16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello friends, Good news. I received an email from NVC yesterday, my hubby has an interview on February 28th. Thank you friends for all the prayers.  I thank God.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, V&H said:

did your email from NVC have a checklist to bring in when interview ? cause i got once but just the date for interview thank you ...

No, i received just the email no checklist. Thank you

Timeline
Just now, V&H said:

so how we know what to bring to interview or just wait for letter send by mail ?

I guess so or you can check on NVC website. I think it s a general checklist for all.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Adjoa Ofoe said:

Hello friends, Good news. I received an email from NVC yesterday, my hubby has an interview on February 28th. Thank you friends for all the prayers.  I thank God.

I have been online everyday trying to book an appointment as being directed by the embassy since November but all I get is there are no appointment available. I wonder how they are emailing other people with appointment date my case they instructed me to do it myself online.

Wish you and your hubby a successful interview. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
5 hours ago, jefraylee said:

I have been online everyday trying to book an appointment as being directed by the embassy since November but all I get is there are no appointment available. I wonder how they are emailing other people with appointment date my case they instructed me to do it myself online.

Wish you and your hubby a successful interview. 

That's weird because I was able to see two different appointment dates back in November for December bookings. You have to just be persistent and keep checking. Some times it will say no available appointments in the morning, then going back on in the evening there is a date available. 

Timeline
13 hours ago, V&H said:

so how we know what to bring to interview or just wait for letter send by mail ?

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/ACC_Accra.pdf

Please take time out to review this website for more information of what to bring. The interview letters do have a short reminder to bring all originals. You shouldn't need much more if everything was already submitted to the NVC because they forward all of that information for you already. However if you have joint sponsor information or additional evidence you can submit that as well.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jesus is Love said:

That's weird because I was able to see two different appointment dates back in November for December bookings. You have to just be persistent and keep checking. Some times it will say no available appointments in the morning, then going back on in the evening there is a date available. 

I check on the website every 2 hours every day since they sent me the interview package instruction, called the embassy support team to help but all they keep telling me is appointment is under the discretion of the embassy so I should just keep checking. The whole story is we filed on the 14th of November 2018 and got approved on the 23rd November 2018, embassy emailed me with the interview package instruction on the 29th November 2018. I don,t know if the priority date matters when you are booking the appointment online, looks like first come first. 

Timeline

No it doesn't matter. If everything was completed correctly on your profile on the appointment website and you are choosing the correct visa category then there should be no issue. I wasn't allowed to schedule our appointment and yet the system allowed for 2 different appointment dates to be scheduled, which had to be cancelled anyway but the website worked for me in November.  

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/gh/gh-niv-appointmentschedule.asp

(I just logged in and it says next available is January 23, 2019)

Timeline
9 minutes ago, jefraylee said:

I check on the website every 2 hours every day since they sent me the interview package instruction, called the embassy support team to help but all they keep telling me is appointment is under the discretion of the embassy so I should just keep checking. The whole story is we filed on the 14th of November 2018 and got approved on the 23rd November 2018, embassy emailed me with the interview package instruction on the 29th November 2018. I don,t know if the priority date matters when you are booking the appointment online, looks like first come first. 

What is your priority date? 

22 minutes ago, Jesus is Love said:

What is your priority date?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Jesus is Love said:

February 10th 2018

I think the priority date matters a lot because I have my old case which was denied by consular due to their issues with my wife divorce decree. So when I enter the old case number and the priority date it shows there is an appointment available but using the new case number and the new priority date it says no appointment available.

Timeline
1 hour ago, jefraylee said:

I think the priority date matters a lot because I have my old case which was denied by consular due to their issues with my wife divorce decree. So when I enter the old case number and the priority date it shows there is an appointment available but using the new case number and the new priority date it says no appointment available.

I would email the Embassy just to make sure.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.