Tsh

No joint account or joint property--only money transfers

35 posts in this topic

On 1/14/2019 at 5:43 AM, Tatianne said:

Yes, I already gathered all our conversations and posts on social medias, pictures for 4 years,  tickets, etc.. So far I have 158 pages in Word Document. :) Thank you for your response.

We were approved and all I had was my wife's name on my work health insurance.  No chat logs, no joint accounts or leases.  I have also filed my 2018 taxes as "married filing jointly".  

All you need to get an ITIN is a wet signed W7 requesting the number and the passport.  That get sent along with your tax return to the IRS.  They will return the passport as soon as they review the W7.  It is quicker if you put a self addressed stamped envelope in the package.

6 hours ago, Mr. Bama said:

I am mailing my tax papers off this Friday. i am filing married jointly with my wife. I submitted my I-130 3 weeks ago and my wife is still in her own country. It is a way to do it. If you email in my inbox I will share with you. I think its better if you file married jointly from what i read about getting a VISA for the spouse. it only shows stronger ties instead of filing separate, but everyone situation is different. My

Do you have her ITIN?  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Hijack post and replies to said post removed; if you have your own question, you need to start your own thread.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

7 hours ago, John & Rose said:

We were approved and all I had was my wife's name on my work health insurance.  No chat logs, no joint accounts or leases.  I have also filed my 2018 taxes as "married filing jointly".  

All you need to get an ITIN is a wet signed W7 requesting the number and the passport.  That get sent along with your tax return to the IRS.  They will return the passport as soon as they review the W7.  It is quicker if you put a self addressed stamped envelope in the package.

Do you have her ITIN?  

According to IRIS a ITIN wil b issued before they process the tax return. Thats why you send in the W7 and tax return at the same time along with identification. I sent a copy of my wife passport. Her foreign drivers license. A certified translation of her birth certificate and our marriage certificate.i think they will process the return with the ITIN and then send the ITIN number to us for futire use

36 minutes ago, Mr. Bama said:

According to IRIS a ITIN wil b issued before they process the tax return. Thats why you send in the W7 and tax return at the same time along with identification. I sent a copy of my wife passport. Her foreign drivers license. A certified translation of her birth certificate and our marriage certificate.i think they will process the return with the ITIN and then send the ITIN number to us for futire use

Correct. Rose signed the W7 and sent it to me. I should have it in 2 weeks. They need the original passport and a wet signature. I will send it all to Austin Texas. They should send the passport back as soon as they are done with it. I am enclosing a priority mail envelope for them to use. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2019 at 1:19 AM, John & Rose said:

Do you have her ITIN?  

So is it better to file jointly even your spouse is in the Philippines? My husband says we file separately as married because they will need SS# from me which I don't have. I'm confused. We still haven't sent our I-130 because we're still organizing everything.

Oh, and your NOA2 was fast. How come it only took a few months? Did you expedite it? Thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Tatianne said:

So is it better to file jointly even your spouse is in the Philippines?  Usually

My husband says we file separately as married because they will need SS# from me which I don't have. You can get an ITIN until you are eligible for SSN which then allows a Joint filing

YMMV

On 1/31/2019 at 9:40 AM, John & Rose said:

Correct. Rose signed the W7 and sent it to me. I should have it in 2 weeks. They need the original passport and a wet signature. I will send it all to Austin Texas. They should send the passport back as soon as they are done with it. I am enclosing a priority mail envelope for them to use. 

Hello. Any update on filing as married jointly on your tax while your wife is still in the Philippines? Thank you. Still trying to figure this out. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Tatianne said:

Hello. Any update on filing as married jointly on your tax while your wife is still in the Philippines? Thank you. Still trying to figure this out. 

If filling MFJ give you a big tax break, then apply for ITTN is a best choice. If not, you can fill as MFS( no spouse ITTN or SSN required), and you can amended it later when your spouse come to the States.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Tatianne said:

You can get an ITIN until you are eligible for SSN which then allows a Joint filing

-How can I be eligible for SSN? What are the steps on how to do it? Thank you.

For you...  green card

YMMV

Timeline

In addition, if you want to get ITIN for MFJ to prove your relationship. Well, USCIS or Embassy do not put too much weight on this. Focus on the evidence which you spend time together.

1 minute ago, H&T said:

In addition, if you want to get ITIN for MFJ to prove your relationship. Well, USCIS or Embassy do not put too much weight on this. Focus on the evidence which you spend time together.

Ok, got it! Will just file separately. Thank you so much! 

14 minutes ago, H&T said:

If filling MFJ give you a big tax break, then apply for ITTN is a best choice. If not, you can fill as MFS( no spouse ITTN or SSN required), and you can amended it later when your spouse come to the States.

ok, noted. I'm the one from the Philippines. I've checked your timeline, how did you do it smoothly? Did you expedite it?  Oh, and did you submit affidavit of your marriage from friends? 

Timeline
Just now, Tatianne said:

ok, noted. I'm the one from the Philippines. I've checked your timeline, how did you do it smoothly? Did you expedite it?  Oh, and did you submit affidavit of your marriage from friends? 

Research before filling so I'm RFE free( it will save time with no RFE). I'm not submit any affidavit since it not have too much weight. My advice is do your homework before filling to avoid RFE since RFE will delay the whole process.

1 minute ago, H&T said:

Research before filling so I'm RFE free( it will save time with no RFE). I'm not submit any affidavit since it not have too much weight. My advice is do your homework before filling to avoid RFE since RFE will delay the whole process.

Yeah, true! That's why it takes us a long time to file, been researching a lot. How many pages of evidence together did you submit? I've read it's Quality over Quantity. We've been together for 4 years but I just try to choose important ones. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.