Xyooj509

US Embassy in Laos

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

I tried to look up the US Embassy for Laos on this site but its a blank screen. 

Has anyone here ever dealt with Laos US Embassy? Looking for advice and what to do next after Noa2.

I know every Embassy is different and I can't find any information for Laos. 

Thanks in advance. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
1 minute ago, accumbyte said:

Thank you but i'm looking for the Embassy instructions. Such as what forms they need and when to schedule medical/Interview. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from K1 Process & Procedures to Asia: East and Pacific regional forum; OP is asking for Laos specific answers.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Timeline

Nyoob Zoo! First of all congrats. Ok first you wait 30 days after NOA2. Thats how long USCIS takes to send the petition to the National Visa Center for processing. Than call the National Visa Center to check if they have issue a NVC Case # for your petition.

For Laos its should be something like this VNTXXXXXXXXXX. From there NVC will forward the approve petting to the US Embassy in Laos.

So it takes 70-90 days from USCIS->NVC->Embassy.

PM me or reply to this thread if you have any question.

Edited by sirvang

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

Current process:

Once you get a VNT# you can start the process of of filling out the DS 160 application for VISA. You will need the confirmation number from the DS 160 in order for you to pay the fees and schedule your interview appointment online. You will also need to go, and create an account. Here is the link for you https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/  Once you pay for the visa fee then you can schedule your appointment. You will need the receipt number after paying for the visa application. After scheduling your appointment then you can go and get the medical check up done. You will need to give the clinic your spouses VNT number to them. The cost of the DS 160 is $2368000 kip which can be paid @ any ALCEDA Bank in Laos. You will need to print out the pay slip from the web address above. I suggest getting your medical check up one month in advance just to make sure everything clears up. 

Let me know if you still have question.. 

Timeline

Hi and thank you for the valuable information. I'm still waiting for Noa2 but my cousin has received his and is currently waiting for NVC to respond. You said the visa can be paid online or does it have to be done in laos? Do you fill out the DS160 once you received the NVC number or wait until they send it to laos? 

Timeline

Don't wait for NVC to respond they can take up to several months. Just wait 2-3 weeks and then call NVC, and ask them for the case number. It will start with VNTxxxxxxxx. Once you have the VNT number you can start the DS160 application, then pay the DS160 fee (your only able to pay in Laos @ ACLEDA Bank), and then schedule your interview. The last I check they are out to end of March beginning April appointments so the earlier you are to complete this the sooner you will get an interview date. You can check on a daily base to see if anyone cancels there appointment and you can re-schedule yours. 

Timeline

Does the fiancé in Laos have to do any paper work before you can schedule the appointment? I heard they are suppose to wait for a response from the US embassy in laos to pick up a package to complete then once they summit, they do medical exam and then interview? 

Timeline

That's not the case anymore. As for the medical checkup. There isn't a packet to give them anymore since that is all done behind the scenes. All they need from her is the VNT number. They will need to bring the below documentation when they go to the interview. I have a copy of that doc, and I can email you if you give me your email address. She will need to bring all the originals such as family book, birth certificate, police certificate, passport, two visa style photo etc.. If she looks young they might ask for the original family book. If you don't then you should have her bring all her school certificate with the correct DOB, and name. It's harder to get approvals these days for a K1.

Edited by peteryang2981

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 11:36 PM, peteryang2981 said:

Don't wait for NVC to respond they can take up to several months. Just wait 2-3 weeks and then call NVC, and ask them for the case number. It will start with VNTxxxxxxxx. Once you have the VNT number you can start the DS160 application, then pay the DS160 fee (your only able to pay in Laos @ ACLEDA Bank), and then schedule your interview. The last I check they are out to end of March beginning April appointments so the earlier you are to complete this the sooner you will get an interview date. You can check on a daily base to see if anyone cancels there appointment and you can re-schedule yours. 

Peter, 

Do I fill out the DS160 online or she have to do it, since it required a signature.  As I understand I thought you pay the DS160 fee online then send her the money for medical exam and visa fee so she pay it over there.

My fiancée don't have a mail box.  how will they contact her or send her letter and package?

Filed: Timeline
11 hours ago, akirax said:

Peter, 

Do I fill out the DS160 online or she have to do it, since it required a signature.  As I understand I thought you pay the DS160 fee online then send her the money for medical exam and visa fee so she pay it over there.

My fiancée don't have a mail box.  how will they contact her or send her letter and package?

There is no fee for the DS-160. However there is a $265 fee when your fiance schedule a interview online though.

Do your fiance know English? Is there anyone in Laos , family / friends that can help her fill out the DS-160?

Timeline

We just scheduled the interview for my fiancee's K-1 visa. First available appointment was May 8th, 2019. 

Does anyone know why there is such a long delay for an interview at this embassy? It's frustrating getting to this point after such a long wait only to have to wait another 4 months.

When should we go have the medical exam done? Since the interview has been scheduled can we do it now or should we wait until closer to time for the interview?

Timeline

The DS160 is the visa application, and it can be filled out by you. Just make sure she is aware of the document and it's contents. Take the DS160's confirmation number, and associate it to the account created at the below website. You will have to print out the payment information for your spouse to go and pay in Laos. Use this link to go and create your account. https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ Once the ds-160 is paid for you will take that receipt number, and add it to the account online. It will take 24 hours for it to update after making the payment to the bank. Once all of that is completed then here comes the good part. You will be able to schedule her appointment. After the interview if she passes, and I pray she does. They will ask her to come in a week to pick up the visa and the package. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.