me.and.her

can change interview date ? please help

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
12 minutes ago, me.and.her said:

Please i need help :

how i can schedule my interview day ?

I mean the consulate sent me a date ( this month ) and i wana change my interview day , is possibe ?

if you h ave received the interview letter it explains or it should it did in the CR1 interview letter on how to reschedule it, but it very well can add delays to your case.

what would be the reason to move it?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, me.and.her said:

me and my fiance: we  want us tax 2018 , because she have a bad 2017 tax mean she dont have income ..... 

K1 Visa

is she not able to get help from a sponsor? did she not make the 100% of poverty level? you are aware when it comes to AOS after you get here and get married there is a 125% of poverty level that is required.

not to mention the government is shut down, there will be no processing of tax returns until it comes back open and it might not be anytime soon. From what I understand they will not even look at the 2018 tax return unless its after April 15, 2019.

it is up to the CO if they still want to require her to get a sponsor to help.

Edited by Khallaf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

we heard after 31/jan can field tax electronic , she didnt find a co-sponsor :/ 

in 2017 she didnt make good income but in 2018 good 

anyway any idea for change my date interview like untill april ? 

Timeline
Just now, me.and.her said:

you can file them, however they will not be accepted until the IRS is back and running and with the government shut down that isn't happening

Timeline
Just now, me.and.her said:

so what i do now ? i dont go to my interview and  i call nvc ? or what ? 

I think there is an expiration date of the NOA2 but I could be wrong I didn't go through K1 we married in Egypt and I filed CR1.

how much did she make for her tax transcripts, is she able to provide current pay stubs and letter from her employer

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 minutes ago, me.and.her said:

anyway any idea for change my date interview like untill april ? 

like said above government is shut down and we have no way to get 2018 taxes processed

i would get a statement from her employer with the current income and start date of work to show u meet the 100% poverty guidelines

also line up a cosponsor

she can send you her W2's if she has them by interview date

about 4 days to get a USPS overnight letter to you

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

you should keep interview

if they want a cosponsor, you will be given a 221g for additional documents

are you saying she does not even make $16, 460 for 2 people

i would be more worried how the 2 of you were going to make it

too late to notify NVC as packet went to embassy

Timeline
7 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

you should keep interview

if they want a cosponsor, you will be given a 221g for additional documents

are you saying she does not even make $16, 460 for 2 people

i would be more worried how the 2 of you were going to make it

too late to notify NVC as packet went to embassy

I am more worried for them, to pass the interview, he gets here and can't work for 6-7 months, and the cost for the AOS, income should have been well thought out in what was the best visa for the two of them to go after.

Edited by Khallaf

16 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

But doesnt current income outweigh previous year income?? So , if one is over with current, would a co sponsor still be needed? Also, is SSI also considered "income" for purposes of affidavit of support?

Current income is king. The CO makes a decision based on the totality of the circumstances, in which past years may be part of the consideration.

SSI can be included as income.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.