NJShoreMom

NEWBIE asking for daughter and her fiancee pls be gentle!

86 posts in this topic

Does he speak Italian? Here are the Italian immigration pages which can be translated:

K1 page: https://it.usembassy.gov/visas/iv/fiancee-visa/

Italian spousal visa page: https://it.usembassy.gov/visas/iv/family-based-immigration/

Turkey

K1: https://tr.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/

Spousal: https://tr.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/

These will not be nearly as helpful or detailed as the information here, but a good place to start in is own language where he can find forms for each visa to review. If you convince them to hop on here, there are regional subforums available where he could likely find or start some conversations in his language. 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
36 minutes ago, NJShoreMom said:

I hear what you are saying, and yes, they should be on this forum.  I did send him the link, but of course English is not his first language.  Is there a way to get this to translate?  Also, this is very fast, since she just learned of the pregnancy.  I tend to think and overthink and do alot of online research, therefore I am the one who found this forum.  Unfortunately Turkish citizens cannot visit here as a tourist (which is why she was flying over to see him) and they have discussed the very real possibility of marrying and living in Rome.  But of course I want them here!  Shes MY baby!

again thanks for everyone's input

If she is pregnant, and he is well established in Italy with a job etc, it might be be best course of action for them and your future grandchild (but probably not you) to get married in Italy, and for her to stay there at least temporarily. After marriage she can petition for CR1. She, as US Citizen, needs to initiate this process. She can then choose stay there for about a year or so while it percolates via USCIS process and once they have their approval they can explore options of moving to US and looking for job here etc.

10 minutes ago, NJShoreMom said:

Trust me, I am....I am currently getting hives all over my neck 😩 and yeh this only the beginning.

thanks again everyone 

Just relax as you navigate through this as you will see how easy it was. The hardest part is the wait.

Here are my suggested list of what to do first, second .... (Others can chime in if needed)

1. They need to do is get on VJ.

2. They need to read about both visas types K-1 or CR-1. I remember seeing someone post the links.

3. They then need to decide which visa they will pursue. Keeping in mind, If they decide to marry in his country of residence (Italy) then they need to be sure that he is going to be there once the application is approved to have the interview. Will he be there for an additional year while processing (application submittal to interview)? Of course, in mid stream they can make a residence change back to Turkey. They must also weigh what their time expectations are as getting married in Italy might be faster then in Turkey (customs will play into this equation).

4. Once you know which visa then you just need to use the "guides" located on the top of this page, in the blue ribbon where you make your selection. Scroll through the next pages till you find the one that matches your choice. Follow the guides and then sit back waiting for the approval, about 5-8 months. BTW this is a moving timeline.

5. Then once the application is approved then at that time you can ask here on VJ for help in the next steps.

There are a whole host of people willing to help. Just ask.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

40 minutes ago, NJShoreMom said:

Trust me, I am....I am currently getting hives all over my neck 😩 and yeh this only the beginning.

thanks again everyone 

Your daughter and future son in law need to get on here themselves. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If she can establish legal residence in Italy (not tourist) for 6 months or more there is another available option to file for him in Italy. This however is contingent on her ability to call Italy her place of residence  

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I think your daughter should be on this site soaking in all the knowledge she can find. It's nice you're trying to do the initial research for her but since both of you are new to the process two heads will be better than one. The Italian husband can also join the research party and in that case you get three heads. Hey on top of that are a lots additional heads here on VJ to offer assistance. Nonetheless, the main options you have right now are K1 or CR1 routes.

5 hours ago, NJShoreMom said:

As I previously mentioned, he is currently living in Rome Italy altho he is a citizen of Turkey.  Would it matter if she traveled to Rome to marry him or would she have to go to Turkey?

