rebecca_dc

K-1 visa. Advice needed!

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

I'm just looking for a bit of advice. My fiance and I have just been informed by our lawyer that our I-129F has been approved and will be sent to the embassy. We are thrilled about this news but what is the likelihood that at the interview the visa will be given to us? 

Also My fiance (who is British) accidentally overstayed an F-1 visa by around 90 days a year go. Will this have a huge impact?

If someone could give us some advice that would be great! 

1 minute ago, aaron2020 said:

You will not get the visa at the interview.  It takes them a few days to print out the visa.

Overstays of less than 180 days will not have an impact.  

Thank you! With the first part though I meant more, because our I-129 has been accepted does that mean were likely to be accepted for the official visa?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
2 minutes ago, rebecca_dc said:

Thank you! With the first part though I meant more, because our I-129 has been accepted does that mean were likely to be accepted for the official visa?

No.  No one can tell you what your chances are.  People do get K-1 visa denials after their interviews.  Approval of the I-129 is not indicative of the final outcome. 

Edited by aaron2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.