Asor

Father is a US Citizen and want to get my brother in Philippines

41 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, HonoraryCitizen said:

I think you may be having a problem with the English language. You seem not to understand what I wrote. Get someone to help you, your question has been answered and the solution is in  my previous response. Read it again.

nope i get it, but i forgot to put in philippines. my brother was born in philippines, it is still the same answer or process that you have explained?

Thank you very much.

20 minutes ago, Asor said:

My father was born in the philippines, he became a citizen because of his father. He lives in US of more than 25 years and yes he lives in US before my brother was born in philippines.

Apologize for confusing 😇

Thank you all for your help and time. 

Thanks for finally clarifying, lol. Yes it seems your brother was born a citizen then. Are you sure your father did not register your brother’s birth with the American embassy when he was born? If not your brother will need to gather required proof to present at embassy to get his US passport.

so...your father lived in the US, went back to Philippines, married your mother, had a couple of kids, went back to the US. How long has he been apart from your mother here? As a citizen already why didn’t he just bring his wife and son back with him? Asking simply because from what you’ve said the marriage situation still worries me that your father wants to file i130 for your mom. how old are you?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, Asor said:

My father is a citizen of Us, I am the first petition of my father and now we want to get my brother and mother. my mother and father are married. what is the faster process to get them? File a I-130 for them? Thanks

Yes. File I-130 for them that's what my dad did to all of us (minors) except my mom (not married).

CASE FILED/SENT: 9/25/17

USCIS RECEIVED: 9/27/17

NOA 1: 9/29/17

NOA 2: 4/03/18

NVC RCVD. & CASE # ASSIGNED: 4/24/18

CASE LEFT NVC: 4/27/18

CONSULATE RECEIVED CASE: 4/29/18

MEDICAL @ ST. LUKE'S: 5/17/18

SPUTUM TEST: 5/23-25/18

PULMONARY EVAL: 5/30/18

CULTURE RESULT: 7/26/18 NEGATIVE!!!

INTERVIEW DATE: 8/07/18 APPROVED!!!

VISA RECEIVED: 9/01/18

CFO SEMINAR: 9/25/18

US ENTRY:  9/28/18 

MARRIAGE: 10/25/18

AOS FILED: 12/14/18 I-765, I-485, I-131

AOS NOA1: 12/19/18

BIOMETRICS SCHEDULE: 01/08/19

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Asor said:

nope i get it, but i forgot to put in philippines. my brother was born in philippines, it is still the same answer or process that you have explained?

Thank you very much.

If your father wishes he can request a CRBA from the embassy in the Philippines for your brother.  At that time your brother will be eligible for a US passport.

When we went in to apply for a CRBA for our daughter I had to apply for it in person and we all had to be present.  I do not believe your mother can do it herself.

5 hours ago, Asor said:

Thank you very much.

I will just try to put your answers in bullet points. 

1. Your father was born in the Philippines but became a US Citizen from his father who is a US Citizen, correct?

2. You father have been in the US for 25 years.

3. Your father was already a US Citizen when your 13 y/o brother was born.

--if the  3 statements above are  true, then your father can just file CRBA like the other said and your brother will get his US Citizenship.

--For your mother, he would need to file the I-130 petition.

If you want, you can reply in tagalog and I can translate it for you. (if I am not violating any TOS, MOD?)

12 minutes ago, POA said:

I will just try to put your answers in bullet points. 

1. Your father was born in the Philippines but became a US Citizen from his father who is a US Citizen, correct?

2. You father have been in the US for 25 years.

3. Your father was already a US Citizen when your 13 y/o brother was born.

--if the  3 statements above are  true, then your father can just file CRBA like the other said and your brother will get his US Citizenship.

--For your mother, he would need to file the I-130 petition.

If you want, you can reply in tagalog and I can translate it for you. (if I am not violating any TOS, MOD?)

English only in the upper forums.. OP could PM you and you could post both with their permission. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

5 minutes ago, NikLR said:

English only in the upper forums.. OP could PM you and you could post both with their permission. 

Thanks NikLR! 

I am asking on behalf of the OP.

1.  Does his dad needs to go back to the Philippines to apply for CRBA for his brother or can his mom submit the necessary documents  his on behalf (provided his mom has all the requirements from the checklist https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/crba-checklist_april2018.pdf ).

17 minutes ago, POA said:

I am asking on behalf of the OP.

1.  Does his dad needs to go back to the Philippines to apply for CRBA for his brother or can his mom submit the necessary documents  his on behalf (provided his mom has all the requirements from the checklist https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/crba-checklist_april2018.pdf ).

That question seems to be answered in the section at the bottom of page 1 of your link. There are certain notarized documents he needs to send.

Edited by SusieQQQ

9 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

That question seems to be answered in the section at the bottom of page 1 of your link. There are certain notarized documents he needs to send.

Thanks Susie! I should have read that thoroughly. lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.