Killowatts

Scheduling K1 Interview at Manila Embassy

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The good and bad of this website is that sometimes there is TOO MUCH information and it can be confusing.

The K1 fiance visa guide mentions to schedule the interview right after receiving the NVC letter and that you'd waste 30 days waiting on the embassy letter.

Ok, sounds great, but there was no link given, and the only phone number I get is a recording telling me to go to the website, but the website says that Immigrant Visas should wait for their letter to schedule.

I've scanned past posts and can't seem to find a clear answer, sorry.  Can someone take pity on this dummy and answer:

1.  Can I even manually/directly schedule an appointment at the US Embassy on behalf of my fiance so I know the firm date and can plan flights and activities now (including requesting leave from work)?

2.  SHOULD I manually schedule, or should we just twiddle our thumbs and wait for the embassy letter/packet?

3.   If the answer is that I can and should, HOW DO I DO THAT ONLINE????  I don't see a path for doing so.  If the answer is to call, I guess I have to wait until Monday.

Thanks, as always, for those who take the time to post factual, useful info vs. those who just interject opinions without helping the request.

07/25/2024: Meet at Cebu City Airport

08/9/2023: Petitioner return to United States

xx/xx/20xx: I-129F sent to USCIS Dallas Lockbox via USPS

xx/xx/20xx: Check was cashed; Received text and email from USCIS; case being transferred to CSC

xx/xx/20xx: NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/20xx: NOA2 Email 
xx/xx/20xx: NOA2 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/20xx: NVC Received I-129F 
xx/xx/20xx: NVC Case Number Received

xx/xx/20xx: NVC affirms case is valid to proceed

xx/xx/20xx: NVC forwards Case to Bogota Embassy (email)

xx/xx/20xx: DS160 Filed online

xx/xx/20xx: Fee paid, interview scheduled for xx xxx, registered for Medical
xx/xx/20xx: Medical day 1

xx/xx/20xx: Medical screen

xx/xx/20xx: Medical day 2

xx/xx/20xx: Medical immunizations
xx/xx/20xx: Interview

xx/xx/20xx: APPROVED!
xx/xx/20xx: Visa in Hand
xx/xx/20xx: POE at Indianapolis Airport

xx/xx/20xx: Married

Timeline

Hello!

Have you paid the Visa Fee yet? 

You need to pay first before you can schedule an interview.

You can visit this link to check the instructions on how to make a payment: http://ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-paymentinfo.asp

Note that you can only pay through BPI.  Once you have made the payment, you can use this link to schedule the interview: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph

Side note: All these information are included on the Embassy Letter which will be sent to you (Petitioner) via email. 

Hope this helps!

Edited by LunaEclipse

1 hour ago, RayAndCrisnaLyn said:

The good and bad of this website is that sometimes there is TOO MUCH information and it can be confusing.

The K1 fiance visa guide mentions to schedule the interview right after receiving the NVC letter and that you'd waste 30 days waiting on the embassy letter.

Ok, sounds great, but there was no link given, and the only phone number I get is a recording telling me to go to the website, but the website says that Immigrant Visas should wait for their letter to schedule.

I've scanned past posts and can't seem to find a clear answer, sorry.  Can someone take pity on this dummy and answer:

1.  Can I even manually/directly schedule an appointment at the US Embassy on behalf of my fiance so I know the firm date and can plan flights and activities now (including requesting leave from work)?

2.  SHOULD I manually schedule, or should we just twiddle our thumbs and wait for the embassy letter/packet?

3.   If the answer is that I can and should, HOW DO I DO THAT ONLINE????  I don't see a path for doing so.  If the answer is to call, I guess I have to wait until Monday.

Thanks, as always, for those who take the time to post factual, useful info vs. those who just interject opinions without helping the request.

Let me extend to you links that will take you to different resources that will answer 99% of your questions. Hank has a great website (link is below) that walks you through everything included resources with links.

Link to the Embassy Letter/P3/Checklist

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_gN0SjyLEdkLj1WR7QuBDDJumcvByyGX/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yt5aVD7vlHG-dgnzzKW_5ijRYpkrV5km/view?usp=sharing

Embassy letter for a non-immigrant K=1

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Hank's website

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Additional information can be found here:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/index.html?firstTime=No

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, RayAndCrisnaLyn said:

1.  Can I even manually/directly schedule an appointment at the US Embassy on behalf of my fiance so I know the firm date and can plan flights and activities now (including requesting leave from work)?   YES*

2.  SHOULD I manually schedule, or should we just twiddle our thumbs and wait for the embassy letter/packet?  No reason to wait once CEAC status shows READY

You have your MNL# from NVC?   Did you receive it by calling, email or letter?

*You should wait until CEAC status shows READY before scheduling the visa interview.

You can easily schedule the interview online after the visa fee is paid at BPI.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/visa-payment.html

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/scheduling-interview.html

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Thank you, all.  She is enroute to pay the deposit tomorrow morning (at one of the few BPI branches open on Saturday) and we'll be scheduling shortly.  Much appreciated, although some responses were a bit eyebrow raising.  

1.  Yes, of course we have both our USCIS reciept number and NVC case numbers

2.  Despite registering online and adding our paper case number to the online profile, our case has never been updated on the USCIS website past the march acknowledgement of receipt.  None of the subsequent steps have ever appeared online, they have always come via snailmail and email only, so "checking online systems" is not an option for us, much as I wish they were.

xx/xx/20xx: Check was cashed; Received text and email from USCIS; case being transferred to CSC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, RayAndCrisnaLyn said:

Thank you, all.  She is enroute to pay the deposit tomorrow morning (at one of the few BPI branches open on Saturday) and we'll be scheduling shortly.  Much appreciated, although some responses were a bit eyebrow raising.  

2.  Despite registering online and adding our paper case number to the online profile, our case has never been updated on the USCIS website past the march acknowledgement of receipt.  None of the subsequent steps have ever appeared online, they have always come via snailmail and email only, so "checking online systems" is not an option for us, much as I wish they were.

USCIS case status will not update after the petition approval

For NVC and Embassy you case track at ceac.state.gov (put in the MNL# on the immigrant tracker)

YMMV

Timeline

USCIS case status did not ever update after receipt.  Period.  They also could give no reason when asked.  Great systems.

Timeline
1 hour ago, RayAndCrisnaLyn said:

Why I was asking about the MNL# by email or letter is that you will need one of those for the medical at St. Luke's

http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml#required-docs

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Why I was asking about the MNL# by email or letter is that you will need one of those for the medical at St. Luke's

http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml#required-docs

Its confusing when you say letter or email because the "letter" comes attached to the email so in reality they are one and the same

YMMV

Timeline
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Its confusing when you say letter or email because the "letter" comes attached to the email so in reality they are one and the same

Letters come in an envelope by USPS .

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
15 hours ago, payxibka said:

But NVC does NOT send anything via USPS 

I think sometimes they do.

Just received the NVC letter via post yesterday. That's the letter saying that they will forward the case to USEM Manila.

It took at least 1 month and half to receive that letter via post. Lol. PhilPost sucks.

:)

Timeline
5 hours ago, Hank_ said:

^^^  That letter  ^^^

You said a letter from NVC via USPS.  The previous poster said PHILPOST.  Why would I give a ratsass about a letter via PhilPost when the "letter" is sent to you as an attachment in an email the day the file is shipped to the Embassy.  I have had a copy of the "letter" for more than 6 weeks.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.