Kozano96

Waiting for I129F, some questions

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi everyone! So, my fiancé and I sent off our i129f around December 10, 2018. We are now looking to update our passports this week as my fiance’s is older and well, I honestly don’t have one yet, but of course I sent in my birth certificate. I checked the i129f about 10 times before sending it in and that is truly no exaggeration. We are looking to update any needed vaccinations too of course for my fiancé before the NOA2, hopefully to god an approval. 

I know that I must do thorough research on the embassy we will have our interview at, amongst other things. 

Well. While my fiancé was here with me, he actually lived with me for 2 months, he lived with me and my family, which I know is unconventional, but I and my family have never been happier than that time actually. They could see how in love we are and he instantly became part of the family. In our i129f, I included pictures of just him and I and also some with us and the family, and letters from my parents stating how they love him as well, and how they’re more than willing for him to live with us until we get steady financially. I basically let the USCIS know we have a plan already financially as well, and included an affidavit of support from both of my parents and all the requirements too (even though I know it’s not necessary yet) and we’re already saving money up as I write this. And my parents meet the financial requirements as well thankfully, very well. 

My question is, with this info I provided which was even more thorough in the i129f than I just stated, what do you think the chances are of getting approved with the NOA2? Because sometimes I’m crawling up the wall with nerves, and other days I’m fine. Thank you so much for your feedback if you choose to and for reading this 🙂 you are helping me so much more than you know ;~; 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Kozano96 said:

Hi everyone! So, my fiancé and I sent off our i129f around December 10, 2018. We are now looking to update our passports this week as my fiance’s is older and well, I honestly don’t have one yet, but of course I sent in my birth certificate. I checked the i129f about 10 times before sending it in and that is truly no exaggeration. We are looking to update any needed vaccinations too of course for my fiancé before the NOA2, hopefully to god an approval. 

I know that I must do thorough research on the embassy we will have our interview at, amongst other things. 

Well. While my fiancé was here with me, he actually lived with me for 2 months, he lived with me and my family, which I know is unconventional, but I and my family have never been happier than that time actually. They could see how in love we are and he instantly became part of the family. In our i129f, I included pictures of just him and I and also some with us and the family, and letters from my parents stating how they love him as well, and how they’re more than willing for him to live with us until we get steady financially. I basically let the USCIS know we have a plan already financially as well, and included an affidavit of support from both of my parents and all the requirements too (even though I know it’s not necessary yet) and we’re already saving money up as I write this. And my parents meet the financial requirements as well thankfully, very well. 

My question is, with this info I provided which was even more thorough in the i129f than I just stated, what do you think the chances are of getting approved with the NOA2? Because sometimes I’m crawling up the wall with nerves, and other days I’m fine. Thank you so much for your feedback if you choose to and for reading this 🙂 you are helping me so much more than you know ;~; 

as long as you submitted all the required papers, you will get an approval of the petition, it will then be up to the embassy, I wouldn't spend the extra money get vaccinations yet, you will only have to pay again when you go to do the medical.

the medical can not be done until you get a letter from the embassy to take when getting medical, try not to stress about it approval for petition can take 6-8 months, over all the process can take up to a year.

be patient the process gets stressful and is very nerve racking. just relax sit back nothing you can do now but wait.

there will be pending background checks for both, I don't think I have ever seen a K1 denied at USCIS, only at interview have I seen them deny. If your not from a high fraud country, you can be certain things will be fine and you will be together hopefully by end 2019.

Edited by Khallaf

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

There is NEVER any guarantee that you get approved (not saying this to scare you, just want to let you know that what we say here is based on our experiences, not that we guarantee anything), but when you've included everything in your packet, you and him have no criminal background, he never overstayed a visa, he's not from a high fraud country (it seems he's from Ireland, so you're good on that one) the chances are extremely high you get approved. :) I know it's hard, but try not to drive yourself crazy. If everything checks out you'll be fine. Don't get any shots before you get your medical, the doctor will determine if you need anything and give the ones that are necessary (if any)

I'm just like you, and when we were in the K1 process my now husband used to say 'the officers working for USCIS are not there to make your life difficult, they simply do a job. They'll make a decision based on the guidelines they got, not their own emotions'  So hang in there, it's gonna take a while before you will get any news. Enjoy when you're together and before you know it he's living with you in the US :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.