jointly.  You could file amended returns for the years since marriage as MFJ as it would strengthen your case for a bona fide marriage, as that's what most married couples do since it usually gives you a lower tax bill, unless you have an unusual situation where MFS is better overall for tax reasons.

We do file our tax jointly. We only didn't do that in 2014.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, jaclynxf said:

We do file our tax jointly. We only didn't do that in 2014.

OK.  3-year time limit to file an amended return for 2014 has passed so you should be good with the letter of explanation for that year.

9 minutes ago, jaclynxf said:

They didn't list those as something they received in the RFE. I would send them again.

If there is anything you sent that ISN'T listed in the RFE, resend it.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ash.1101 said:

They didn't list those as something they received in the RFE. I would send them again.

If there is anything you sent that ISN'T listed in the RFE, resend it.

Not only that, the RFE specifically suggests sending them.

Curious about the living with parents for 7 years of marriage already.   Wouldn’t that raise scrutiny, as it’s more typical for married couples to establish their own households long before then?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Curious about the living with parents for 7 years of marriage already.   Wouldn’t that raise scrutiny, as it’s more typical for married couples to establish their own households long before then?

We can easily take care of parents since we live together.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.