Lucrezia_ITALY

Passport releasing delay after APPROVED K1 bisa

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi everyone.

On Jan. 8th I had my interview at the US Consulate in Naples.

I was told that we provided all the needed documents and that our case was approved 😍

The Consul said to expect my passport in the mail in few days.

CEAC showed Application Received on the same day of the interview and the header changed to Non Immigrant.

Startin from the day after the interview (Jan. 9th) CEAC shows ADMIN PROCESSING and it’s never been updated since then.

Anyone has any idea on why my visa hasn’t been issued yet?

Previous experiences with the Consulate in Italy show that it shouldn’t take more than 3 days to get the passport in the mail.

I’m a little upset, I really thought I would have spent this weekend with my fiancé but no, I’m still stuck here in Italy 😢 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Administrative processing is always required for every case.  Unfortunately, it can not be waived or ex[edited......in your case, it will probably be only a few days (there are cases which take much, much longer).  Congratulations on getting beyond the interview.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
59 minutes ago, Lucrezia_ITALY said:

Hi everyone.

I was told that we provided all the needed documents and that our case was approved 😍

CEAC showed Application Received on the same day of the interview and the header changed to Non Immigrant.

Startin from the day after the interview (Jan. 9th) CEAC shows ADMIN PROCESSING and it’s never been updated since then.

Previous experiences with the Consulate in Italy show that it shouldn’t take more than 3 days to get the passport in the mail.

I’m a little upset, I really thought I would have spent this weekend with my fiancé but no, I’m still stuck here in Italy 😢 

since the CEAC case status has changed to non immigrant this is a great sign give it a few more days and you should have it, it has to be printed and attached to the passport.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, C32 said:

That’s normal. Have patience - the end is in sight. You’ll get it back as soon as they’re done with admin processing :) 

I feel like I don’t have patience anymore lol The Consul said “in few days/less than a week” so I’m hoping they’ll keep the promise and send me my passport asap

I'm assuming this is your first time with a visa from the immigrant visa unit. It typically takes longer than those issued through the non-immigrant visa unit.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, Lucrezia_ITALY said:

Hi everyone.

It's been only 3 days (2 from AP).

You have waited longer than that before so don't lose your mind when you are almost ready to go. 

NOA 1 *NEW* USCIS website: March 01, 2018

RFE USCIS website: September 26, 2018

RFE Hard copy: October 01, 2018

RFE Response Sent:  October 10, 2018

RFE Received by USCIS:  October 16, 2018

NOA2!!!!! *NEW* USCIS website: November 2, 2018

NVC Received: November 14, 2018

NVC Case Number: November 29, 2018

NVC In Transit: December 11, 2018

NVC Ready: December 13, 2018

Medical: February 18, 2019

CAS (Biometrics): February 19, 2019

Interview: February 20, 2019 - APPROVED!

CEAC Issued: Februery 27, 2019

VOH: March 12, 2019

POE: March 23, 2019

Marriage: May 10, 2019

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Daniela M_______ said:

It's been only 3 days (2 from AP).

You have waited longer than that before so don't lose your mind when you are almost ready to go. 

I know, that’s what I keep telling myself.

I’m just done with this whole process and the wait. I want to stay with my fiancé and finally start planning our life together.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Lucrezia_ITALY said:

I’m just done with this whole process and the wait. I want to stay with my fiancé and finally start planning our life together.

That's what we all want too. You are almost there, go to the movies or for a run. Keep yourself busy and fix the expectation, it can take a couple of weeks so...

NOA 1 *NEW* USCIS website: March 01, 2018

RFE USCIS website: September 26, 2018

RFE Hard copy: October 01, 2018

RFE Response Sent:  October 10, 2018

RFE Received by USCIS:  October 16, 2018

NOA2!!!!! *NEW* USCIS website: November 2, 2018

NVC Received: November 14, 2018

NVC Case Number: November 29, 2018

NVC In Transit: December 11, 2018

NVC Ready: December 13, 2018

Medical: February 18, 2019

CAS (Biometrics): February 19, 2019

Interview: February 20, 2019 - APPROVED!

CEAC Issued: Februery 27, 2019

VOH: March 12, 2019

POE: March 23, 2019

Marriage: May 10, 2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lucrezia_ITALY said:

my CR1 took 17 months from start to finish, we will have missed 2 of our wedding anniversary, 1 of which is by choice so he can get a 10 year green card upon arrival.

we have all waited, I waited his AP out for 48 days at last you are not among the unknown ones who get handed a 221G for nothing missing, nothing requested but a mark in AP and it sat there with no information.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
5 hours ago, Lucrezia_ITALY said:

Hi everyone.

Hi there, I messaged you privately! :) 

Facebook group: K-1 Visa Italia 

April 10 2018 US ENTRY (K-1 Visa) 

August 27 2019 GREEN CARD ISSUED

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

I've no idea about USA embassies / consulates in Italy. My recent experience with the US Embassy in Myanmar. Dec 26: my fiancee had her interview. Visa approved. Officer said it would be "1 to 2 weeks".

We then realized that with USA and Myanmar holidays, it could be one week actually meant Jan 7 and not Jan 2, because the holidays were New Years Eve (Myanmar), New Years Day (USA),  Independence Day (Jan 4, Myanmar). 

Sure enough, the day the visa was available to pick up was Monday, January 7. She picked it up that day, and we flew home Tuesday night, getting home early Wednesday morning.

With this process, things move really slow until they don't, and then you need to move fast.

Your visa is likely to be ready in the range of dates you were given.

Amuse yourself by looking for cheap fares to the USA, and be ready to buy. In our case, we just used frequent flyer miles. It's a very simple way to limit costs. Buy the frequent flyer miles up front (really easy to on United.com).

Good luck, and enjoy your life with your betrothed.

Edited by Mike E

10 minutes ago, Lucrezia_ITALY said:

Visa ISSUED today!! 😍

(My case was in ADMIN PROCESSING for 3 days)

thanks to everyone for your support!

Congratulations!!!!

Congrats

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.