CLUAE

ofw Fiance leaves employer will affect k1 visa process?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 minutes ago, CLUAE said:

i would like to ask if an ofw fiance left his/her employer(not finishing contract of employment) and went back to home country( where he/she wants to have interview) while K1 visa on process will affect K1 visa approval? 

No, the K1 pretty much ignores the beneficiary's employment. But, if you have lived in that country as OFW more than 6 months, u will need a police clearance from there also.

The line for visa is much longer in Manila, something to consider.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

Explain?

the volume of visa applications in Manila vs most OFW countries (GCCs) is very different.  There is very little if any waiting for medical, interview, etc in many of the GCCs.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
50 minutes ago, TandSarahJane said:

the volume of visa applications in Manila vs most OFW countries (GCCs) is very different.  There is very little if any waiting for medical, interview, etc in many of the GCCs.

Yes but the volume of visa appointment slots matches the volume.   As an example,  Manila opened 300 appointment slots for a  single day

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there... I think it will not affect K1 visa approval.. I am an OFW myself, worked in Saudi Arabia for 8 years, and as per USEM requirement (that if you stayed in other country for more than 6 months) I secured a police clearance, with English translation and authenticated by the Philippine Consulate of Saudi Arabia. It didn’t affect my approval though it quite affected the petition process because they do a Background check and whenever my petitioner follows up from USCIS and NVC they told us that Arab government is quite slow in responding to them and they even had to send another letter request of clearance checks for me. Even though you didn’t finish your contract, as long as it’s settled and you are cleared from your previous company, as long as you’re not AWOL and able to have a police clearance, everything’s fine. As much as I wanted to process my petition in US Embassy of Saudi Arabia, as I inquired, they don’t process K1 visas (K1 visas as they say should be processed in your home country), they only accept working related visas and tourist visas there. Maybe it depends upon the USEM of each country..

Just FYI, I have a colleague (an OFW) who went AWOL and is also petitioned for K1 visa, but since she was not cleared from our company, she left a bank loan and even though she asked her boss to fix her situation, they won’t issue her a police clearance and so now she can’t push through with her K1 visa..

hope this helps.. good luck to you!

Timeline
15 minutes ago, lovemeow said:

Hi there... I think it will not affect K1 visa approval.. I am an OFW myself, worked in Saudi Arabia for 8 years, and as per USEM requirement (that if you stayed in other country for more than 6 months) I secured a police clearance, with English translation and authenticated by the Philippine Consulate of Saudi Arabia. It didn’t affect my approval though it quite affected the petition process because they do a Background check and whenever my petitioner follows up from USCIS and NVC they told us that Arab government is quite slow in responding to them and they even had to send another letter request of clearance checks for me. Even though you didn’t finish your contract, as long as it’s settled and you are cleared from your previous company, as long as you’re not AWOL and able to have a police clearance, everything’s fine. As much as I wanted to process my petition in US Embassy of Saudi Arabia, as I inquired, they don’t process K1 visas (K1 visas as they say should be processed in your home country), they only accept working related visas and tourist visas there. Maybe it depends upon the USEM of each country..

Just FYI, I have a colleague (an OFW) who went AWOL and is also petitioned for K1 visa, but since she was not cleared from our company, she left a bank loan and even though she asked her boss to fix her situation, they won’t issue her a police clearance and so now she can’t push through with her K1 visa..

Us embassy to Saudi Arabia in Riyadh does k-1.   Many ofw interview there.

What country is withholding the  PC?

YMMV

12 hours ago, CLUAE said:

i would like to ask if an ofw fiance left his/her employer(not finishing contract of employment) and went back to home country( where he/she wants to have interview) while K1 visa on process will affect K1 visa approval? 

No, it will not affect the K1 at all. My asawa left her job in Qatar and it has no effect on her visa at all.

22 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Us embassy to Saudi Arabia in Riyadh does k-1.   Many ofw interview there.

What country is withholding the  PC?

She is saying that KSA is withholding the PCC which @lovemeow your friend should be able to process the K1. Do you know for sure about that are you just speculating about this, have they actual went to the interview yet?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

She is saying that KSA is withholding the PCC which @lovemeow your friend should be able to process the K1. Do you know for sure about that are you just speculating about this, have they actual went to the interview yet?

Agreed.  If its ksa then the withholding is not because of AWOL but because it is not available 

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 hours ago, CLUAE said:

Nope.  No issue.

Like said by other, if there is any issue it will be with obtaining a police clearance .. but that depends on what country.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

7 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

No, it will not affect the K1 at all. My asawa left her job in Qatar and it has no effect on her visa at all.

Thank you. By the way, She resigned or AWOL? 

19 hours ago, TandSarahJane said:

No, the K1 pretty much ignores the beneficiary's employment. But, if you have lived in that country as OFW more than 6 months, u will need a police clearance from there also.

The line for visa is much longer in Manila, something to consider.

Thank you. 😊

7 hours ago, lovemeow said:

Thank you for the info.😊 your friend cannot get pulis clearance because she went AWOL? Or because she is no longer in KSA when she request for PC? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.