israelidude

N-400 interview "a decision cannot be made at this time"

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Santos12 said:

My interview went fine. During the interview the IO seemed like she was going to approve me but at the ended she said she couldn't approve me yet because of pending background checks. I thought to myself, after 8 months waiting?

Was your interview in Philadelphia? I dont know how fast the Philly office work. I assume its turtle pace.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Santos12 said:

You should be fine. From what you said there is no apparent reason for a denial. When was your interview? Give it a few weeks. You can also make requests online. But yes, it is unfair that we get pushed to the end of the line.

I also think that it was a little unprofessional of her to say that she is busy and that she had more interviews to do. I don't know why an IO would say such thing. 

Yes, she was talking to herself throughout the interview saying things like: "I'm clicking this button but its not working.", "I cant get back to the previous page." etc..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, israelidude said:

Was your interview in Philadelphia? I dont know how fast the Philly office work. I assume its turtle pace.

I had my interview in Newark

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
21 hours ago, israelidude said:

I haven't spent more than 13 days out of the states. I've left the country 5 times over the course of 5 years for no more than 2 weeks at a time.

If you phrased it like this, I can see the confusion. Is the 13 days cumulative?

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

If you phrased it like this, I can see the confusion. Is the 13 days cumulative?

No, I didnt phrase it like that when speaking to her. Its not cumulative. I meant to say that the longest period of time out of the US was 13 days. There were 4 other trips. Each trip is no longer than 5 days. I believe thats less than 6 months in either case. You just need to do the math.. 13 days even if its cumulative its only 13 days. Not 180 days. 13 is less than 180..

Timeline
8 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

You need to be a full 6 months out of the country consecutively for it to be an issue. If you read my Niagara falls story you'll understand where the confusion was. Its not about the number of days. Its the fact that I have an arrival without a departure.. And the IO cannot determine on the spot if that means that I was out of the country for more than 6 months. Or is it a mistake. A rational person would have been able to figure that out on the spot by checking the dates and the location of crossing the border. I crossed the rainbow bridge twice and the Canadian side forgot to stamp me on one of these times. Thats why it looks like I've returned but I never left. When actually I did leave but didnt get stamped. Makes sense?

2 hours ago, israelidude said:

When did you file your N400? My field office is Philly as well - I just filed in early Dec 2018.

I understand where your head is at - it's natural to just want it over and done with... and super frustrating when you can't fix an issue on the spot, and then have to worry that it might be months before it gets resolved...grrrrr indeed.

2 hours ago, israelidude said:

Yes, she was talking to herself throughout the interview saying things like: "I'm clicking this button but its not working.", "I cant get back to the previous page." etc..

Yikes - not a good way to instill confidence in the process

ROC Window Opened: Thursday 7th December 2017

Posted Package: Friday 8th December

Package Received at USCIS: Monday 11th December

Check Cashed: Thursday 21 December

NOA Received: Wednesday 27 December

NOA Dated: Tuesday 12 December

Biometrics Letter Received: Saturday 13 January 2018

Biometrics Letter Notice Date: Friday 5 January

Biometrics Appointment: Wednesday 24 January

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 30 July (in an envelope from 'Potomac Service Center' Arlington VA)

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 08 August (in an envelope from 'Vermont Service Center' St Albans VT) different version!

On February 27, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

N-400 Applied 7th December 2018

N400 Interview 11th July 2019. Ended up being a ROC combo interview

ROC Approved 11th July 2019 (a few hours after interview)

N-400 Approved 11th July (a few hours after interview)

Oath Ceremony 22nd July - I am now a US citizen!

I went through Philadelphia:

Thursday July 11: I had my Naturalization Interview

Thursday July 11: A few hours later updated to show Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled

Friday July 12: Oath Ceremony Notice was mailed

Monday July 22: Oath Ceremony

Wednesday July 24: Certificare of Naturalization was mailed

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ausa said:

When did you file your N400? My field office is Philly as well - I just filed in early Dec 2018.

I understand where your head is at - it's natural to just want it over and done with... and super frustrating when you can't fix an issue on the spot, and then have to worry that it might be months before it gets resolved...grrrrr indeed.

Yikes - not a good way to instill confidence in the process

Yea this whole thing is weird. I do think they need to do a better job. I just hope this wont cause this to go on for months and month. I heard some people had to hire a lawyer after 120 days to get things going again.

Timeline

Also, I find it troubling that there is no consistency between similar cases. That just tells me that they are doing everything by hand. Not using databases and technology to collect the data and the information. If they have done that you'd hear similar timelines throughout. But one person gets a response after a week. Others after a month. Some dont get anything at all. Some have to wait 120 days. Very in consistent results. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

My status changed yesterday to "case was submitted for quality review based on an approval recommendation".

Seems like it's going through! The message says theyll let me know when is the oath ceremony by mail.

10 hours ago, israelidude said:

My status changed yesterday to "case was submitted for quality review based on an approval recommendation".

Seems like it's going through! The message says theyll let me know when is the oath ceremony by mail.

Congrats - you must be so relieved! 

When did you file your N400?

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 30 July (in an envelope from 'Potomac Service Center' Arlington VA)

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 08 August (in an envelope from 'Vermont Service Center' St Albans VT) different version!

On February 27, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

Thursday July 11: A few hours later updated to show Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled

Just now, israelidude said:

I filed February last year. Yes very relieved! Thanks!

You are sooo close now 😃

Let us know how your ceremony goes!

Timeline

So I checked the online status checker for my status again and it says: "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed"

But when I log into my USCIS account its still not updated. Is there a lag between the two?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.