K@S

Available interview-date moving away super-fast

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, C90 said:

Only cancel once you have booked the new appointment. That's how I did it in Amsterdam. Booked my interview, found an earlier appointment a few weeks later, booked that and after that I canceled my 'old' date. I don't know if it works the same in India, but in Amsterdam you pay the fees first and only after that you can schedule / re-schedule your appointment. That way you never have to pay the fees twice :) 

I thought one must cancel the older one before re-scheduling a new appointment because otherwise, one would have two appointments in the system at the same time (at least for a few minutes or whatever, until the older one is cancelled), on the back of a single fee-number, which might not be allowed by their automated systems BUT if it works the way you have said it does, then that would be very helpful. :) 

34 minutes ago, Jas1305 said:

When you reschedule the interview dates you have to select the ofc first and then interview date once reschedule is updated with new date take the printout of new appointment letter . While going for reschedule first off appear and you can clearly see the slots for the ofc what time for which date but you have to keep a gap betweeb ofc and interview you can keep 3 days gap . I did my ofc on 5th nov delhi and 9 th nov 2018 mumbai interview . If you think the ofc slots are not available while reschedule dont do it stick to the same date .

i made the fee payment at axis bank and 8hrs to 12hrs time to update the fee payment with their system

Why 3 days' gap between ofc & the interview? Can't it be done on the next day, if appointments are available? Maybe it works differently for other visas but in 2017, when an agent had booked my tourist-visa, the interview took place the next day after ofc. Just asking this out of curiosity.

Now, it's almost 12 hours since the payment but I still can't get the fee-number validated; maybe it's because of the fact that it's a Friday, so maybe they'll only update it on Monday. :( 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, K@S said:

I thought one must cancel the older one before re-scheduling a new appointment because otherwise, one would have two appointments in the system at the same time (at least for a few minutes or whatever, until the older one is cancelled), on the back of a single fee-number, which might not be allowed by their automated systems BUT if it works the way you have said it does, then that would be very helpful. :) 

Why 3 days' gap between ofc & the interview? Can't it be done on the next day, if appointments are available? Maybe it works differently for other visas but in 2017, when an agent had booked my tourist-visa, the interview took place the next day after ofc. Just asking this out of curiosity.

Now, it's almost 12 hours since the payment but I still can't get the fee-number validated; maybe it's because of the fact that it's a Friday, so maybe they'll only update it on Monday. :( 

Yes you can do ofc first then next day interview too and fee it will get update for sure its just a patience game 

Timeline

Can someone please help me urgently? Practically, all days next week onward are clickable, so I can book vac/ofc on 13th January, even though it's a SUNDAY? Do vac/ofc places remain open on SUNDAYs? Google says this VAC is only open from Monday to Friday 8 to 5. Are all of these slots really bookable? Furthermore, IF all these are bookable, then is it ok to book vac/ofc more than a month before the Interview? (presuming I can't get an interview-date closer to the vac/ofc)

mumbai vac.png

Edited by K@S

Timeline

Ok, it was a bit of a deer in headlights situation as I wasn't expecting so many slots to be available even for biometrics but nonetheless, I did book 12th February for biometrics & 22nd February for interview. :)

13 hours ago, K@S said:

That's an interesting point. What's the thought-process behind preferring the end of the month? 

Personal availability, travel costs if you need to travel, personal timeline being able to move to the U.S. Lots of factors. Not everyone wants or can do the ASAP interview date. 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
5 hours ago, K@S said:

So I just read my answer back and I realized what I said was weird lol. So in Amsterdam, when you reschedule, your old appointment is automatically cancelled, since its a REschedule. Sorry for the confusion! So I guess it works the same for you. Just schedule a date that would asap, keep an eye on the slots multiple times a day and if something earlier comes up just reschedule for that slot. 

Question:🙄

So for k1 visa, we just filled ds160 and paid fees, it says on traveldocs that we can schedule visa interview next buisness day after 11am.

But i didnt know anything about ofc, what is that ? Do we need to schedule that as well other than visa interview?

