Jamalz

DV1 visa lottery

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everybody!

Can you enlighten me with some information about my case, I’ve been selected for the DV-2019 and I had my interview on the 16th November 2018 at Casablanca embassy and everything was going well and I had my interview with the consulate and the only issue I had was the address on my DS-260 because it wasn’t  permanent and I had to so I asked for the change during the interview and I answered all the questions and after that I had a white sheet with Admin review 221g and been told by the counselor “we will be looking at Your case” and they kept my passport and got my Baccalaureate or “high school diploma” back and every time I check my visa application status  on /ceac.state.gov/ I get this response “Invalid Application ID or Case Number and it’s been weeks since my interview 

please tell me what to do and someone had to go through something  similar

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*****  moving from K1 fiance visa to DV Lottery visa forum ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Did the case Number start with CSBand the date of the year?

do not put case # here but that could be the issue

Was the address you speak of the one you are to live in here in the USA?

about all you can do not is wait for embassy to do the background check

Timeline
4 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

Did the case Number start with CSBand the date of the year?

do not put case # here but that could be the issue

Was the address you speak of the one you are to live in here in the USA?

about all you can do not is wait for embassy to do the background check

Hello sir

well my case number start with 2019AF

and about the address I had to change it because it was not permanent and the person in the state changed their mind and I don’t know people before there until I meet my girlfriend and I put her address during my interview, another person I met at the embassy was a DV winner got his approval and we had the interview on the same day

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jamalz said:

Hello sir

well my case number start with 2019AF

and about the address I had to change it because it was not permanent and the person in the state changed their mind and I don’t know people before there until I meet my girlfriend and I put her address during my interview, another person I met at the embassy was a DV winner got his approval and we had the interview on the same d

That is why you can not check it on the CEAC site

Try putting CSB in front of 2019 with the remaining numbers

CSB is for casablanca

so a case number should read CSB2019xxxxxxxxx   

Did the paper sent to you to get into interview have CSB #?

BTW  keep a copy of everything you send and get from immigration

Edited by adil-rafa

@adil-rafathat is not a correct case number for DV.  All DV case numbers start with year and region code, not embassy code.

@Jamalz, are you leaving out all the 00s in the middle of the case number when you enter it? If not then do so and try again.

The case numbers for DV were only available as from this week on CEAC from what I understand, which would explain why “invalid” was coming up last year, but it should be there by now.

it is a good sign they kept your passport, it’s an indication they plan to issue the visa. Sometimes checks take longer than they expect. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
23 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

That is why you can not check it on the CEAC site

Try putting CSB in front of 2019 with the remaining numbers

CSB is for casablanca

so a case number should read CSB2019xxxxxxxxx   

Did the paper sent to you to get into interview have CSB #?

BTW  keep a copy of everything you send and get from immigration

I tried as you said but it’s not working and I don’t think it’s something to add in, but thank you very much 

I don’t think there was sth CSB on the papers but I will check, and I have all the documents by me the only thing I got back after the interview is, a social security sheets, and the 221g saying admin review and my baccalaureate and my work diploma 

Timeline
22 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

@adil-rafathat is not a correct case number for DV.  All DV case numbers start with year and region code, not embassy code.

@Jamalz, are you leaving out all the 00s in the middle of the case number when you enter it? If not then do so and try again.

The case numbers for DV were only available as from this week on CEAC from what I understand, which would explain why “invalid” was coming up last year, but it should be there by now.

it is a good sign they kept your passport, it’s an indication they plan to issue the visa. Sometimes checks take longer than they expect. 

I tried both ways sir with the zero and without it but same thing and I just tried today and I still have the same message, I had my interview the 16th November 2018 so how long had it been now? Should I count Saturday and Sunday also with the business days? And that’s what I been told about them keeping my passport and I hope and pray to get good news sooner to join my fiancé 

another thing I had doubt about is I been working on a cruise ship before abroad and I didn’t mention that on my DS-260 with other jobs I did but I didn’t stayed longer than six months in one place and also they did not asked for extra documents the sheets I got only marked “admin review”

Weekends, federal (US) holidays and public holidays in your country are not business days. 

Have you called or emailed the embassy to ask for an update yet?

But I don’t understand why your case number is not working, I have checked that they are available on CEAC. Are you sure you are entering under category  “immigrant visa” in format 2019AFxxxxx, and that you are correctly entering the captcha check?

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
9 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Weekends, federal (US) holidays and public holidays in your country are not business days. 

Have you called or emailed the embassy to ask for an update yet?

But I don’t understand why your case number is not working, I have checked that they are available on CEAC. Are you sure you are entering under category  “immigrant visa” in format 2019AFxxxxx, and that you are correctly entering the captcha check?

Okay thank you very much so that’s mean minus those days it’s 37 days by now, and my bad I was checking my status under the non immigrant visa because of the forma example of the case number and I just checked right now and I did that correctly and I’m having this message “Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into...”

where and how can I contact the embassy?!

Glad to hear you found your case, even if it didn’t show you anything more than what you already knew...

check the embassy website, each embassy has its own preferred contact method. Look for an email or phone number for the immigrant visa unit.

Timeline
9 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Glad to hear you found your case, even if it didn’t show you anything more than what you already knew...

check the embassy website, each embassy has its own preferred contact method. Look for an email or phone number for the immigrant visa unit.

Yeah!! Thank you very much for your help.

I had my interview in Casablanca embassy, should I call them now or wait because some days I should contact them after 60 days due to 221g 

Timeline
12 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Why does it says case last update 17-Dec-2018 and I had my interview on November 16th

41 minutes ago, Jamalz said:

Why does it says case last update 17-Dec-2018 and I had my interview on November 16th

Because they did something to your file on that date, presumably something related to the AP. At least you know they’ve been working on your case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.