13 posts in this topic

I holding a IR1 visa and I wan to get my son in Philippines what form I should apply for him ,his 20 yrs old not married and I'm divorce .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, gillyn2019 said:

I holding a IR1 visa and I wan to get my son in Philippines what form I should apply for him ,his 20 yrs old not married and I'm divorce .

Wait time is currently 12 years for Philippines 

YMMV

Timeline
6 minutes ago, gillyn2019 said:

Really is that long even I have a sponsored 

Sponsor is not the problem.   The problem is that classification is subject to annual quotas and the line in front for the Philippines is very very very long

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

22 minutes ago, gillyn2019 said:

Can you clarify, do you mean you have a green card based on an ir1 visa? Or you only have the visa and you haven’t entered the US yet (which doesn’t make sense if you’re divorced?)

Edited by SusieQQQ

Re waiting time, see F2B https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2019/visa-bulletin-for-february-2019.html  

for philippines in this category they are currently processing cases from July 2007.

(if your son is already 20 he will certainly age out of F2A)

note that as long as you have a green card only the petition will only remain valid if he stays single. (If you become a citizen then it’s ok if he marries, but then petition changes to F3, which currently adds yet another 12 years to the waiting time)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, gillyn2019 said:

that would help so I have to fill up the f2b

You would file an i130 and then wait for the priority date to become current 

YMMV

I have a IR1 so its ten years visa im here in USA I was marriage 4 yrs more when we came to United states and after 4 yrs we get divorce

19 minutes ago, gillyn2019 said:

I have a IR1 so its ten years visa im here in USA I was marriage 4 yrs more when we came to United states and after 4 yrs we get divorce

You mean, you have a 10-year green card, I presume. The ir1 is the visa you used to enter the US to get that green card. 

I’m not trying to be difficult, but it matters to get it right for people to give the right advice. (If you only had an ir1 visa and no green card you could not yet apply for your son)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.