Is it medical/vaccination appointment or something else?

Thank you

Islamabad embassy, Pakistan 

Edited by Abcd1234

Timeline
6 hours ago, Abcd1234 said:

Question:🙄

So for k1 visa, we just filled ds160 and paid fees, it says on traveldocs that we can schedule visa interview next buisness day after 11am.

But i didnt know anything about ofc, what is that ? Do we need to schedule that as well other than visa interview?

Is it medical/vaccination appointment or something else?

Thank you

Islamabad embassy, Pakistan 

Ofc/vac whatever one calls it, is where they take our bio-metrics, like fingerprints & photos. This might be a different place than where the interview will take place, so look it up beforehand to avoid confusion on the day of the appointment. Ofc/vac appointment has to be scheduled & attended before the interview-date. Medical/vaccination is done at a medical facility as far as I know, which would likely be different from where ofc/vac & interview would take place. I don't know if the procedure would be exactly the same for Pakistan but in my case, after I was able to validate my fee-payment-number on ustraveldocs, on the next page, I saw the page/image I've posted above, for scheduling ofc/vac appointment, & only after that, I was able to book the interview-date on the next page. You can always contact ustraveldocs-support through the "Provide Feedback" link, they seemed pretty helpful to me, though it may take them several hours to a day to respond back.

Timeline

Regarding the medical, should I be carrying ALL of my medical history/documents to the designated panel-physician, like, everything since my childhood or only the recent/present stuff?

On 1/10/2019 at 11:09 PM, Paul & Marina said:

Riddle me this Missleman. What is the significance of greater depersoned (Demand is sexist language) on interview appointments after a holiday.

Are you being serious here?

On 1/11/2019 at 9:14 PM, K@S said:

Can someone please help me urgently? Practically, all days next week onward are clickable, so I can book vac/ofc on 13th January, even though it's a SUNDAY? Do vac/ofc places remain open on SUNDAYs? Google says this VAC is only open from Monday to Friday 8 to 5. Are all of these slots really bookable? Furthermore, IF all these are bookable, then is it ok to book vac/ofc more than a month before the Interview? (presuming I can't get an interview-date closer to the vac/ofc)

mumbai vac.png

Where did you find this page where you book the appointment? Is this after filling out the DS160?

Timeline
2 hours ago, 2019&beyond said:

Where did you find this page where you book the appointment? Is this after filling out the DS160?

It's from ustraveldocs.com Yes, one has to fill & submit DS-160 on ceac.state.gov, print out the confirmation-page after submitting DS-160 there, then create an account on ustraveldocs.com with the same information as on DS-160, & once you pay the fee as per their instructions & validate MRV receipt number, on the next page, you would likely see a page like the one I've posted, where you would be able to book biometrics appointment-date, & on the next page, you'll be able to book the interview-date. You can contact ustraveldocs.com support through the "Provide Feedback" link, if you have any queries.

17 hours ago, K@S said:

It's from ustraveldocs.com Yes, one has to fill & submit DS-160 on ceac.state.gov, print out the confirmation-page after submitting DS-160 there, then create an account on ustraveldocs.com with the same information as on DS-160, & once you pay the fee as per their instructions & validate MRV receipt number, on the next page, you would likely see a page like the one I've posted, where you would be able to book biometrics appointment-date, & on the next page, you'll be able to book the interview-date. You can contact ustraveldocs.com support through the "Provide Feedback" link, if you have any queries.

That was extremely helpful. Thank you very much.

Timeline

For somebody from Punjab, Does it make more sense to go to Delhi for OFC ??

or to Mumbai but spend like 4 days there for both??  (1 to arrive, second for OFC, third nothing and fourth day for interview)

Timeline

hello! If you don't me asking i saw your got your initial approval in November and then it went to NVC to Mumbai Consulate. After that do you receive the packet 4 information? or how was the process after NOA 2. I applied in October and i'm hoping i get NOA 2 by March or early April and wanted to get a general idea what to expect. Thank you in advance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.