17 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume8-PartB-Chapter9.html

4. Vaccines Not Routinely Available Abroad “National vaccination shortage” principles do not apply overseas. In the context of overseas vaccinations, the term panel physicians use to indicate the unavailability of a vaccine is “not routinely available.” Therefore, if the adjustment applicant is permitted to use the vaccination assessment completed overseas, [11] then officers should not find the applicant inadmissible solely based on the lack of the vaccine(s) that is “not routinely available.” Officers should also not issue an RFE for corrective action. USCIS will grant a blanket waiver in these cases.

Here’s the thing. It’s not a “shortage”. He just couldn’t find it at multiple places. I’m sure it was available somewhere but he was not able to get it. As I said, the doctor told him the form was not complete. I guess I’ll just figure this out on my own. Thank you for helping. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 1/11/2019 at 12:37 PM, whatdoyouwant said:

I did a lot of research, but have a simple question.

My fiance, (now wife) did her medical exam in late 2018.

I assume her DS 3025 was included in her sealed K-1 Visa packet, but I do not have a copy.

Can I simply assume the DS 3025 is valid and therefore I do not need submit an I-693 with her I-485, AOS?

You should ALWAYS ask for a copy of the DS-3025 at the time of your medical. Far from all doctors bother to hand out copies to people on their own accord, simply because it's not their issue if the immigrants didn't do enough research to know they needed it for the next step in the immigration process. The doctors won't exactly get in trouble for not giving you a copy you didn't care to ask for, but YOU might. Therefore it's up to you to be on top of things.

Always, always do your research. Always, always keep yourselves updated and plan for the future to avoid unnecessary issues with the immigration. It's difficult as it is, you will want to make it as smooth as possible.

That said, missing the DS-3025 doesn't exactly mean you can't get a greencard, it only means you might have to go through some extra hoops and might have to spend (a lot of) extra money to get there.

Also, the sealed envelope does have the original DS-3025 inside, along with the rest of the medical results (I asked for a copy of the whole medical, not just the DS-3025, so I know what it looks like), so you'd think sending an extra copy with the I-485 shouldn't even be necessary. And throughout my years here on VJ I do believe I remember cases where people didn't include the DS-3025 but were approved just fine (without having to get an i693, and the DS-3025 was marked complete). How common that is I can't say, and I don't know if they even RFE you for not sending an extra copy of the DS-3025. Since "everyone" here on VJ sends a copy anyway we just don't see enough cases where people didn't include it.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.