classiquemle

Issuing CR1/IR1 Visa after Medical Delay - Timeframe

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hi all!

Ugh this process is almost done!  Just a quick question for those of you that had a delay because your medical hadn't arrived to the embassy before your interview - how soon after the UK Embassy had everything did you receive your visa back?

Here's our timeline - we are just trying to figure out when to (usually) expect it...

11/7 - Medical

11/8 - Knightsbridge called to tell us there was a shadow on X-ray, 6-8 week TB test  

11/13 - Interview - Approved, pending medical

1/4 - TB test negative - Medical results finally sent to Embassy

1/7 - Embassy confirmed medical results were received

So now they have everything - we are in AP, and on the CEAC page it says if everything is approved they should issue the visa within two business days.  Is that accurate at all?  We are hoping that the status changes to Issued this week and then the visa is received next week... fingers crossed!  I would love to hear other experiences like this, although I know there aren't many that have to go through the TB test and such a long wait.

Timeline

Back to Administrative Processing this morning... and then back to Ready about an hour or so later... 

Keeping this topic updated for anyone who goes through a long medical wait - I know that I've been scouring the previous posts for information! :)  (for those wondering, my husband is Portuguese but lives in the UK, so we filed at the UK Embassy, that's why I'm here in this forum!)

So for an update:

11/7 - Medical

11/8 - Knightsbridge called to tell us there was a shadow on X-ray, 6-8 week TB test  

11/13 - Interview - Approved, pending medical

1/4 - TB test negative - Medical results finally sent to Embassy

1/7 - Embassy confirmed medical results were received

1/10 - Switched from AP to Ready

1/11 - Switched back to AP and then to Ready again

Soooo... now we wait the weekend!  Hoping for Issued on Monday! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
5 hours ago, classiquemle said:

Changed Issued this morning!! :)  

You will likely get the courier email Wednesday and the visa delivery on Thursday. That seems to be the general pattern, if there is a pattern to this madness. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

You will likely get the courier email Wednesday and the visa delivery on Thursday. That seems to be the general pattern, if there is a pattern to this madness. 

Thank you!!!  That's what I was thinking as well based on everyone's posts on here - hoping for courier email tomorrow, but I think that's a long shot!  

Timeline

Two questions for the experts:

1.  What time of day do you typically get the courier email, or does it vary?

2.  Does the https://ais.usvisa-info.com website update when your documents are on their way?  Just wondering if that's a way to check before getting the text/email from the courier. 

Thanks!  I think I'm the most anxious now! 

Timeline
10 hours ago, classiquemle said:

Two questions for the experts:

1.  What time of day do you typically get the courier email, or does it vary?

2.  Does the https://ais.usvisa-info.com website update when your documents are on their way?  Just wondering if that's a way to check before getting the text/email from the courier. 

Thanks!  I think I'm the most anxious now! 

1. Don't know. No personal experience.

2. I believe Issued is your final status on CEAC. After that is is out of the embassy's hands. It gets handed off to the courier who packages, addresses, and sends the email. Courier does not update, or have access to update any Dept of State contracted websites. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

1. Don't know. No personal experience.

2. I believe Issued is your final status on CEAC. After that is is out of the embassy's hands. It gets handed off to the courier who packages, addresses, and sends the email. Courier does not update, or have access to update any Dept of State contracted websites. 

Of course you were right!  We received the email today with delivery tomorrow (Thursday!)

The http://ais.usavisa-info.com website DOES update with the new tracking number, so if someone loses the email they can log into there and access everything.  

Thanks for everything, this is finally almost over!!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, classiquemle said:

Of course you were right!  We received the email today with delivery tomorrow (Thursday!)

The http://ais.usavisa-info.com website DOES update with the new tracking number, so if someone loses the email they can log into there and access everything.  

Thanks for everything, this is finally almost over!!!

And what time was the email?

You followed the pattern so many others have reported...email 2 days after Issued. Almost there. 

Good info to know the  usvisa thing updated to have your tracking number. 👍

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

And what time was the email?

You followed the pattern so many others have reported...email 2 days after Issued. Almost there. 

Good info to know the  usvisa thing updated to have your tracking number. 👍

The email was at 8:30 am GMT, so I'm guessing they process overnight.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 1/16/2019 at 1:53 PM, classiquemle said:

The email was at 8:30 am GMT, so I'm guessing they process overnight.  

Hi! My interview is scheduled next month, I just wanted to check how was your interview with pending medical results, did they say it was approved or no? Did you receive any form? (221g)

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jacque e Andrew said:

Hi! My interview is scheduled next month, I just wanted to check how was your interview with pending medical results, did they say it was approved or no? Did you receive any form? (221g)

Hi!  Mine was for UK, they said it was approved and I didn't receive any form, but other embassies might do it differently - on his visa it does say 221g, but it didn't cause any problem and they didn't ask anything at entry.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 minutes ago, classiquemle said:

Hi!  Mine was for UK, they said it was approved and I didn't receive any form, but other embassies might do it differently - on his visa it does say 221g, but it didn't cause any problem and they didn't ask anything at entry.

That's amazing to know! I already sent an email to the consulate to confirm that sending the results after the interview is ok; and they said it's fine 🙂 I was just trying to find someone with similar case! 

Thanks!!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.