They could marry in Rome but the marriage is not as quick as, for example, a courthouse marriage in the US: https://www.italianweddingevent.com/wedding-requirements-for-italy/requirements-for-us/ The best option is marriage in either Copenhagen, Denmark or Reykjavík, Iceland:

Italy, Denmark, and Iceland are in the Schengen travel area so he can travel without issue as he is an Italian resident: https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/entry-exit/non-eu-nationals/index_en.htm "If you have a valid residence permit from one of those Schengen countries, it is equivalent to a visa."

She, as a US citizen, does not need a Schengen visa so she can also travel to those countries without issue.

Edited by vivostu

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
6 hours ago, John & Rose said:

K-1 Fees

$535 - USCIS Filing Fee

$265 per person - DS-160 (Visa Application)

$200 to $400 - Medical Fee

$1,225 per person - AOS Fee (Includes EAD/AP if filed together)

$750 per child under 14

$680 per person - ROC Fee

hello, how about affidavit of support fee during adjustment of status? is it included in the $1225?

(L)Our Timeline(L)

2015 Nov 03 - met online app (Skout)

2016 Jan 18 - became couple officially

2017 Sep 15 - met for the first time in person (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 03 - met for the 2nd time (USA to Singapore - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 08 - got engaged 

2018 Sep 01 - met for the 3rd time (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2019 May 31 - 4th meeting :goofy:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K1 Visa Timeline:

2018 Aug 22 - I129f sent (DIY)

2018 Aug 29 - NOA1

worries before approval:

1) submitted 1 statement/letter of intent both signed by the pet/ben

2) petitioner's accidentally/stupidly committed DWI after i129f submission

2019 Jan 16 - NOA2 (140 days from Noa1 - No RFE)

2019 Feb 06 - case received by NVC (21 days from Noa2)

2019 Feb 08 - case number received

2019 Feb 19 - left NVC

2019 Feb 25 - case received by SG consulate

2019 Feb 28 - Packet 3 received

2019 Mar 04 - Packet 3 sent back to SG consulate

2019 Mar 07 - Packet 4 received (interview schedule)

2019 Mar 12 - Medical (additional vaccine on 19 Mar)

2019 Mar 27 - Interview (221g, medical results pending)

2019 Mar 27 - Administrative Processing

2019 Mar 27 - Clinic sent medical results to Embassy

2019 Mar 28 - Administrative Processing

2019 Mar 29 - Application Received

2019 Apr 01 - Issued

2019 Apr 04 - VOH

2 minutes ago, ourjourney_pc said:

hello, how about affidavit of support fee during adjustment of status? is it included in the $1225?

There is no Affidavit of Support Fee for K-1

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
19 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

There is no Affidavit of Support Fee for K-1

but during adjustment of status, you need to file for i864 i believed? which supposed to cost $120?

thank you

(L)Our Timeline(L)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K1 Visa Timeline:

2018 Aug 29 - NOA1

worries before approval:

2019 Feb 19 - left NVC

2019 Apr 01 - Issued

2019 Apr 04 - VOH

Timeline
3 minutes ago, vivostu said:

No fee; see "Filing Fee" section: https://www.uscis.gov/i-864

yes thank you, i've seen that one before and also just now before i asked john,

but i was just confused because i remember the last time checked the site, it does say that filing fee was $120..

and also if you see the analysis for CR1 (from john & rose), you have to file the same form i864 but with payment of $120

thank you all

(L)Our Timeline(L)

K1 Visa Timeline:

2018 Aug 29 - NOA1

worries before approval:

2019 Feb 19 - left NVC

2019 Apr 01 - Issued

2019 Apr 04 - VOH

8 minutes ago, ourjourney_pc said:

yes thank you, i've seen that one before and also just now before i asked john,

but i was just confused because i remember the last time checked the site, it does say that filing fee was $120..

and also if you see the analysis for CR1 (from john & rose), you have to file the same form i864 but with payment of $120

thank you all

You're conflating CR-1 costs with K-1 costs. Like @John & Rose said there is no I-864 fee for the K-1 process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.