Cicada

Passport hasn't arrived since the 18th of Dec

7 posts in this topic

We're F2A Visa Category (Sons of Permanent Resident) and we did our Visa Interview at the Cairo Embassy in the 18th of December. Here we are now, we did the Interview, got accepted! :) But here's the issue from the title, passport hasn't arrived, we are supposed to pick it up from an Aramex branch, we went there yesterday nothing even came up, they haven't even started the shipping process. We even tried calling the US Embassy in Cairo, they passed us to an automated number where they asked for a UID or BPT number? Not sure what the hell that is, if you know could you help out? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Cicada said:

We're F2A Visa Category (Sons of Permanent Resident) and we did our Visa Interview at the Cairo Embassy in the 18th of December. Here we are now, we did the Interview, got accepted! :) But here's the issue from the title, passport hasn't arrived, we are supposed to pick it up from an Aramex branch, we went there yesterday nothing even came up, they haven't even started the shipping process. We even tried calling the US Embassy in Cairo, they passed us to an automated number where they asked for a UID or BPT number? Not sure what the hell that is, if you know could you help out? 

have you checked the CEAC website to see if it says issued yet?

Aramex will send you a text to your phone when it is ready for pick up, I would recommend if haven't already to check the online status by NVC case number.

4 hours ago, Khallaf said:

have you checked the CEAC website to see if it says issued yet?

Aramex will send you a text to your phone when it is ready for pick up, I would recommend if haven't already to check the online status by NVC case number.

I keep checking the CEAC site, it's still on "Ready" (as if we were in the Interview process)
I'm in Alexandria by the way, if that helps anything. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Cicada said:

I keep checking the CEAC site, it's still on "Ready" (as if we were in the Interview process)
I'm in Alexandria by the way, if that helps anything. 

what is the date of the last update? was it before the interview or after?

once the visa has been issued CEAC will change to Issued from there you can expect a text message from the aramex you registered with about 2 days later.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.