gwt1971

K1 Visa Interview Bogota

31 posts in this topic

When was the last time you spoke to her?

You should already have her Passport info if you are filing for her. In fact, you should have all info about her at this point (addresses, full name, work history, ect). 

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 minutes ago, gwt1971 said:

I think she made the payment at the bank. I told her before sending the money that I will take care of it online and pay for it. But her reply was that she will take care of it and asked that I send the money to her.

Ok, if you pay at the bank then you have to go to a website the embassy provides and validate the payment with the information at the receipt the bank gave her. If she just made the payment and didn't validate it then nothing will ever happen because they don't even know the fee has been paid.

Check at the embassy website and find the website to validate the payment with the ticket she should have from the bank.

NOA 1 *NEW* USCIS website: March 01, 2018

RFE USCIS website: September 26, 2018

RFE Hard copy: October 01, 2018

RFE Response Sent:  October 10, 2018

RFE Received by USCIS:  October 16, 2018

NOA2!!!!! *NEW* USCIS website: November 2, 2018

NVC Received: November 14, 2018

NVC Case Number: November 29, 2018

NVC In Transit: December 11, 2018

NVC Ready: December 13, 2018

Medical: February 18, 2019

CAS (Biometrics): February 19, 2019

Interview: February 20, 2019 - APPROVED!

CEAC Issued: Februery 27, 2019

VOH: March 12, 2019

POE: March 23, 2019

Marriage: May 10, 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

At times I have questioned her integrity because my gut was telling me something. She would get upset with me and tell me I hurt her for thinking these things. I feel so stupid.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

When was the last time you spoke to her?

You should already have her Passport info if you are filing for her. In fact, you should have all info about her at this point (addresses, full name, work history, ect). 

I spoke to her yesterday and asked for her passport and her response was she will get back to me and that was 24 hours ago. Have not heard from her since

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
14 minutes ago, gwt1971 said:

No, I have not received her passport number. I didn't get any kind of case number once the case was transferred from the USCIS to the embassy. I don't have any information on NOA1 NOA2. This is the email I got from the embassy yesterday when I was trying to find out the status of her interview:

Good Morning,

Thank you for contacting the Immigrant Visa Unit. According to our records, instructions on how to proceed were sent to the e-mail address ***************.com on September 11, 2018. Please refer to those instructions to get further information on how to book an appointment, pay the visa fee, medical exams and all necessary documents for the interview.

On the other hand I find hard to believe that you have zero information about the process from NOA1. The petiotioner is responsible for the application and you should have received all the mail about the petition and NVC. You can also track the status online. How come you spend the last 8-9 months not knowing anything about a case where you are the sponsor? Who was informing you about the process status and steps?

Something is just not right about your story.

NOA 1 *NEW* USCIS website: March 01, 2018

RFE USCIS website: September 26, 2018

RFE Hard copy: October 01, 2018

RFE Response Sent:  October 10, 2018

RFE Received by USCIS:  October 16, 2018

NOA2!!!!! *NEW* USCIS website: November 2, 2018

NVC Received: November 14, 2018

NVC Case Number: November 29, 2018

NVC In Transit: December 11, 2018

NVC Ready: December 13, 2018

Medical: February 18, 2019

CAS (Biometrics): February 19, 2019

Interview: February 20, 2019 - APPROVED!

CEAC Issued: Februery 27, 2019

VOH: March 12, 2019

POE: March 23, 2019

Marriage: May 10, 2019

Timeline

In Colombia, you have two forms of payment for the embassy interview: credit card (which is instant) and bank deposit. The bank deposit can take days. I have experience after going to that embassy four times before (3 attempts at getting a visitor visa) and those have always been the only two options, and the bank deposit is a PAIN. If you two have enough trust, you should’ve just given her your credit card info. After you put that information, the website immediately lets you schedule and your fiancée gets an email with the receipt number (and you can also track the payment on your credit card website). That’s what my (now) husband and I did.

When she chooses bank deposit (it used to be Helm bank but that one is gone from Colombia, so they now use Itaú bank), the website gives her the option to print a barcode (or form number) and information to take to the bank in person and make the deposit. At the bank, she must have received a paper deposit receipt. The bank payment option is slow and a friend who chose that for her visitor visa had to wait almost two weeks (that was just a couple of years ago, though) for the website to recognize the payment number the bank gave her (that payment number must be typed on the interview scheduling website in order to continue the process). For the bank payment method, your fiancée won’t get any email confirmation for the payment but her only evidence is the receipt she gets from the bank. You can ask her to send you a picture of it.

