charly101

TERMINATION NOTICE(I-129F)

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good evening everyone, Please i need an urgent response. My fiancée and i went through the K1 procces and i was denied the K1 VISA 2017.  

January 8, 2019 we received a letter from the USCIS  stating Termination Notice. My fiancee and i have decided to get married since we have received a notice from the USICS. My question is, since we didn't receive the reason for our denial, how can we solve the issue of the K1 denial after getting married and we now file for i-130 . 

Please your response will help us preceded in this matter and we need an advise on what to do. I have attached the copy of the TERMINATION NOTICE below.

WhatsApp Image 2019-01-08 at 9.53.15 PM.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

They usually give a reason for denial, so it's strange that you say that they just denied you without telling you why. Do you or your spouse have a criminal record or criminal background? That is a big reason why people get denied.

If there's nothing weird (no criminal background, no drug use, severe psychiatric problems etc) I would just go forward with the I-30. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, C90 said:

They usually give a reason for denial, so it's strange that you say that they just denied you without telling you why. Do you or your spouse have a criminal record or criminal background? That is a big reason why people get denied.

If there's nothing weird (no criminal background, no drug use, severe psychiatric problems etc) I would just go forward with the I-30. 

My fiancee and i don't have any criminal records or psychiatric problem. She forgot to send me the w2 and also forget to sign the paper that state that she will be my sponsor . The VO made it clear to me that how will she believe she has a job because there was no W2. i Told her that i will ask her to send it but believe the VO had already made up her mind to deny the visa. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Just now, charly101 said:

My fiancee and i don't have any criminal records or psychiatric problem. She forgot to send me the w2 and also forget to sign the paper that state that she will be my sponsor . The VO made it clear to me that how will she believe she has a job because there was no W2. i Told her that i will ask her to send it but believe the VO had already made up her mind to deny the visa. 

So I guess you never sent it? I mean, it's about 2 years later now... Anyway, if that's the only reason then you can just go on with the I-30. Obviously there's never any guarantee for an approval. Just make sure you have all the documents right this time and if you get an RFE, don't slack on sending the requested documents asap. Nigeria is already a high fraud country, slacking isn't going to help for an approval.

This is normal. It means the I-129F was returned by the embassy to USCIS (through NVC). the current policy at USCIS is to not review a returned I-129F and let it sit to expire. Yours expired. That letter is the notice that it expired.

As for how to fix the reason for denial, that's more complicated. You can try to file a FOIA request to see what turns up.

Presumably the petition was returned because the CO believed it was invalid...i.e. not a bona fide relationship (most likely), you were not both free to marry (any engagement ceremony discussions or photos sent?), etc.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
6 minutes ago, C90 said:

So I guess you never sent it? I mean, it's about 2 years later now... Anyway, if that's the only reason then you can just go on with the I-30. Obviously there's never any guarantee for an approval. Just make sure you have all the documents right this time and if you get an RFE, don't slack on sending the requested documents asap. Nigeria is already a high fraud country, slacking isn't going to help for an approval.

Okay. Thanks

Timeline
3 minutes ago, geowrian said:

This is normal. It means the I-129F was returned by the embassy to USCIS (through NVC). the current policy at USCIS is to not review a returned I-129F and let it sit to expire. Yours expired. That letter is the notice that it expired.

As for how to fix the reason for denial, that's more complicated. You can try to file a FOIA request to see what turns up.

Presumably the petition was returned because the CO believed it was invalid...i.e. not a bona fide relationship (most likely), you were not both free to marry (any engagement ceremony discussions or photos sent?), etc.

Thank you for your message. I showed the VO our engagement pictures when she asked for it. I was denied on the interview date and when got out i asked people that we through the K1 and also told that they too got denied.  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
48 minutes ago, C90 said:

not in most of the african countries

they just say "i can't give u a visa at this time,  Denied"

but to answer OP  it is pretty normal to have K1 denied for Nigeria

you will need to have more facetime with the USC and be able to prove a real relationship

plenty of visits

quality time together

If she provided any photos for an engagement party that looked like a marriage,   also a denial as "looks too married for K1"

get married

have the USC bring application to Nigeria so you can have it filled out together

save all proofs of visits like boarding passes to go with itinerary of flight

photos of USC with Nigerian family

give your USC spouse a POA (power of attorney )   it will help later to do taxes and other things she needs to do to prove a real relationship to u

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sounds like a classic case of K1 denial because you did not submit the proper documents (signed affidavit of support, W2, income tax returns).  Maybe other reasons that they did not tell you about.  If you get married, make sure you spend lots of time together, face to face, and submit evidence of all of those visits with the I-130 petition.  Also co-mingling of finances evidence.  Be more careful this time and submit ALL documents, exactly as requested in the instructions here on VJ and also the USCIS website.  Don't "forget" to submit something or sign a document. This process is long and difficult and every detail is important.  Carelessness will not lead to success, especially in a high-fraud country.  How many times have you seen each other, in person, during the last two years?

