Nature Boy 2.0

Sen. Mitt Romney rebuffs Trump’s latest border wall strategy: ‘I don’t want to see a declaration of national emergency’

16 posts in this topic

I might would vote for Hillary over this loser..

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/2019/01/10/sen-mitt-romney-rebuffs/

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

The only national emergency is the one between the ears of the very stable genius in the White House. This is not a National Emergency, the President needs to sign the CR so we can move on from his self inflicted wound.

Thank God some Republicans are growing a pair and are speaking up to the drama queen in chief.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, refugee said:

The only national emergency is the one between the ears of the very stable genius in the White House. This is not a National Emergency, the President needs to sign the CR so we can move on from his self inflicted wound.

Thank God some Republicans are growing a pair and are speaking up to the drama queen in chief.

So you’re ok with ignoring the illegal immigration issue AGAIN?  Because that’s what will happen if Trump caves on the wall money.  The whole can will just be kicked down the road, I’m afraid, if we pass a resolution without the wall included.  As has been done for decades.

Timeline
2 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

So you’re ok with ignoring the illegal immigration issue AGAIN?  Because that’s what will happen if Trump caves on the wall money.  The whole can will just be kicked down the road, I’m afraid, if we pass a resolution without the wall included.  As has been done for decades.

Black and white thinking will only lead to wasted time and resources. Come up with a feasible design, projected cost, and ask for the amount of money needed. Don't ask for a random amount of money and then pursue a pipe dream design.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

53 minutes ago, refugee said:

Black and white thinking will only lead to wasted time and resources. Come up with a feasible design, projected cost, and ask for the amount of money needed. Don't ask for a random amount of money and then pursue a pipe dream design.

I am pretty sure they are asking for a specific amount 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I am pretty sure they are asking for a specific amount 

No I am sure the administration has been all over the board on the cost, the designs, implement, scope, and material. Just last week we switched from concrete to steel.

The fact is Trump talks out his backside, then cannot come through, has not listened to his own people on the topic, refuses to read and only accepts input from spin doctors on TV. 

2 hours ago, refugee said:

No I am sure the administration has been all over the board on the cost, the designs, implement, scope, and material. Just last week we switched from concrete to steel.

The fact is Trump talks out his backside, then cannot come through, has not listened to his own people on the topic, refuses to read and only accepts input from spin doctors on TV. 

He switched from concrete to steel in a failed attempt to negotiate with democrats who didn't want a concrete wall but a "fence" instead. I say we build it out of hemp concrete since hemp is now legal to grow (thanks to Trump and other republicans). I read about a company that developed a hemp based concrete that is stronger and cheaper than regular concrete. 

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, jg121783 said:

He switched from concrete to steel in a failed attempt to negotiate with democrats who didn't want a concrete wall but a "fence" instead. I say we build it out of hemp concrete since hemp is now legal to grow (thanks to Trump and other republicans). I read about a company that developed a hemp based concrete that is stronger and cheaper than regular concrete.

And it's GOT to be tons more fun to build!!  I'd volunteer my time...

Timeline
3 hours ago, jg121783 said:

So what is the current plan? How much will it cost? Are we donating labor?

7 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

And it's GOT to be tons more fun to build!!  I'd volunteer my time...

I saw an estimate that if it was built out of hemp concrete and was built the whole length of the border it would cost $700 million.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

19 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I might would vote for Hillary over this loser..

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/2019/01/10/sen-mitt-romney-rebuffs/

Mitt and Hillary are like peas in pod, Nobody likes either of them, and neither of them will go away.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

19 hours ago, refugee said:

I live in Texas where we actually enforce the laws that are on the books, we don't offer sanctuary to Illegal aliens, and if they are a criminal the law goes after them. If this isn't a National Emergency then what is?

In Texas per the DHS (Department of Homeland Security) :

According to DHS status indicators, over 276,000 criminal aliens have been booked into local Texas jails between June 1, 2011 and December 31, 2018, of which over 186,000 were classified as illegal aliens by DHS.

Between June 1, 2011 and December 31, 2018, these 186,000 illegal aliens were charged with more than 292,000 criminal offenses which included arrests for 539 homicide charges; 32,443 assault charges; 5,695 burglary charges; 36,840 drug charges; 395 kidnapping charges; 15,859 theft charges; 23,487 obstructing police charges; 1,650 robbery charges; 3,428 sexual assault charges; 2,152 sexual offense charges; and 2,949 weapon charges. DPS criminal history records reflect those criminal charges have thus far resulted in over 120,000 convictions including 238 homicide convictions; 13,559 assault convictions; 3,138 burglary convictions; 17,806 drug convictions; 173 kidnapping convictions; 7,064 theft convictions; 11,264 obstructing police convictions; 1,011 robbery convictions; 1,689 sexual assault convictions; 1,148 sexual offense convictions; and 1,280 weapon convictions.

https://www.dps.texas.gov/administration/crime_records/pages/txcriminalalienstatistics.htm

Timeline
1 hour ago, Chris Duffy said:

I live in Texas where we actually enforce the laws that are on the books, we don't offer sanctuary to Illegal aliens, and if they are a criminal the law goes after them. If this isn't a National Emergency then what is?

In Texas per the DHS (Department of Homeland Security) :

According to DHS status indicators, over 276,000 criminal aliens have been booked into local Texas jails between June 1, 2011 and December 31, 2018, of which over 186,000 were classified as illegal aliens by DHS.

Between June 1, 2011 and December 31, 2018, these 186,000 illegal aliens were charged with more than 292,000 criminal offenses which included arrests for 539 homicide charges; 32,443 assault charges; 5,695 burglary charges; 36,840 drug charges; 395 kidnapping charges; 15,859 theft charges; 23,487 obstructing police charges; 1,650 robbery charges; 3,428 sexual assault charges; 2,152 sexual offense charges; and 2,949 weapon charges. DPS criminal history records reflect those criminal charges have thus far resulted in over 120,000 convictions including 238 homicide convictions; 13,559 assault convictions; 3,138 burglary convictions; 17,806 drug convictions; 173 kidnapping convictions; 7,064 theft convictions; 11,264 obstructing police convictions; 1,011 robbery convictions; 1,689 sexual assault convictions; 1,148 sexual offense convictions; and 1,280 weapon convictions.

https://www.dps.texas.gov/administration/crime_records/pages/txcriminalalienstatistics.htm

Fine, but what is the designs, cost and timeline for the wall?

26 minutes ago, refugee said:

Fine, but what is the designs, cost and timeline for the wall?

$18 billion to extend border wall over 10 years

Is what USA Today was reporting

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/01/05/trump-border-wall-proposal/1009584001/