Hook_Grapp

Packet 3.. Just so i am clear

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

It appears our Application is at the consulate. I am unclear on what exactly we're waiting for at this point? Are we waiting for Packet 3 instructions?

Is this not it: https://photos.state.gov/libraries/canada/303578/montreal/Packet3-K1-MTL.pdf

Since we already have the instructions from online, cant we just do this now? All we need to do is confirmation bar code for DS-160, scanned and signed copy of the checklist, and the color copy of the passport page according to that page. We have all that So can we send that off right now to the email address provided on the instructions page?

I am confused whether or not packet 3 that the consulate is sending us is any different than the instructions above? 

please help me understand. thanks

Timeline

The Packet 3 that you will receive is the same as the one that you can find online/from VJers, etc.  

If you send them the information before they have requested it from you, they will reply chastising you for sending it and tell you to wait until it has been requested.  

The wait between arrival at consulate and distribution of P3 seems to be 2ish weeks.  There's a November 29 arrival/December 12 P3 timeline, for example.  This thread (https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/691624-k1-filers-nov-dec-2018-noa2-consulate/) is where the Nov/Dec NOA2s have been hanging out and has quite a few people that are either just receiving their P3 or waiting it out.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, d24v said:

The Packet 3 that you will receive is the same as the one that you can find online/from VJers, etc.  

If you send them the information before they have requested it from you, they will reply chastising you for sending it and tell you to wait until it has been requested.  

The wait between arrival at consulate and distribution of P3 seems to be 2ish weeks.  There's a November 29 arrival/December 12 P3 timeline, for example.  This thread (https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/691624-k1-filers-nov-dec-2018-noa2-consulate/) is where the Nov/Dec NOA2s have been hanging out and has quite a few people that are either just receiving their P3 or waiting it out.

Thank you so much. This is helpful. 

Timeline

Hi VJ's,

is the Letter of Intent to Marry listed on the Packet 3 should be notarized? thank you

US Date of Entry:                                 05/11/2019

Date of Marriage:                                06/28/2019
I-485 / I-765 / I-131 Sent :                  07/31/2019

I-485 / I-765 / I-131 Received:           08/01/2019

Credit Card Charged:                           08/05/2019
I-485 / I-765 / I-131 NOA1 :                08/05/2019    
Biometrics Letter Received :              08/16/2019
Biometrics Appointment Date :         08/29/2019

Timeline
4 hours ago, ErickandLeo said:

Hi VJ's,

is the Letter of Intent to Marry listed on the Packet 3 should be notarized? thank you

No It does not need to be notorized. Ive been on this forum long enough to atleast know that. 😉

Timeline
13 hours ago, Hook_Grapp said:

No It does not need to be notorized. Ive been on this forum long enough to atleast know that. 😉

Thank you, I started to gather those listed in packet 3 before the actual Packet 3 arrives thru mail😁

US Date of Entry:                                 05/11/2019

Date of Marriage:                                06/28/2019
I-485 / I-765 / I-131 Sent :                  07/31/2019

I-485 / I-765 / I-131 Received:           08/01/2019

Credit Card Charged:                           08/05/2019
I-485 / I-765 / I-131 NOA1 :                08/05/2019    
Biometrics Letter Received :              08/16/2019
Biometrics Appointment Date :         08/29/2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.