Edited by carmel34

Timeline
13 hours ago, carmel34 said:

Sounds like a classic case of K1 denial because you did not submit the proper documents (signed affidavit of support, W2, income tax returns).  Maybe other reasons that they did not tell you about.  If you get married, make sure you spend lots of time together, face to face, and submit evidence of all of those visits with the I-130 petition.  Also co-mingling of finances evidence.  Be more careful this time and submit ALL documents, exactly as requested in the instructions here on VJ and also the USCIS website.  Don't "forget" to submit something or sign a document. This process is long and difficult and every detail is important.  Carelessness will not lead to success, especially in a high-fraud country.  How many times have you seen each other, in person, during the last two years?

Thank you very much. She only visited once before we applied for the K1.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, charly101 said:

Thank you very much. She only visited once before we applied for the K1.

Wow, one visit!  How much time together on that one visit?  You will need lots more time together, face to face, and evidence of these visits, plus co-mingling of finances evidence, before you submit the spousal visa petition if you want to increase your chances of approval, especially with the beneficiary in Nigeria, a high-fraud country.  Good luck!

Timeline
52 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

Wow, one visit!  How much time together on that one visit?  You will need lots more time together, face to face, and evidence of these visits, plus co-mingling of finances evidence, before you submit the spousal visa petition if you want to increase your chances of approval, especially with the beneficiary in Nigeria, a high-fraud country.  Good luck!

When she came we spent two weeks together. She could stay more than two weeks due to her work schedule. She plans to visit this year and we already planing our marriage. Though i reside in Senegal but i am from Nigeria .My last interview was in Senegal.  Please you said something about co-mingling of finances evidence. Does it mean that we should open a joint account here in Senegal when she visit, and to prove to them . Please can you explain .Thanks

Timeline
18 minutes ago, charly101 said:

When she came we spent two weeks together. She could stay more than two weeks due to her work schedule. She plans to visit this year and we already planing our marriage. Though i reside in Senegal but i am from Nigeria .My last interview was in Senegal.  Please you said something about co-mingling of finances evidence. Does it mean that we should open a joint account here in Senegal when she visit, and to prove to them . Please can you explain .Thanks

Some of the ideas others have suggested include:

1. joint bank account if you can do it living in separate countries, statements showing that you both deposit and spend the funds on joint expenses

2. joint credit card account and statements showing you both use the card for expenses

3. joint lease on US apartment or both names on title if own a home

4. both names on utility bills for a residence together, even if you don't live together it is possible to do this in some locales

5. both names on health insurance, dental insurance, auto insurance, homeowners or renter's insurance, etc.

6. beneficiary named by petitioner on company pension plan, life insurance, investment accounts

7. will and living will for both parties, naming spouses in both legal documents

8. evidence of sending each other money, via Western Union, PayPal, etc. or cancelled checks

9. beneficiary listed as emergency contact for petitioner at work

10. both names on retail memberships like CostCo, Sam's Club, AAA, etc.

Evidence of anything that a married couple would normally do to combine finances.  A lot of this you can do living in separate countries, even without a SSN.  Look at the I-130 instructions for more information.

Edited by carmel34

45 minutes ago, charly101 said:

She plans to visit this year and we already planing our marriage.

You are going to need more than one visit . . .  sounds like you previous visit was two years ago.   The more face to face time will help your bona fide marriage proof along with the commingling described above.  My wife was also a third country filer and the consulate had a lot of questions.   And we physically lived together for 5 months. 

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
1 hour ago, carmel34 said:

Some of the ideas others have suggested include:

1. joint bank account if you can do it living in separate countries, statements showing that you both deposit and spend the funds on joint expenses

2. joint credit card account and statements showing you both use the card for expenses

3. joint lease on US apartment or both names on title if own a home

4. both names on utility bills for a residence together, even if you don't live together it is possible to do this in some locales

5. both names on health insurance, dental insurance, auto insurance, homeowners or renter's insurance, etc.

6. beneficiary named by petitioner on company pension plan, life insurance, investment accounts

7. will and living will for both parties, naming spouses in both legal documents

8. evidence of sending each other money, via Western Union, PayPal, etc. or cancelled checks

9. beneficiary listed as emergency contact for petitioner at work

10. both names on retail memberships like CostCo, Sam's Club, AAA, etc.

Evidence of anything that a married couple would normally do to combine finances.  A lot of this you can do living in separate countries, even without a SSN.  Look at the I-130 instructions for more information.

Thanks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.