craftercool

About sending pictures as evidence.

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi there community!

I'm about to start with my Green Card's ROC. Visa Journey has been very helpful on this and I've been reading a lot of this forum's topics, though, I have a doubt about sending pictures of our marriage as evidence. Since we don't have many other things like leases, car payments, etcetera I will send full detail of a few trips we've made together, so, straight to the point, should I send our pictures printed on papers or the actual physical photographs (like the ones we used to reveal in the 90s)? 

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Edited by craftercool

Printed on paper. 

We copied and pasted using Microsoft Word., 2 to a page, in color, one-sided. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Timeline
3 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

Printed on paper. 

We copied and pasted using Microsoft Word., 2 to a page, in color, one-sided. 

Excellent! That's how I thought, just wanted to confirm. Thank you! 👋

sure thing

I-751 journey

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Luxembourg
Timeline
1 hour ago, craftercool said:

Excellent! That's how I thought, just wanted to confirm. Thank you! 👋

Write also a note under every picture where it was taken etc. Good luck!

And laser printer copies (color) if possible; we sourced it to Staples.  Avoid home-based inkjet-type printers, due to quality. 

I-751 journey

Timeline
3 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

And laser printer copies (color) if possible; we sourced it to Staples.  Avoid home-based inkjet-type printers, due to quality. 

Hopefully they'll be able to give me a good-enough quality at Office Depot 😉

Thank you.

I printed my pictures on photo paper and picked them up at CVS. Either way works :) Good luck!

AOS i-130, i-485 & i-765 in New York (Queens field office)

12/29/2014 - Priority Date; receipt number starting with MSC

1/2/2015 - Fingerprint fee accepted

1/26/2015 - Case suspended - RFE sent out

2/3/2015 - Fingerprint done at Jamaica Center, Queens

2/11/2015 - RFE received - Case resumed

3/2/2015 - EAD ordered

3/13/2015- EAD card mailed out -- received it 3 days later

7/8/2015 - AOS interview ready to be scheduled for an interview

9/27/2015 - AOS Interview scheduled for Nov 3

11/3/2015 - AOS interview

12/11/2015 - APPROVED!!!

ROC (Vermont Service Center)

10/3/2017 - Sent out ROC package to VSC

10/6/2017 - Date on NOA (Received NOA on 10/16/2017)

11/6/2017 - Biometrics done

8/15/2018 - Extension letter for 18 months received

12/28/2018 - APPROVED! (No RFE, No Interview) 🤸‍♀️ 

1/7/2019 - GC delivered

N-400 (Queens field office)

1/22/2019 - N400 delivered to Dallas, TX.

1/25/2019 - Check cashed

2/12/2019 - Biometrics appt

8/26/2019 - Interview scheduled

10/3/2019 - Interview - APPROVED

10/30/2019 - Oath

We also did the same - scanned pictures and printed onto paper using Word.This allowed us to then put a 'caption' under each photo of when, where, and occasion (ie. Christmas 2010, etc) as applicable. We also arranged photos in order so as to make a photographic timeline of our life together up to that point. I think this really helped our cause, and we could be seen to be quite genuine as my hair and beard clearly get progressively more grey throughout the photos! :)

17 hours ago, craftercool said:

Hi there community!

I'm about to start with my Green Card's ROC. Visa Journey has been very helpful on this and I've been reading a lot of this forum's topics, though, I have a doubt about sending pictures of our marriage as evidence. Since we don't have many other things like leases, car payments, etcetera I will send full detail of a few trips we've made together, so, straight to the point, should I send our pictures printed on papers or the actual physical photographs (like the ones we used to reveal in the 90s)? 

You could do either, I handcrafted a photo album, scrapbook style with a lot of pictures and the tags, I printed them from my phone onto the cvs app and picked them up and put my “evidence file” together for our aos packet, so either way works (we have tons of pics cause we visited quite a lot). Doing the same for our interview because sometimes the IO asks for pics so it’s better to print them out 90’s style if you’re called for interviewing on ROC. 

Make it as simple as possible.  Its going in a folder and really only you care how pretty it is.  

What else do you have beyond photos? 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Korea DPR
Timeline
19 hours ago, craftercool said:

Since we don't have many other things like leases, car payments, etcetera I will send full detail of a few trips we've made together, so, straight to the point, should I send our pictures printed on papers or the actual physical photographs (like the ones we used to reveal in the 90s)? 

You don't have cable bills, electricity bills, joint account, insurance etc in both names? After two years of marriage why is that the case? You can do the pictures on paper however you need to recognize pictures are not viewed as strongly as commingling of finances. Positive vibes your way and good luck.

I am not in this world to live up to your expectations,

Neither are you here to live up to mine.

I don't owe no one no obligation 
So everything is fine, fine

I said, I am that I am I am, I am, I am

3 hours ago, Mellamanlola said:

because sometimes the IO asks for pics so it’s better to print them out 90’s style if you’re called for interviewing on ROC. 

How is looking through some 4x6 photos any different than looking at 2-3 4x6 photos on a sheet of paper?  At least on the paper you can write under the photo who is involved and when, vs having to write on the back making it easier for the IO to read the information related to the photo. I am curious to your reasoning?  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.