Chris Duffy

Camigium Island - Reviews

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

Has anyone been there?

If so reviews please. 

Can you fly there now? Or is it still by super shuttle?  Airport was closed down last time I tried to go there........

From cebu via cebu Pacific or pal Express on turbo props

YMMV

48 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

Has anyone been there?

If so reviews please. 

Can you fly there now? Or is it still by super shuttle?  Airport was closed down last time I tried to go there........

I have been there before and it was great. He aware that the majority of the beaches are Volcanic beaches but you can be taken out to a really nice sand bar to have fun out there.  I will write more later. 

We ended up having to fly to CDO and taking a ferry across.

2 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

Any night life?

Or is it like a super province once the sun goes down?

Not really much of a night life unfortunately. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:02 AM, Cyberfx1024 said:

I have been there before and it was great. He aware that the majority of the beaches are Volcanic beaches but you can be taken out to a really nice sand bar to have fun out there.  I will write more later. 

We ended up having to fly to CDO and taking a ferry across.

My fiancé wants to go there when I visit in June. She lives in Iligan City so I think we will try the ferry across from CDO. Do you have any recommendations for there? 

15 hours ago, dnavinnie said:

My fiancé wants to go there when I visit in June. She lives in Iligan City so I think we will try the ferry across from CDO. Do you have any recommendations for there? 

I went there in 2008. Took a supershuttle boat and landed and got a taxi and started checking out hotels, I never pre book anything in Philippines unless I have been there personally.  After looking at about a dozen hotels and the beach front, decided to stay at Golden Sunset Beach Club. price was pretty cheap from what I remember, around 2000 php per day.  We had a ref that was stocked with food and drinks and price per item was sari sari price.  They served Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner there as well, and each room had their own table to eat on in front of the room.  Food was great and cheap.

We rented two motorbikes for 400 or 500 peso per 24 hour period each, drove all over the island.  There are many tourist places to visit, and we went to about 4 springs that were hot or cold or soda, and entrance fee was like 10 peso each.  I think I went to a couple of waterfalls as well, I remember one being pretty impressive.  

There is a white sandbar you can take a pumpboat to, it was well worth the trip.

Overall it was a great place to go, I liked it much better than going to Coron or El Nido

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

3 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

I went there in 2008. Took a supershuttle boat and landed and got a taxi and started checking out hotels, I never pre book anything in Philippines unless I have been there personally.  After looking at about a dozen hotels and the beach front, decided to stay at Golden Sunset Beach Club. price was pretty cheap from what I remember, around 2000 php per day.  We had a ref that was stocked with food and drinks and price per item was sari sari price.  They served Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner there as well, and each room had their own table to eat on in front of the room.  Food was great and cheap.

We rented two motorbikes for 400 or 500 peso per 24 hour period each, drove all over the island.  There are many tourist places to visit, and we went to about 4 springs that were hot or cold or soda, and entrance fee was like 10 peso each.  I think I went to a couple of waterfalls as well, I remember one being pretty impressive.  

There is a white sandbar you can take a pumpboat to, it was well worth the trip.

Overall it was a great place to go, I liked it much better than going to Coron or El Nido

Thanks for the info. It's funny you mention Coron. We went there in December. The boat trips were nice but there wasn't much else to do. I scuba dive but I didn't want to leave my fiancé alone.  Boracay was much better. That has been my favorite place to visit so far. I went there just before they closed it last year. Always something to do there.

50 minutes ago, dnavinnie said:

Thanks for the info. It's funny you mention Coron. We went there in December. The boat trips were nice but there wasn't much else to do. I scuba dive but I didn't want to leave my fiancé alone.  Boracay was much better. That has been my favorite place to visit so far. I went there just before they closed it last year. Always something to do there.

I was in Coron and El Nido in October,  Coron was super province, so boring, El Nido was better if that is saying anything.  I think you will enjoy Camigiun. 

My next trip I want to check out Siargao, where all the wave are.  I have done Boroacay a few times it pretty good, at least at lot of stuff do there.

Take care and report back if you go.

1 hour ago, Chris Duffy said:

I was in Coron and El Nido in October,  Coron was super province, so boring, El Nido was better if that is saying anything.  I think you will enjoy Camigiun. 

My next trip I want to check out Siargao, where all the wave are.  I have done Boroacay a few times it pretty good, at least at lot of stuff do there.

Take care and report back if you go.

I will definitely give feedback about the trip. I haven't heard about Siagao. I will ask my fiancé about that island. I just remembered I went to Bohol a couple of years ago. There is a lot to do there also. I am guessing your fiancé lives on Mindanao also?

17 hours ago, dnavinnie said:

I will definitely give feedback about the trip. I haven't heard about Siagao. I will ask my fiancé about that island. I just remembered I went to Bohol a couple of years ago. There is a lot to do there also. I am guessing your fiancé lives on Mindanao also?

My first wife was from Davao City, and that is when I kinda fell in love with the area.   My current wife is from Albay region

Siargao Island my wife and her family went a few months ago, they had a blast there. So I will explore it when I arrive 

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=W9lSXPCrOcKKtQXlgpygAQ&q=siargao+island&oq=siagro&gs_l=psy-ab.1.1.0i10l2j0l3.324.2610..6696...0.0..0.182.667.6j1......0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0i131.JFV5QFOWj10

7 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

My first wife was from Davao City, and that is when I kinda fell in love with the area.   My current wife is from Albay region

Siargao Island my wife and her family went a few months ago, they had a blast there. So I will explore it when I arrive 

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=W9lSXPCrOcKKtQXlgpygAQ&q=siargao+island&oq=siagro&gs_l=psy-ab.1.1.0i10l2j0l3.324.2610..6696...0.0..0.182.667.6j1......0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0i131.JFV5QFOWj10

18 hours ago, dnavinnie said:

I have heard of Siargao Island and we really want to go to it the next time we are in the Philippines. I have heard it has become a spot for expat surfers as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.