Also, when the K visa process is at the embassy stage, the receipt number that USCIS gives you on your NOAs no longer applies because embassies are under the administration of the National Visa Center (of the Department of State), while USCIS is an agency of the DHS. For the embassy stage, they use a CASE NUMBER that your fiancée must have received in the emails the embassy sent her. Such number usually starts with the letters BGTxxxxx. That’s what you should use when calling the embassy or contacting the NVC.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, gwt1971 said:

I spoke to her yesterday and asked for her passport and her response was she will get back to me and that was 24 hours ago. Have not heard from her since

Ok, I just read all these new messages. The first step to ask for a fiancée is to file form I-129F with ALL the documentation regarding your fiancée and yourself (copies of passports from BOTH of you and a bunch of evidence of your relationship and your tax returns and paycheck stubs, other forms, etc.); it is usually a thick packet. It can only be done from the US (with a few exceeptions for military personnel stationed abroad, I think) by the petitioner (you). You are the one required to fill out and sign all the paperwork. I actually had to travel to my (then) fiancé in Florida and spend a few weeks there with him gathering all the paperwork and filing. Along with that, you also submit a payment (a check) to USCIS. My point is that whole process is supposed to be done by you alone. And you’re the one to get ALL the NOAs. If your fiancée said she did it all herself from Colombia, you might’ve been scammed.

Also, when trying to get any information regarding your case from the Colombian embassy, you must submit your NVC case number and names and birth dates of both of you. It’s all on the government’s website and on the embassy’s website.

Edited by dnyal

Timeline
8 hours ago, gwt1971 said:

No, I have not received her passport number. I didn't get any kind of case number once the case was transferred from the USCIS to the embassy. I don't have any information on NOA1 NOA2. This is the email I got from the embassy yesterday when I was trying to find out the status of her interview:

Good Morning,

Thank you for contacting the Immigrant Visa Unit. According to our records, instructions on how to proceed were sent to the e-mail address ***************.com on September 11, 2018. Please refer to those instructions to get further information on how to book an appointment, pay the visa fee, medical exams and all necessary documents for the interview.

Did you prepare the application? did you have any involment in preparing I-129F? When did your aplication was approved? Seems very strange that you do not have any of the notifications sent by USCIS. Seems to me that you did not register for e-mail or text notifications. The first mail you must have is the Notice of Action with a receipt number starting with WAC, with that number you can enquire at NVC for a case number, that would start with BGT, you can start from there with the embassy.  Good luck.

®️

Timeline
9 hours ago, HonoraryCitizen said:

If at this very early stage (where she has not even arrived in the USA) you already have reason to lose trust in her word, then you have bigger problems than just a few hundred dollars visa fee to be honest. When trust is gone, everything crumbles and it is even worse in cross national relationships. I sincerely hope it is just a miscommunication between the two of you and not the beginning of a pattern of lies.

Adding to what you just said, why she's not giving her passport number? That's not a good sign either

®️

Timeline
9 hours ago, gwt1971 said:

Thank you everyone. She says she paid it on 11/09/18 and stated that she has not received a confirmation or an interview date. The embassy told me I need her passport number or the embassy case number

I do not know how does it work bank payment, I did mine with a credit card, I do not think It will take that long, when booking my interview back in early december I got my interview 3 weeks later at that time I saw available appointments for january.

®️

Timeline
9 hours ago, Daniela M_______ said:

Consulate will extend it if you havent had the interview by then. Some consulates are backlogged and they can't provide a interview date within the expiration time of NOA2. 

The embassy in Colombia, has pretty good times for interview, I paid my fees in mid december and got my interview 3 weeks later. The embassy does not schedule for you, you do it yourself with available dates.

®️

Hi. 

It is the Petitioner who receives all the formal communication from USCIS via postal services. 

You must have a WAC number and a BOG number, indeed. 

Also you must have her passport number because it is needed for the initial application to USCIS.

Very strange case. 

1 hour ago, gwt1971 said:

I ended the relationship with her. Thank you everyone for your assistance.

You may be heartbroken and upset about this but this may be the best thing to do now. Don’t concentrate on the possible deception and money lost. In the long run, you will see you did not lose much. This will give you time to find true happiness.

Many can learn from your situation. Whether or not your ex was lying or not, that was a lack of trust in the relationship and you chose to acknowledge this and take action. So many times we see people who had red flags waved in front of them yet did not do anything until it was too late.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
9 hours ago, NuestraUnion said:

You may be heartbroken and upset about this but this may be the best thing to do now. Don’t concentrate on the possible deception and money lost. In the long run, you will see you did not lose much. This will give you time to find true happiness.

Many can learn from your situation. Whether or not your ex was lying or not, that was a lack of trust in the relationship and you chose to acknowledge this and take action. So many times we see people who had red flags waved in front of them yet did not do anything until it was too late.

Thank you for the comforting words. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.